4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-10, 10:56   Link #241
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
With all the spoilers I was expecting Mao to die, but now thats he's gone I've been wishing C.C. might have reigned in and brought him to work by her side. It would have been cliche but interesting to have someone working with Lelouch who gets under his nerves but then turns into a playful child when C.C. is present. I can imagine them them fighting over C.C., Lelouche telling misleading truths making it seem he and C.C. have an adult relatinship while Mao makes childlike rebuttals that she only loves him and then runs off to be consoled like a baby by said person.
You're right; It's extremely cliche, and it's also something Lelouch would never ever want. Mao has already caught him by surprise twice, with the second time almost taking her beloved sister's life. I don't see any reason for him to take risks for someone who hates him with a passion and would betray him if he sees it fit. Remember that having Mao around also means that there's always the danger of his true identity being exposed.

Quote:
And I have to agree this was one of the worst episodes, WTF! was with that sad, SAD attack Lelouch made toward Mao. My God it just killed any image I had of him being physically capable of anything strenuous. Imaga brought to mind is what Momoko would actually be like if she wasn't a super-powered martial artist.
One of the worst? Perhaps, but only in the Code Geass history so far, and this episode is already pretty decent. Of course, the reasoning of how Mao survived was absolutely silly, but it also shows that for all his genius, Lelouch is still a human-fallible and susceptible to carelessness, something which he probably made up for in the next episode.

It's weird how some people decide that more screentime should be shown to the person mentioned in the title of the episode immediately. To me, the main attraction of this episode was the fact that we finally get to see Lelouch and Suzaku work together, an irony that stemmed from episode 2 till now, and even gets sweetened with the next episode. So what are we suppose to see from Nunally? Her thoughts of desperation? Her despair, or how she reacts in such a situation? Her thoughts on Suzaku when she realised both of them came? Spare me. If anything, it was at least commendable that she showed courage and steel-like nerves worthy of the noble she was in the past. Perhaps it was within the personality we never got to see, and for me, that was enough, rather than having screentime wasted on needless things.

It has, of course, irked me how Mao did not die or at the very least show signs of terrible discomfort at his near kiss with the Grim. Hell, there's probably a mummy underneath his clothes. While theoretically 'shooting' does not equate to 'killing', it was still strange, because usually if you shoot, you should shoot to kill. It's also unfortunate we did not get to see how Mao escaped or dealt with the police. Another discrepancy.

Still, it was pretty good, keeping me on the edge of my seat. Humor wasn't forgotten as well on the part of Lloyd too. And there was the revelation of Genbu's death at Suzaku's hands as well as his reactions in the flashback as he walked with the Lamperouges through the field of corpses. Nothing less than an 8 for me.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 05:49   Link #242
Retsoor

>> It's weird how some people decide et cetera

Spare me your conjecture based 'spare mes'. No one questions the fact that the title is titled so that Nanally is the one whom the episode revolves on, not necessarily what it concentrates on. However, taking into account all that has happened before this, it was unnecessarily secretive to completely override her feelings concerning why a gun-toting, bomb-wielding, completely off his rocker loonbag is after her precious brother.

Naturally they're going to reveal what she thinks one day, but I'd have preferred more exposition on her thoughts now, especially when the meat of the episode was quite poor to what it could have been.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 06:30   Link #243
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post

Spare me your conjecture based 'spare mes'. No one questions the fact that the title is titled so that Nanally is the one whom the episode revolves on, not necessarily what it concentrates on. However, taking into account all that has happened before this, it was unnecessarily secretive to completely override her feelings concerning why a gun-toting, bomb-wielding, completely off his rocker loonbag is after her precious brother.
You are assuming she actually was able to comprehend everything that happened; she is blind, remember?

This isn't the first time Lulu lied to her. It is similar to that time when he didn't tell her that funny smell she detected while being carried was nearby rotting flesh of dead people, or the "grand house" they were supposedly living in was a derelict storage shed. Lulu is over-protective of her sister, which may or may not be a good thing.

There is a chance Nanally is actually fully aware of her brother's lies, but either way we know she trust her brother in placing her wellbeing first above all.

As for why a gun-toting, bomb-wielding, completely off his rocker loonbag is after her precious brother? I doubt Nanally needed an explanation for that any more than why someone would riddle her mum with bullet-holes. They faked their own deaths, remember?
Old 2007-02-11, 06:43   Link #244
Retsoor

>> You are assuming [...]

I don't think she comprehended everything, because there is no way she could have. Neither do I take her for an idiot who is not able to comprehend anything.

She heard Suzaku, and I don't remember them actively using volume control during their conversation. It isn't impossible though. Lelouch isn't exactly smooth when his sister is in danger though, so I assume if he tried to comfort her with what he knows to be lies she'd know from his voice that she's up shit-creek.

>> Mum riddled with bullets [...] They faked their own deaths

Politics, and exactly. There's really no reason why such a person should be after Lelouch now, unless you take it she assumed it was because of his "gambling", but then, what would that gambling be?

>> There is a chance Nanally is actually fully aware of her brother's lies

It would be nice, that. Less speculation, more exposition. There was a fine chance for it too.
Old 2007-02-11, 07:59   Link #245
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post

Naturally they're going to reveal what she thinks one day, but I'd have preferred more exposition on her thoughts now, especially when the meat of the episode was quite poor to what it could have been.

That was an almost good try at being funny. If you ever were.

As long as this episode shows a different side of Nunally, it's enough. We don't need 'more screentime' just because the title implies that she is the focal point of the episode.

Nunally might not be entirely sure of what's going on, but she can assume, can't she? After the traumatic episode in her earlier days, I suspect she was not in the least surprised. Aside from that, if politics really came into play here, I don't think the successors will take any chances, especially if they actually discovered that Lelouch and Nunally are still alive.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 11:26   Link #246
Retsoor

>> That was an almost good try at being funny. If you ever were.

My good man, I'm only funny when I seem to be funny, otherwise I am perfectly serious.

>> We don't need 'more screentime' just because the title implies that she is the focal point of the episode.

I never did say she was the focal point of the episode, but she was the crux on whom the gears turned. That does not necessitate screentime, and certainly not for its own sake*, but it'd help us understand their relationship better. She is all sunflowers now and we never see her doubts, and while I don't think she wants to burden her brother with her doubts, just one unfinished sentence would have shed a lot of light to her. This, being the first occasion of her getting directly involved in Lelouch's little escapades, or their aftermaths, would have provided a fantastic opportunity for it.

* I wouldn't mind it though. Aaaah, sweet, sweet Nanallyyyy...