AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-13, 12:20   Link #81
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 7

Heh. That was one wacky way to resolve a zombie crisis. Thanks, D. H. Lawrence!

I wonder if all these people changed into animals, mushroom people, plants, zombies, etc, will change back if the 7G disaster is undone? What about the zombies who exploded?
Old 2024-05-13, 18:15   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When it was revealed the zombies' weakness was lewd stuff, I kept thinking the girls should just show their panties. They never figured it out, but the Queen's flashback proved it was a very effective technique. Zombies exploding at the sight of panties is fucking hilarious.
Old 2024-05-13, 20:41   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well perverted zombies that pop off even with that weird song

So those three just grabbing what ever paint the had to paint there faces

Zenjirou proving useful today
Old 2024-05-14, 02:02   Link #84
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Meh. Not that it is worth thinking that hard anyways, but the zombies are obeying her orders because she showed them her panties?
On top of that, it feels like they had that psychopathic fight last week just so one of them will get kidnapped for a couple of episodes? I think there are better ways to find an excuse to have the girls say "ecchi" stuff. I guess maybe they thought just having the girls fight the zombies would be too similar to the mushroom arc

Anyways, zombies were pretty boring and forced. Time to go to the next 90% pointless arc that revolves around something the anime creators just wanted to do

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 02:13   Link #85
Alchemist007
*Author

You should join our team!"
"I'm not prominent enough in the OP/ED, cya."
Old 2024-05-14, 12:41   Link #86
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Meh. Not that it is worth thinking that hard anyways, but the zombies are obeying her orders because she showed them her panties?
On top of that, it feels like they had that psychopathic fight last week just so one of them will get kidnapped for a couple of episodes? I think there are better ways to find an excuse to have the girls say "ecchi" stuff. I guess maybe they thought just having the girls fight the zombies would be too similar to the mushroom arc

Anyways, zombies were pretty boring and forced. Time to go to the next 90% pointless arc that revolves around something the anime creators just wanted to do
"Psychopathic"? You guys seem to love exaggerating things. It was a fight, yes, but it was seriously nowhere near what everyone made it out to be, and as such the simple acknowledgment at the end that she needs to apologize was frankly all that was needed. I still don't get why people made it into some incredibly huge, malicious attack rather than an argument that actually happens fairly regularly between friends who realize their goals in life are likely to pull them apart, or who worry that someone else may be hurt by failure, or any number of other issues.

And while the girls were friendly with one another, it's not like we weren't warned beforehand. Right at the start it showed that Shizuru and Yoka parted on bad terms, that maybe Shizuru even thinks Yoka left on account of her words. Why did everyone react like they expected said argument to be entirely frivolous?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 16:48   Link #87
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I still don't get why people made it into some incredibly huge, malicious attack rather than an argument that actually happens fairly regularly between friends who realize their goals in life are likely to pull them apart, or who worry that someone else may be hurt by failure, or any number of other issues.
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It's common for friends to have the rare instance of fighting or drama, but fights often include some malicious words that are intended in the moment to be hurtful. I wouldn't say that Shizuru was aiming to hurt Yoka, exactly, but she also didn't put much effort into not hurting her. Yoka's goals for the future obviously struck a nerve somehow and she didn't put much effort into softening her words.

I agree that episode 6 wasn't as bad as the others thought, so some might be happy to hear that episode 7 had no friction or interpersonal drama at all. Maybe the entire rest of the series will be devoid of that and 6 was an anomaly.
Old 2024-05-14, 18:05   Link #88
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It's common for friends to have the rare instance of fighting or drama, but fights often include some malicious words that are intended in the moment to be hurtful. I wouldn't say that Shizuru was aiming to hurt Yoka, exactly, but she also didn't put much effort into not hurting her. Yoka's goals for the future obviously struck a nerve somehow and she didn't put much effort into softening her words.

I agree that episode 6 wasn't as bad as the others thought, so some might be happy to hear that episode 7 had no friction or interpersonal drama at all. Maybe the entire rest of the series will be devoid of that and 6 was an anomaly.
I agree there wasn't much consideration. It just strikes me when people go around calling it psychopathic or cruel, or acting like it was so incredibly out of left field that a girl chasing a friend who's shown to have departed angry said something less than friendly to her.
Old 2024-05-18, 17:21   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I agree there wasn't much consideration. It just strikes me when people go around calling it psychopathic or cruel, or acting like it was so incredibly out of left field that a girl chasing a friend who's shown to have departed angry said something less than friendly to her.
On the other hand it strikes me when people come at it from this perspective. It was malicious and cruel. She couldn't have insulted or stomped on Yoka's goals if she tried. She pulled out Yoka's dreams that she was hardly throwing out there unprompted and then insulted her as severely as she could.

What kind of garbage friends do some people have that this would be considered a normal conversation ? There's disagreeing and there's what happened in that flashback. The comparison between Shizuru and an abusive spouse is pretty on point. She's an awful person.

