AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-06, 14:18   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Catching up and geeze...is anyone in this world besides Roxy and I guess those orphans anything more than a scumbag? Stoning a grieving child at his family's grave. You know guys...you don't have to give him food or anything right? Is this one of those "humanity is worthless and should just be purged" settings? I took a bit of time between episodes, but I didn't think every human was this worthless.

That village elder was so stupid it actually hurt to keep watching! How has this guy not managed to walk off earlier get killed by insulting some monsters by telling them they are wastes of space? There's stupid and there's painfully stupid. The author could have eased up just a bit while still keeping this guy evil.

Seriously...what the heck? These things are eating everyone. How highly does this guy rate Fate's nutritional value that he thinks dragging out a sacrifice is going to do anything!?

I suppose it at least tried with having some scumbag redeem himself a bit. Though honestly it's more like he's just got a sense of self-preservation which is way more than the idiots around him.

Also since I'm on a roll anyways...what was up with those tactics? You have flying enemies and a bow! Why are they using the scythe here? I know for the audience they want to show off the newest weapon. But...aerial enemies don't require a close range weapon! Even if they can fire attacks that way a bow is still a much better choice here.

At least Myne is cute. Gotta take the wins in this show where possible . And at least she brings a sense of fun to all this.
Old 2023-11-06, 16:37   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Catching up and geeze...is anyone in this world besides Roxy and I guess those orphans anything more than a scumbag? Stoning a grieving child at his family's grave. You know guys...you don't have to give him food or anything right? Is this one of those "humanity is worthless and should just be purged" settings? I took a bit of time between episodes, but I didn't think every human was this worthless.

That village elder was so stupid it actually hurt to keep watching! How has this guy not managed to walk off earlier get killed by insulting some monsters by telling them they are wastes of space? There's stupid and there's painfully stupid. The author could have eased up just a bit while still keeping this guy evil.

Seriously...what the heck? These things are eating everyone. How highly does this guy rate Fate's nutritional value that he thinks dragging out a sacrifice is going to do anything!?

I suppose it at least tried with having some scumbag redeem himself a bit. Though honestly it's more like he's just got a sense of self-preservation which is way more than the idiots around him.

Also since I'm on a roll anyways...what was up with those tactics? You have flying enemies and a bow! Why are they using the scythe here? I know for the audience they want to show off the newest weapon. But...aerial enemies don't require a close range weapon! Even if they can fire attacks that way a bow is still a much better choice here.

At least Myne is cute. Gotta take the wins in this show where possible . And at least she brings a sense of fun to all this.
Well this is a world where people get stuck with the Seven Deadly Sins as skills that basically ruin their lives, so .

I think the idea behind using the scythe was that it would help cut through all their attacks.
Old 2023-11-12, 12:01   Link #63
Frontier

So the reason Myne eats so much is her rage from Wrath makes her burn a bunch of calories? I guess that checks out. Though Fate just HAD to comment on her petite figure despite everything she eats...and making her break the wagon so he'd have to pay for it. Maybe this is the real reason Fate always talks to Greed out loud, he can't keep his mouth shut .

Oh hey, Takehito Koyasu as Aaron Barbatos! A skilled swordsman and Holy Knight who takes a keen interest in Fate and can identity him! Fate has gotten by a lot on the power of Greed, but his actual skills as a swordsman are probably pretty weak, and Aaron is more than willing to train him and house him in the village. Time for Fate to get a bit of a training arc (while Myne chows down) .

I gotta be honest, Myne looked pretty cute with those cat whiskers .

Well, yeah, ominous castle with a monster presence is always a bad sign, and it was Aaron's castle that fell to a lich lord while he was away on a monster slaying expedition and costing him his wife and son. Said son looking enough like Fate that Aaron probably felt immediate kinship to Fate. But Fate needs to consume monsters for Gluttony, so it's the perfect chance to kill two birds with one stone .

Oh jeez, the thing is using the corpses of Aaron family and everyone in the castle to throw him off his game and kill him. We've got his wife Diana voiced by Aya Endo and his son Luke voiced by Takehito Koyasu's actual son Koki. But even Aaron can tell that something is off with them, and while the circumstances aren't ideal, he does seem to enjoy getting to finally cross swords with his son and see how far he came as a swordsman .

Good to know for future reference that any souls Greed consumes don't pass on to the afterlife and are stuck with him. Considering Fate only really kills people who have it coming, it works out in the end .

Fate finally gets to use the Holy Knight abilities he gained for good as he and Aaron use a mutual Grand Cross to slay the Lich Lord! And in doing so they free the souls trapped in the castle and let Aaron see his family one last time. He has so many regrets, but his family never hated him for his choices and appreciate that he saved them, and they're able to see each other off with love...thanks to Fate finishing off the Lich Lord before it could ruin the moment .

So we get more details about Myne. She has no taste (from Wrath?), she's apparently lived for a really long time and is functionally immortal, though maybe more like a ghost carrying on for one reason or another. And it also sounds like she's trying to earn money to rebuild her village ?

What would Aaron want to tell Fate? Is it something about the Sin skills ?

