AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-10, 19:57   Link #281
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The girls pretty much hogged the spotlight this week. Emilia, Eleanore, Zeshia, Misa, Sasha, and Misha were all great. I can't bring myself to care much about the three hero students, but they did well. I'm expecting Anos to resurrect everyone, since it's not like their sources were eaten by the dragons.

Sasha and Misha's transformation sequence was nice. Sasha is getting mogged hard by her sister though
The one flaw of a naked transformation sequence .
Old 2024-05-11, 00:27   Link #282
Lex79

Misa had to play the villain for one season but at least got a nice powerup from that.
Old 2024-05-11, 06:23   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Misa had to play the villain for one season but at least got a nice powerup from that.
She was pretty much just a cheerleader during fights in S1 so I'm glad she can fight now. Depending on how much of her power she retained, she might be just behind Anos.
Old 2024-05-11, 13:07   Link #284
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thank goodness the army of ugly CG dragons has been perished . Goodness those were some of the worst looking things ever. Silver Link just didn't care at all .

But hey outside of them the episode was solid. The classic fun of the main cast casually putting to rest every plot that is put against them. Kanon was already ridiculous, but combined with Misa it's just a cheat code . Misa is just stupidly powerful and regardless of the form she's all in on the love train.

Cute little fight for Misha and Sasha. Although now I'm thinking that having a Misa and Misha in the same main cast is actively asking for confusing typos in talking about this show . Despite the claims I think Sasha went through that transformation just fine .
Old 2024-05-11, 13:52   Link #285
Frontier

Quote:
She was pretty much just a cheerleader during fights in S1 so I'm glad she can fight now. Depending on how much of her power she retained, she might be just behind Anos.
Also Avos is more hot .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Thank goodness the army of ugly CG dragons has been perished . Goodness those were some of the worst looking things ever. Silver Link just didn't care at all .
I think it's more just because they have a terrible production schedule, from the sounds of it.
Old 2024-05-11, 20:19   Link #286
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it's more just because they have a terrible production schedule, from the sounds of it.
Probably the case. But those horrible things are definitely going to be a memorable part of this second season. There's no avoiding them.

Hopefully the rest of the season is dragon-less. Have mostly hid troubles from the screen outside of that.
Old 2024-05-11, 21:15   Link #287
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Not really. She's actually MUCH weaker than Anos due to the legends she was based on. None of the stories could truly express just how strong he is. There are people capable of being troublesome to him, but Misa doesn't come close to being on the list. Even in her own villain arc, Nosgalia was the real puppet master behind everything, not Avos.

It's funny how stupid Anos' parents are. His mom thinks the re-coronation at the end of the first cour of season 2 was a school play. He seems to take it in stride. When he first tried to explain he was the reincarnated Demon King from the legends, his father dismissed him as being a chuunibyou.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 17:10   Link #288
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Also Avos is more hot .
Hear hear! I for one always welcome when we get more Dark Misa Avos on screen. It's not just the design but the voice work by the actress as well. Chef's kiss.

Though, tbf, getting some Misha/Sasha service was also nice to see.

Oh wait... There were story events as well? They were fine I guess. Got too distracted by all the hotties kicking ass this week
Old 2024-05-17, 12:04   Link #289
Frontier

I think Anos is as tired of hearing Ahide's voice as the rest of the audience, especially when he's threatening an attack on Anos' kingdom courtesy of Arcana .

But Arcana doesn't want to go through with this. She doesn't want to be the kind of God that kills multiple people by freezing them to death...and good thing Shin is there so she doesn't have to! And she definitely picks a fight she can't win against him, even if she ends up absconding with his word in the process .

So Ahide has gained his strongest, blonde, form, for his final showdown with Anos and the only way to defeat him is a divine sword that cannot be unsheathed lest the user get their existence wiped out. Doesn't mean Anos can't still beat up Ahide without it and craft a logic bomb of how the Almighty can't exist .

