Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-04, 19:18   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That was my understanding. I wonder if there's some kind of special privilege if you get recruited by a successful team.
I feel like the gods wouldn't leave a loophole like that. With the games being non-lethal it would effectively give all of humanity unlimited tries which I don't think is what they are going for. Pushing people to their limits by having a fail state seems to be important.

Honestly with Nel I presume she'd purely be recruited for the team staff. Good for literally running errands too . I suppose there's a chance a specific god might have a "bonus life" reward for a game, but who knows. I'd prefer it if she wasn't able to join the team in the games. Erasing the cost for failing would take the low stakes the show has and create a no stakes situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
To be fair I think they were long gone by the time she kicked the car .

I think Fay probably wants some more autonomy now that he and his team have succeeded on their own, or maybe he doesn't think Dax will take Leshea or Pearl.
Maybe. Would love to get into his head a bit on this one. It just feels a bit weird that before the last game he was desperately trying to get them on a team and now that there's a team...he's suddenly not interested. No offence to Pearl but I don't think adding her was such a monumental shift that it should mean changing gears.

Who knows, maybe in the source material he openly said he wouldn't take the other two. Although I can't imagine he'd have any problem taking Leshea. He may not care that she's a former god, but I'm sure he cares that she's good at games. Pearl...well maybe the show didn't want to rehash people seeing her as dead weight (which she mostly is).
Old 2024-05-04, 23:13   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I feel like the gods wouldn't leave a loophole like that. With the games being non-lethal it would effectively give all of humanity unlimited tries which I don't think is what they are going for. Pushing people to their limits by having a fail state seems to be important.

Honestly with Nel I presume she'd purely be recruited for the team staff. Good for literally running errands too . I suppose there's a chance a specific god might have a "bonus life" reward for a game, but who knows. I'd prefer it if she wasn't able to join the team in the games. Erasing the cost for failing would take the low stakes the show has and create a no stakes situation.
Looking at it another way around, if there's a skilled Apostle who still has the drive to play, it makes sense to give them another opportunity to keep the competition fierce.

Also the OP kind of gives away that she goes with them into the field unless it was a total lie .
Quote:
Maybe. Would love to get into his head a bit on this one. It just feels a bit weird that before the last game he was desperately trying to get them on a team and now that there's a team...he's suddenly not interested. No offence to Pearl but I don't think adding her was such a monumental shift that it should mean changing gears.

Who knows, maybe in the source material he openly said he wouldn't take the other two. Although I can't imagine he'd have any problem taking Leshea. He may not care that she's a former god, but I'm sure he cares that she's good at games. Pearl...well maybe the show didn't want to rehash people seeing her as dead weight (which she mostly is).
To be fair they haven't gotten much help from the other teams they've been paired with so far .

He didn't seem as interested in Leshea...
Old 2024-05-04, 23:50   Link #43
Lex79

There is also the fact that if there is a loophole in the tree losses rule it would greatly lessen the impact of Pearl's backstory. It's possible that Nel is going to be support and not a player, the other guy mentioned he wanted her as an analyst, but I'm not 100% convinced. I hope the next episode will provide some answers.
Old 2024-05-06, 09:31   Link #44
Frontier

Card Game Sugoroku! A VR board game that basically uses Yu-Gi-Oh! mechanics .

Dax isn't alone! He's got Kelritch, a tan and stoic beauty voiced by Miku Ito! No wonder he feels so confident! He's even got tons of fangirls !

Leshea would be the obvious partner for Fay, but Pearl still needs to show off and prove she has what it takes .

That's cute that they get new outfits and transformation sequences for their classes, Pearl's in particular showing off her chest and her under-dressed. It was cute how she was playing with her tail .

Dax and Kelritch are damage dealing wizards and waste no time dealing as much damage to Fay and Pearl as they can, the latter two using less conventional and more healing oriented classes .

Somehow I'm not surprised Pearl is naming her attacks after her, or that Dax would jump into it, even though he basically renames the attack into a totally different attack. How is that thunder when it's just a blizzard? But they're also summoning Ifrit and Shiva from Final Fantasy .

When the chips were really down, Pearl came through! Using all the cards at her disposal, as well as Fay's strategy, she's able to out-manuever Dax and Kelritch and defeat them with a Healing class card !

Dax lost but now he knows Fay is his eternal rival and is all in on that...and he's the ultimate hype-man, especially for his fans. Even so, it's Pearl's winning smile that hits the hardest .
Old 2024-05-06, 13:30   Link #45
Lex79

They should've saved the card game for when they introduced an Egyptian God.
Old 2024-05-13, 09:31   Link #46
Frontier

Leshea is the type of girl who would clean out multiple shops of their games with her unlimited platinum credit card...but Miranda will probably have a lot to complain about when they get back. Pearl for her part is eating as much food as she possibly can, and I imagine it's all going to her chest .

Leshea has fangirls! It turns out when no one knows how many people you've put in the hospital, it's easy to be popular! Even Fay has fangirls, an entire line of them! Pearl...not so much, but she still deserves credit for her effort in the last game .

