AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-09, 22:28   Link #1
NewbToGame
Inactive Member

Video Problems

Well I recently installed BSplayer since I didn't knew that windows media player can play ogm files so after I learned that I decided to uninstall the BSplayer. Well thats where the problem started. I can't watch anime anymore. I can hear the people's voices but no video. Also the strange thing is I can watch old anime movies like Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust and movies that are not animated. Yes I tried uninstalling all the codecs and installing nimo. Also I tried that strange ffd thing or whatever that is on the forums but none of them works. Well any advices? Also I installed windows media player 9 and uinstall divx player, ogg codec, divx codec, and xvid codec already.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:04   Link #2
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

Well if your trying to play ogm files on windows media player you would need to d/l the ogm codec and that should be the only thing you would need since you have
ffd show installed you can get the ogm codec here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=175 it shows all the different codecs that you might possibly need and also explations on the list by Animaniac
Old 2003-11-10, 02:16   Link #3
NewbToGame
Inactive Member

yeah but the thing is umm. It's a little to late to worry about the ogm codec since I keep reinstalling all the codecs and so far all my anime has no video except a big blank screen.
Old 2003-11-10, 03:24   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Uninstall all codecs, nimo, divx, xvid, etc. Then go ahead and reinstall in this order, forget about Nimo.

1. Divx codec
2. ffdshow
3. Xvid codec
4. OGM codec
Old 2003-11-11, 00:33   Link #5
NewbToGame
Inactive Member

Still not working no matter what I try. Also when I tried to play it with the divx player it doesn't even have sound itself or video when I play it. So I don't know what to do or say. Is it probably because when I installed ffd it said couldn't read that windows 32 dll file and I clicked ignored. Well also when I uninstall all the codecs I have I can still hear the voices from peace maker kurogane. Same results with all the codecs. Strange. Well I'm pretty much stumped. I tried all these codec packs at different paces. Well maybe it's because I install and uninstall it all in a big lump but i really doubt it. Or I left the xvid and divx codec option on ffd when I already installed xvid or divx. ARGHHHHHH. Well I can always watch old real player anime *snickers*. Well it had happened before but I don't know how I fixed it probably a flux. Well I have windows xp professional if that helps. You do know when I mean video problems I mean just a big blank screen right when I launch the anime. Also I know it isn't the file since I use to play the same anime all the time and now it won't work.

Last edited by NewbToGame; 2003-11-11 at 00:46.
Old 2003-11-11, 00:43   Link #6
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Try turn off the overlay of the player if you use mediaplayer9 and use the overlay of ffshow in auto mode
Old 2003-11-11, 00:46   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbToGame
Still not working no matter what I try. Also when I tried to play it with the divx player it doesn't even have sound it self. So I don't know what to do or say. Is it probably because when I installed ffd it said couldn't read that windows 32 dll file and I clicked ignored.
Thats strange did you uninstall all of your codecs including ffdshow, remember you cannot install install ffdshow when it is in use make sure to close any open programs before installing. The best thing to do now is to remove all codecs also divx player and start clean again.

Intall codecs in this order

1. ffdshow
2. divx player with codec get divx player 2.1
3. Install Xvid codec get NICs Xvid decoder latest version here
4. Install OGM codecs

after it is all installed restart your computer and test
Old 2003-11-11, 02:47   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Just two things that I want to add to Keitarou20's advice.
  1. If you've installed ffdshow, then you do not need DivX or Xvid so you're better off without them.
    (Less chance of conflict.)
  2. DivX player sucks. There are a lot of videos that it won't play and audio formats that it can't handle.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-11, 02:53   Link #9
NewbToGame
Inactive Member

Well that's what I did. I uninstalled all my codecs before I reinstall it like you did. Also how do you turn off your overlay for windows media player in 9.0? First I tried to watch anime with no codecs and some say it can't load while some let me enter it and only hear the voices. I tried to play it with all the codecs and it let me watch it but it's only a blank screen and I can hear the voices. I tried with no codec and with codec with divx and they all won't let me hear the voices or watch it just a big blank. I tried to have only xvid. If I have only xvid it let me watch some anime but not really a wide variaty maybe 1 or 2 series. With xvid and ogg codec I can watch some stuff but thats up to 3 series. If I try with the divx codec bam none works. Now my mp3s won't play on windows media player once I removed all the codecs. Also strange thing is sometimes when I select a anime it works. But when I reselect it again bam it doesn't work anymore. It only works when I freshly restart the computer.
Old 2003-11-11, 03:51   Link #10
NewbToGame
Inactive Member

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=513 Hmm I did recently installed Direct X 9.0 and it is like what he said. You think it's related or what? Hope that bit of info helps too. Btw I also checked GSpot and it says I have 2 divx codec even though I uninstalled it. Do you think that chunk is the problem? Also when I have the ffd and the ogm together it still don't work. I even tried switching mpeg-4 to xvid ver one.

Last edited by NewbToGame; 2003-11-12 at 00:46.