Everyone has to approach things from their own perspective. But yeah, I'm going to consider that an awful and malicious conversation. Because it was.
Old 2024-05-18, 18:07   Link #90
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On the other hand it strikes me when people come at it from this perspective. It was malicious and cruel. She couldn't have insulted or stomped on Yoka's goals if she tried. She pulled out Yoka's dreams that she was hardly throwing out there unprompted and then insulted her as severely as she could.

What kind of garbage friends do some people have that this would be considered a normal conversation ? There's disagreeing and there's what happened in that flashback. The comparison between Shizuru and an abusive spouse is pretty on point. She's an awful person.

Everyone has to approach things from their own perspective. But yeah, I'm going to consider that an awful and malicious conversation. Because it was.
It was inconsiderate, but there wasn't malice, and I don't think I'd go so far as to call it cruel. And in particular I don't think I'd call it something all that strange for a friend to say in that sort of situation. For one thing, it is true that the goal is insanely huge and has a low probability for success. For another, she's afraid that she's going to lose Yoka. Inconsiderate? Yes. Mean? Yes. Cruel, malicious, psychopathic, unforgivable or out of character? I'd say no. If you want to compare her to an "abusive spouse" you'd have to limit that to a spouse who hears their spouse say they're dreaming of leaving and going far away, farther than they could possibly reach, farther than said spouse would possibly be able to reach, and responded with a few harsh words mixing slightly-cynical realism and desperation. Just look at her eyes, they're not expressing any contempt or cruelty, just fear and sadness. It may be a few years away, but her best friend did just say something that she heard as a time limit to their connection.

I'm not saying she was right to say any of that, or that she had a right to. It's obvious she wasn't. But friends have arguments, and when friends go into territories that can be perceived as threatening the future of their friendships, those arguments can hit some bad places. That's not something restricted to "garbage friends", just to friends who got caught up in the moment and went too far. And either way, the thing I find oddest is how people acted like this came completely out of nowhere in a happy-go-lucky story about dear friends, like they forgot that it was a journey through impossible distances with no clue what awaited them in order to reach a friend who got angry enough to up and leave. Neither the departure nor the wild journey make sense unless some very big mistakes were made.
Old 2024-05-20, 08:45   Link #91
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Even before 7G the anime in this world was pretty denpa. Pacing was pretty fast this episode but we now know for sure who the queen is.
Old 2024-05-20, 12:40   Link #92
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I wonder which is the best translation, "Witch Queen" or "Evil Queen". "Ma" means "magic" or "evil". "Jo" means "woman". "Ou" means "King". "Majo" means "Witch" and "Jo-Ou" means "Queen". So "Majo-Ou" would be "Witch King/Queen", but I think "Ma Joou" would be "Evil Queen" or "Demon Queen" (in connection to "Maou" "Demon King").
Old 2024-05-20, 12:45   Link #93
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 8

That was one heck of a weird episode! And yeah... way too fast paced. I'd would have dropped the series a long time ago if they'd all been like this. Hopefully it puts the show in a position to use the last three or four episodes to really dig into and resolve the Yoka and 7G issues.
Old 2024-05-20, 15:44   Link #94
Sides

That was a trippy episode. A bit fast paced, but enjoyable to watch.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-20, 18:16   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show is absolutely bonkers.

The most interesting part of the episode was when they passed through the PTSD station. Akira's flashback implied she let a person drown, and Reimi may have killed a person if her flashback took place after the 7G incident.
Old 2024-05-20, 20:42   Link #96
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a whole town that models them selves after a weird anime where the rules of shogi but dont know how to play the game

Nadeshiko looking good in that cosplay

Zenjirou being helpful by not showing up
Old 2024-05-20, 22:03   Link #97
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This show is absolutely bonkers.

The most interesting part of the episode was when they passed through the PTSD station. Akira's flashback implied she let a person drown, and Reimi may have killed a person if her flashback took place after the 7G incident.
Yeah, I'm curious too. Akira's flashback obviously happened long before the 7G incident since she looks as though she could have been 5 or 6 years old, but Reimi's age is kind of ambiguous. She does look younger (whereas Shizuru looks identical to her current self when fighting with Yoka immediately pre-7G), but not to the point that it's impossible this was post-7G.

And yeah, this is where the show goes from zany but fully understandable to an incomprehensible shitpost. This was about as bizarre as some of Urusei Yatsura's most unhinged episodes. I do find Yoka very charming though. She's normally seen as melancholic but she could be bright and cheerful sometimes apparently.
Old 2024-05-21, 01:51   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

Wild ep, in a good way.
Old 2024-05-21, 21:51   Link #99
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Well, now we know this year's winner of the "What the hell did I just watch?" award.

Historical/literary context - Lewis Carrol's second Alice book, Through the Looking Glass, is set up as a giant "mad chess game," with many of the characters Alice encounters behaving like chess pieces. Alice herself starts as a pawn, crosses the entire board, and becomes a queen.

Speaking of "Alice," I notice a lot of anime and manga and even J-drama using that name, especially when the story has weird fantasy elements. Are they all Lewis Carroll fans or is there some other Japanese cultural significance?
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45   Link #100
Alchemist007
*Author

They are completely bonkers over aforementioned book.