AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-05, 10:16   Link #1
gatsbyz

about ichigo's mask[possible spoilers]

Has anyone realised that the red lines on ichigo's hollow mask seems to grow from time to time?Like the time when uruhara helped ichigo get his shinigami powers back and ichigo appeared in shinigami form but with the mask on,there were 3 red lines on the left forehead of ichigo' mask.Then later when ichigo's hollow form took over while he was fighting with byakuya,there were 5 red lines on his mask.3 on the left side of the forehead and 2 at the bottom of the eyes of hollow ichigo's mask.Then finally when ichigo learned how to control his mask, this time his mask had 8 red lines on it.4 red lines connecting at one point on the left forehead of his mask,2 connecting at one point at the bottom of the mask's eyes and now even the left side of the mask's chin has 2 red lines connecting at one point. It might indicate something...unless mr.kubo just added the lines for show.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-05, 20:21   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So the dark little things unite.. ehh~
It's just for show.. I doubt they'll add it to the anime, they are cheap, they'll probably add some stupid kon parody.
The manga always had more in-depth detail then the anime.

Anyway it means nothing right now.. there's not even the slightless indication that it is anything more then story-eye-candy. Game Over.
------------------------------------
Spoiler for Spoilerific Images:
Old 2007-05-05, 20:28   Link #3
deadroot

Location: Apartment, the home where I hide, away from all the darkness outside
Wow just a thread I need! I was about to post something on this topic in the manga spoilerz venting thread, but no need anymore. Well I have to agree that there is something going on in the world of Ichigo's mask. I just find it weird when people say that the lines are altered for the reason of looks. They have to give the author more credit than that! For me I refused to think that simplisticly.

Back in one of the threads I believe I wrote something like that the reason the lines are there is to indicate Ichigo's power level. The more power he gains, the more red lines there are. The time when he fought Byakuya we see 5 red lines on his mask is due to his acheivement of Bankai IMO.

To be more accurate about his mask later on, it was 4 red lines on the top, 3 lines on the cheek, and 4 lines on the chin. It was during the chapter when Ichigo was fighting Ulquiorra that we see this change. The reason for the addition of red lines is because once again Ichigo has gained a higher power. That power is the bond with his hollow side and the ability to control his mask.

So it is pretty obvious to me that there is some meaning behind this. I don't see why the author would change his mask over such short periods of time for just the purpose of looks. Why take the time to add more work for yourself when there's no point in doing so?

I'll try to post some pictures up from the manga later on. (that is if no one else beats me to it first)
Old 2007-05-05, 20:47   Link #4
Lendial

eventualy will his mask be covered with red lines? maybe 8 on top and 4 on sides
Old 2007-05-05, 21:22   Link #5
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
or becomes completely red
Old 2007-05-05, 21:50   Link #6
deadroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
or becomes completely red
Then after that maybe he'll develop some green hair....and then VOILA a Strawberry!
Old 2007-05-05, 22:29   Link #7
gatsbyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadroot View Post
Then after that maybe he'll develop some green hair....and then VOILA a Strawberry!
haha!! that would be really something if it were to happen..

its a wild guess but i think those red lines increase as ichigo gets more control over his hollow side..
Old 2007-05-07, 19:40   Link #8
deadroot

That can very well be true since Ichigo still hasn't master the ability to use his mask and hollow side, there is still plenty of room for improvement. I believe it is only from his hollow side that he can gain strength in this current arc. I bet we'll see more red marks once he truly conquers his hollow powers
Old 2007-05-07, 20:03   Link #9
reloaded
skywalker

To be honest I never even payed attention to the marks on the mask I kept overlooking it because I thought it would just stay the same like Ichigo's shinigami clothes. It would be cool if once the mask becomes filled with red lines Ichigo will have access to a new power of some sort.

For a Zanpakuto there is Shikai and then the rare Bankai.
For a Hollow mask you can consider putting the mask on parallel to Shikai because it takes immediate effect by boosting power, If you were to compare a hollow mask to a Zanpakuto you can say there might be a second hollow stage aswell parallel to that of Bankai which can be achieved when (in Ichigos case) the mask becomes filled with lines (Indicating your power).

This seems fairly logical and pretty interesting.
Old 2007-05-13, 10:02   Link #10
Godly_senselessness

Well,since Ichigo will 4 sure be the one to defeat the Espada it is a given that he's gonna get a huge boost in power.I am willing to bet it comes from his mask.
Old 2007-05-17, 00:14   Link #11
Lenmiaalsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
To be honest I never even payed attention to the marks on the mask I kept overlooking it because I thought it would just stay the same like Ichigo's shinigami clothes. It would be cool if once the mask becomes filled with red lines Ichigo will have access to a new power of some sort.

For a Zanpakuto there is Shikai and then the rare Bankai.
For a Hollow mask you can consider putting the mask on parallel to Shikai because it takes immediate effect by boosting power, If you were to compare a hollow mask to a Zanpakuto you can say there might be a second hollow stage aswell parallel to that of Bankai which can be achieved when (in Ichigos case) the mask becomes filled with lines (Indicating your power).

This seems fairly logical and pretty interesting.
There mite be a second stage since the Hallow Ichigo said "If you want to control my power, then stay alive until the next time i come back"
Closed Thread