Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-02-05, 10:13   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Destroy All Of Humanity. It Can't Be Regenerated

So despite the odd title, this particular manga is more down to earth than you'd think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The "youth graffiti" manga centers on two people in the 1990s who play the Magic the Gathering trading card game.
Yes, it's a manga about Magic: The Gathering.

Not particularly into it myself, but I once did play a few rounds of it back when it was first introduced, so there's a tangential connection there are least, even if the actual game itself can be confusing to follow now for me. And unfortunately for me, the manga goes well deep into the meta of MTG, so it can be quite overwhelming at times

On the other hand, the character interactions are easier to swallow, the somewhat cliche story of a CCG otaku/gamer vs the school queen who's a closet MTG player and how their relationship evolves through playing MTG. Nothing too groundbreaking, but still makes me look forward to what happens between them.

Note that this manga started out as a one-shot before getting serialized.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 17:26   Link #2
Wandering Soul

The mangaka is also the same person who wrote Onani Master Kurosawa, so if you were into that, this might be worth checking out.
Old 2019-02-05, 20:16   Link #3
James Rye

I like it so far, only 3 chapters out but the two main characters are lovely to watch with all their flaws and passions.^^
Old 2019-02-05, 22:17   Link #4
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Nice, this manga finally got a thread.

While I do have a vague idea of how Magic: The Gathering is played (I've never actually played it myself), it was quite frankly before my time, so I feel no attachment to it. After all, I'm one of those kids who grew up during the golden age of Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'm reading this specifically for the interactions between the MC and FMC. I really like the dynamic they have and I hope this doesn't become a triangle or square.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 00:22   Link #5
The One Above God
Kamijou

This one's good. I was a bit hesitant to read this when the oneshot came out some time ago, since I don't know shit about Magic, but seeing as Fallen Angels scanlated it, I figured I should at least give it a try. Color me surprised as I really enjoyed it. Thoroughly. It immediately became one of my most looked forward to manga when I found out it's gonna get serialized and now, three chapters in, I'm glad that it's been living up to the oneshot so far.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 15:36   Link #6
James Rye

Chapter 6 was great!
Loved the "battle scenes", loved how Kanou-kun was so happy about his first victory over Gobu-san that he just sat there in shock. Loved how Emi lost her first game just to place 12th aka not top 8 compared to Kanou who ended in 66th place, loved how we now got our first female player friend for Emi and first rival for Kanou who is none the wiser that he is acting way too touchy-touchy with a cute girl. XD
But what I really loved was his bravery to ask Emi for her phone number even though he has no cell yet (man, the old times when cellphones were rare among kids and teens, I remember them well~) and how happily and proudly he stared at it. You earned it, bro, good job! <3 <3 <3
Hope we get to see Yakumo soon enough, she is a real strong player and a good addition to the card playing cast.
Old 2020-01-04, 16:08   Link #7
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I've been behind on a lot of manga lately and I more or less forgot about this one. It's at chapter 13 now and I'm all caught up.

Judging from the FMC's monologues in chapters 8 and 9, it gave the impression that the MC is not alive in the future which saddens me tbh. I really love the dynamic they have and I like how the author handles the progression of their relationship. What saddens me is the implication that they may not get a happy ending.

Then again, I should've seen this coming since this author doesn't go for conventional or purely happy endings. That's what made Onani Master Kurosawa amazing in the first place, so maybe I should just take the same approach with this manga and see where it goes from there.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2020-01-04 at 19:27. Reason: Grammar
Old 2020-01-04, 19:10   Link #8
James Rye

Or he is alive but not together with her. We don't know for sure.
Old 2020-01-04, 19:26   Link #9
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Idk man, if he was alive, she wouldn't need to phrase her monologues that way when thinking about him. Even if they didn't end up together, they could've still remained good friends, so you don't necessarily need to make it sound so somber when you're remembering the time you spent with him.

Chapter 8 monologue:

"Even now,"
"I still remember"
"Those days"
"I spent by your side."

"The world hasn't ended,"
"And I'm still enchanted by the spell you cast on that day."

Chapter 9 monologue:

"The world hasn't ended,"
"And I'm still enchanted by the spell you cast on that day."

"In a world where you're not around..."
"I..."
Old 2024-05-11, 08:56   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Source: https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1786199047558037558

Quote:
Vol. 1 release date is October 8, 2024.
Quote:
List of cards that were promos in the Japanese volumes: Link
It's available for preorder on Barnes & Noble right now: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/des...ise/1144894635