It's not surprising Dax is popular too, though that he makes so much money just off streams of him eating is...a lot. Also, Kelritch is quick to downplay their relationship and how she feels about him but she's just another fangirl .

The rare sweet scene between Fay and Leshea! Fay is so important to Leshea, she wants him to sign her ribbon! Even Pearl is sensing the vibes between these two .

Did you forget about Nel? Because she's still here, and she wants to be of service to Fay. But as fun as it is to imagine her as a maid (not that Leshea will allow Fay to have one), she doesn't really want to be that OR an analyst...she wants back in the game. But does Fay have a plan to make that happen ?

"I don't even get a miss!?" Pearl, you accused him of being a groper, what do you expect ?

So this time Fay and his team will be working with Dax...and Dax only cares about Fay while the rest of the team is just filler. Feel bad for Camilla, I mean look at her outfit! She's got an exposed bellybutton, hot pants, stockings AND a monocle! That's awesome !

This new game involves a desert area and a Kappei Yamaguchi Meep, and comes down to getting a sun flower up atop a pyramid. All the while trying to keep your flower away from the opposing teams' cute and giant cat plush players and making sure you don't lose the poison flower that will unleash a debilitating debuff to your team !

So Kelritch has an invulnerability power, but what's Dax's Arise? Or Camilla ?

Mathama II! There is no I! He looks pretty intimidating and got strong "boss" vibes. Though Fay and Leshea are drawing his attention by claiming they have the sun flower...and it looks like Uroboros is going to strip off her clothes and join the game in a gamer outfit because she's tired of waiting in the eyecatches .
Old 2024-05-13, 15:12   Link #47
Chosen_Hero

So am I the only one who thinks that the game from last episode was the best one and that the whole series should have focused on it rather than these vapid AF god games? Last episode at least felt like a proper game that not only made sense, but was also fun to watch.

Meanwhile, these god games feel like they need to rely on bs hidden rules to make them interesting, which in turn just makes them even more boring because you already know that Flay will just pull the right answer out of his ass and get praised for it, the fact that the writer felt the need to tell the watcher/readers that the nobodies they are being teamed up with are infact nobodies and should be treated like npc's says a lot about how far the thought process went into these god games.

What's the point of making the main mechanic of your story be a team battle when 95% of the team is just useless filler that exists to get eliminated while the main characters do all the work? At least the sugoroku game from last episode actually felt like it relied on actual teamwork and tactics, please give me more of that and less of this.
Old 2024-05-13, 19:16   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So am I the only one who thinks that the game from last episode was the best one and that the whole series should have focused on it rather than these vapid AF god games? Last episode at least felt like a proper game that not only made sense, but was also fun to watch.

Meanwhile, these god games feel like they need to rely on bs hidden rules to make them interesting, which in turn just makes them even more boring because you already know that Flay will just pull the right answer out of his ass and get praised for it, the fact that the writer felt the need to tell the watcher/readers that the nobodies they are being teamed up with are infact nobodies and should be treated like npc's says a lot about how far the thought process went into these god games.

What's the point of making the main mechanic of your story be a team battle when 95% of the team is just useless filler that exists to get eliminated while the main characters do all the work? At least the sugoroku game from last episode actually felt like it relied on actual teamwork and tactics, please give me more of that and less of this.
I mostly enjoyed the last one because I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan .

This is the one God Game they're playing that doesn't have a rule they're intentionally trying to hide, it seems like all the actual subterfuge is something that you can apply within the actual, on-paper, game rules. So they only really have their wits and powers to rely on here.
Old 2024-05-15, 06:18   Link #49
Lex79

So they brought the Egyptian God, only one episode late.
The card game to me would've been better if it was stated in Advance what kind of carda were available. The way it was handled made me feel the author for each turn just invented a card that put Fay and Pearl in danger and then gave them a suitable counter.
Nel is aware she can't take part in games anymore and wants to be an analyst, but Fay doesn't want her to settle. Either a loophole to revoke her ban does indeed exist, or he has a better position for her in mind.
Old 2024-05-20, 09:33   Link #50
Frontier

The best way to fool your enemies...fool your allies! Which means declaring two of you have the sun flower when nobody, not even the Gods, know the truth !

Those cat golems are all cute...up until there's an army of them coming at you to steal your flowers and beating you up or ripping up your clothes. Again, this is a God's Game, they've never been fair .

Kelritch is very physically fit and capable even without her Arise! Not to mention she's got a boxing license, which just makes her even hotter !

Respect to Camilla for pulling a sacrifice play and using her ice Arise to buy the team more time .

DAX HURRICANE! I feel like Dax and Pearl might really get along because they're the only two who commit to such goofy attack names .

Poor Pearl. Her boobs and bra are on full display to anyone watching this game. Though how did she fix her clothes? Did she just use The Wandering to transfer out a clean outfit ?

Kelrich's feelings for Dax definitely look to be more than just professional the way she took it personally when he got knocked out and was jealous of Dax's focus on Fay .