And did you really think Anos couldn't kill a man with a sword that can't be unsheathed even by the Almighty? He'll just defy logic and create two separate realities so he CAN unsheathe it and slice Ahide apart, make him realize it was a trick after he's barfed and become a crying mess, and THEn stick him in a nightmare of his "beloved" Gods constantly betraying him !

Arcana does not know her true name but remembers that she wanted to be a better God, a kind God, but in gaining a soul and in trying to be fair and just towards humans without truly understanding their emotions, she committed a grave sin against a father and daughter and one she regrets to this day. So she's happy to find someone more worthy to be a God in Anos, and with that she's ready to erase her own existence .

Oh, Ahide's not done? I guess if he really never had faith in the Gods, that nightmare didn't matter to him. But Arcana rejecting him drives him utterly insane and he leaves cackling like a madman and trying to cling onto what little he has left .

Anos doesn't believe in Gods, at least the perfect sort they portray the Almighty as, but he's willing to believe in a God like Arcana who is willing to own up to her mistakes and try to do better .

For all her efforts, Anos praises Emilia! And is even willing to promote her to the Seven Demon Emperors! But her students still need her, and this is where she needs to be right now, and as such she can just get promoted to being the headmaster !

Zamira was orchestrating everything to become king? Even working with Ahide? Well now he can enjoy the inside of a cell .

It's sweet how Emilia and Anoshu are pals and she wants to see him again, even if it's funny how she still doesn't realize it's Anos. But hey, whatever works for them .

Dang, Anos brought ANOTHER girl home. This time, it's Arcana. Not even Misha and Sasha are straight up living with him at this point! What are his parents going to do? They have to deal with him looking like a legit six-year old now !

What's up with this little girl running away and being saved by a kid looking a little like Anos? The girl looks like Arcana too .
Old 2024-05-17, 13:03   Link #290
Lex79

Did you really think a mere logical paradox would prevent Anos from doing something? The answer is, of course, no.
Do you need a way to find if your oracle is a fraud? Simple, if he gives you a vision of Anos losing he's tricking you, because such a future cannot exist.
Arcana is actually a kind goddess, her problem was being stuck with a moron. Now that she's with Anos she's going to fare much better.
Emilia wasn't a kind demon, but thanks to her punishment she's improved by leaps and bounds and proved worthy of a second chance. But she's up for a big surprise when she'll learn the kid she likes so much is in fact the demon king himself.
Anos' parents never fail to disappoint with their misunderstandings, now they gave to deal with their kid stealing another man's woman and taking her home.
Old 2024-05-17, 16:01   Link #291
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
What's up with this little girl running away and being saved by a kid looking a little like Anos? The girl looks like Arcana too .
The very first scene of the first episode will be my guess..
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-17, 17:43   Link #292
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved Ahide's meltdown, it was the best in the series so far, what with him pointing out that none of what Anos did made any sense.
Old 2024-05-17, 23:15   Link #293
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good episode. I enjoyed the win and how ridiculous it was. Of course Anos would just find a way to make impossibilities possible . He just wins. And honestly that was pretty satisfying since he just found various ways to mess with his opponent.

Credit to Emilia. One of the better character arcs in the show. Started out a true scumbag, but she's pulled through. Now she'll be the kind of headmistress that hero school needs. They should turn things around nicely thanks to her.

And as always Anos' parents are a treat. This show may be goofy and over the top in a lot of ways, but it's just plain enjoyable. Even with horrifying bad CG dragons it's still far better than a few other shows this season.
Old 2024-05-18, 10:46   Link #294
mike21

"I stole her from her previous owner"

You know it sounded like Anos just straight up NTR'd someone.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-18, 17:10   Link #295
Random14

Always nice to check in with the parents as Anos' group just keeps expanding. And nice end for Emilia, its crazy how much she's changed since the first season (well, and the hero academy is in much better shape now). So that's another scumbag broken but still lots of mysteries left.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-18, 18:32   Link #296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
"I stole her from her previous owner"

You know it sounded like Anos just straight up NTR'd someone.
It's not too far off.

Tags
demon king, harem