Leshea with the AoE attack !

Props to Pearl for going straight to Mathama II and trying to steal his flower...even if it was the poison one and stunned her team .

So is Ouroboros just passing through other Gods' domains on her way to find Fay ?

This was a victory clinched with teamwork and subterfuge! Dax carried out his bet with Nell by giving Fay the sunflower, leaving him to give a normal one to Pearl and hide that he hid it, while Leshea basically let herself get caught so Mathama's side got caught by the poison flower just in time for Fay to clinch the victory with a strong punch from Kelritch (that also hurt) !

So the gang won, but where does that leave Nell? She's three wins and three losses, so how does she participate again? By staking the win of one of her future comrades so she can challenge the Bookmaker and reduce her losses! She's totally got this! Except...96 hours later she doesn't got this .
Old 2024-05-20, 12:58   Link #51
Lex79

I was thinking that Fay would find a way to trade losses with Nel, so author could put him in a situation where he's at risk of being eliminated from games without having him lose on screen. Instead, seems like he's going to see his wins reduced instead, meaning there is no risk the series will end in just four more episodes.
Old 2024-05-21, 21:56   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to say it's kind of BS to pull a method like this out of the void when it absolutely should have been mentioned in the first episode along with the rest of the rules. I don't care if people haven't been willing to try it in a while. That's a basic part of the rules and should have been mentioned. Yeah, the author probably only thought about it after the start, but the anime could have fixed that.

Also shouldn't this trigger a huge bit of drama for Pearl? If it's possible to bet people's wins to negate a loss what the heck was she doing retiring before 3 losses!? If she's not using those wins anyways then bet them so that the person that had to retire might be able to keep going she let down could keep going. At the very least I'd expect her former team to accuse her of not wanting to take the risk since without 1 win she presumably can't use her ability outside of the games anymore. But again...probably didn't think about it until this arc .

I was also kind of hoping that Kelritch would hit Fay so hard to get him to the goal that she would actually kill him and his freaking ability might actually come into play in this story . Make the guy unkillable and never actually put that to the test .

Potentially costing Fay one of his wins is fine. At this point he's winning too much and will reach the goal in no time at all. Either have to make him lose sometimes or at least take away his wins to make the story last longer . You'd think letting Fay pick up some losses would be the better choice though. It'd make him a bit more human and actually provide a bit of tension. Instead...can just have him bet away wins when he's on too much of a streak while never having him lose since he's not the one playing these recovery games .

Also wow there's honestly no tension left in this series. Before it seemed possible that Leshea might be forever trapped in the human world if she lost too many times and couldn't keep playing in the games. But now...that's not a concern. Worst case scenario she just has to threaten to blow up a city if someone doesn't spend a win to let her try to decrease her losses . Also in reality Leshea or Fay can just bet their own wins if they ever pick up two (or any really) losses. Leshea especially is guaranteed to get there eventually. She's immortal!

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2024-05-21 at 22:14.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-21, 22:57   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to say it's kind of BS to pull a method like this out of the void when it absolutely should have been mentioned in the first episode along with the rest of the rules. I don't care if people haven't been willing to try it in a while. That's a basic part of the rules and should have been mentioned. Yeah, the author probably only thought about it after the start, but the anime could have fixed that.

Also shouldn't this trigger a huge bit of drama for Pearl? If it's possible to bet people's wins to negate a loss what the heck was she doing retiring before 3 losses!? If she's not using those wins anyways then bet them so that the person that had to retire might be able to keep going she let down could keep going. At the very least I'd expect her former team to accuse her of not wanting to take the risk since without 1 win she presumably can't use her ability outside of the games anymore. But again...probably didn't think about it until this arc .

I was also kind of hoping that Kelritch would hit Fay so hard to get him to the goal that she would actually kill him and his freaking ability might actually come into play in this story . Make the guy unkillable and never actually put that to the test .

Potentially costing Fay one of his wins is fine. At this point he's winning too much and will reach the goal in no time at all. Either have to make him lose sometimes or at least take away his wins to make the story last longer . You'd think letting Fay pick up some losses would be the better choice though. It'd make him a bit more human and actually provide a bit of tension. Instead...can just have him bet away wins when he's on too much of a streak while never having him lose since he's not the one playing these recovery games .

Also wow there's honestly no tension left in this series. Before it seemed possible that Leshea might be forever trapped in the human world if she lost too many times and couldn't keep playing in the games. But now...that's not a concern. Worst case scenario she just has to threaten to blow up a city if someone doesn't spend a win to let her try to decrease her losses . Also in reality Leshea or Fay can just bet their own wins if they ever pick up two (or any really) losses. Leshea especially is guaranteed to get there eventually. She's immortal!
I think this is kind of a special circumstance that most people don't try because the challenge is probably hard enough that you're more liable to earn more losses and lose all your wins than actually gain any or balance yourself out. So it's not something most Apostles could probably pull off so, for the most part, retiring is permanent so the Bookmaker challenge is not worth bringing up or treating like an established thing.