The Vlarick siblings have gained a Philosopher's Stone but also found out that Hado is dead...and now they have a grudge to settle with Corpse, AKA Fate !
Old 2023-11-12, 18:35   Link #64
Dj0rel
True Believer

The way things are going it seems like they are planing to end the season at Volume 4. Which is something I can agree with since Vol.4 has a much better place to end the season then Vol.3. On the other hand, everything feels very much rushed.
Old 2023-11-19, 11:59   Link #65
Frontier

Fate and Myne are repeating the same joke from last episode, but it's clear that the bond between them has deepened. I mean, Myne is giving him food, headpats, and even sleeping on his lap! For her that's a lot !

It's funny how Roxy was like right behind Fate this whole time. She even gets to meet Aaron! Who was close to her parents! And even named her! And while he can't tell her about Fate, the least he can do is train her too. Hopefully that serves Roxy well in the future .

So were these Chimera's that Galia developed what did them in? I mean, experimenting and creating monster superweapons NEVER ends well, and it seems like there used to be far more Chimera's before they were destroyed. Just leaving this one egg .

I didn't expect the hot naked chick or the Mecha monster with angel wings. It was like discount RahXephon! And it's monstrous power and self-healing made it a formidable opponent for both Fate and Myne !

Nice fastball special from Myne! We even got Fate finishing this flashy with a two-pronged scythe finisher !

So is the flashback from the girl meant to convey that Galia was experimenting on kids with the Seven Deadly Sin skills to turn them into Chimera's like this girl? And Myne is the only survivor? She lives on so she can make a village for people like them so they no longer suffer ?

Fate and Myne definitely seem a lot closer, which is a tad bittersweet as they finally part from each other on their respective journies. But Fate trusts Myne to slay him if he ever loses control and Myne cares enough about him to hug him and agree to it. Hopefully that day never comes .

And Fate got Greed's shield form out of this! Though Myne thinks he wasted so much stats he's probably doomed, poor guy .

Oh hey, Fate made it to Babylon just in time to see Roxy! Will they finally meet in his alter ego? We've even got that blonde knight guy from the OP and the blue-haired girl...who is planning to kill Roxy!? Or maybe she just knows Roxy is going to die there? Does she know Roxy personally? Either way, Fate looks like he has his work cut out for him .

"The guardian of Lust" - Okay, so blue-haired girl is definitely either has the Sin Skill of Lust or has the Lust weapon .
Old 2023-11-26, 12:01   Link #66
Frontier

There's quite the colorful cast of characters in Bablyon, which means Fate fits in well as Corpse .

Northern Alistair feels like the male equivalent of Roxy, he even served with her dad. Though if Miria is so upset at how chummy they look together, she'd hate seeing how Roxy gets whenever she's around Fate .

Living in Babylon isn't cheap! Nor is treating Greed to a new scabbard! So Fate has to do his usual of killing monsters to make a living, but while it's first-come-first-served when it comes to slaying monsters in Galia (a place so dangerous it even has poisonous moss hanging in there), Greed's shield form is the perfect offense and defense for slaying tons of Orcs. And a great demonstration of Fate's new sense of control and skill courtesy of Aaron's training .

Oh hey, acute guild girl! A must for this kind of show! Though the other ruffians in the establishment are a little less nice, though Fate makes short work of them. Even smacks one dude with a bag of goblin ears while also hitting him in the balls! I almost felt bad for him heh:.

Oh snap! Roxy investigates the disturbance and meets Corpse for the first time! Though thankfully Roxy is reasonable enough to give Corpse a pass knowing he was acting in self-defense, so he avoids a night in a cell like the other dudes, though Fate can barely keep up the act around Roxy. At least Roxy didn't come out of this encounter disliking or suspecting his alter ego. Miria, on the other hand ...

Fate's god a good deal going with Jade, complete with a new outfit and scabbard for Greed! Kirito would blush at how well Fate pulls off the Black Swordsman look! Although while Jade appreciates Corpse advertising his wares in battle...he still has to pay for them. Just at a good discount .

What are all these guys hanging around a pub for? Not the good food or drink but the busty beauty in a short skirt with thighs to die for known as Eris (voiced by Hitomi Sekine!). Not only is she a beauty but she's also the Deadly Sin Skill Wielder of Lust, a skill that makes everyone fall in love with her, and she's set her eyes on Fate .

Eris seems to have some kind of omniscience knowing everything Fate has experienced and what is in store in the future, and she even knows about Myne, Haniel, and the other Chimera's still waiting to be let loose. Also apparently she and Myne don't get along because of the generational gap in their Sin Skills and also because Eris has bigger boobs. And considering Fate (and the camera) can barely keep their eyes off of said boobs, I'm not surprised .

Though Eris' real priority is ensuring the safety and prosperity of "The Kingdom," even if that means sacrificing Roxy and turning the remaining good will towards the Holy Kight that rests with her into resentment that will brew a warrior on the level of a Crowned Beast to benefit The Kingdom. And it seems like Eris has already plotted out Roxy's death. But no way is Fate going to let that happen without a fight !
Old 2023-11-26, 13:17   Link #67
scififan

Even he uses same voice, he covers his identity with a small mask. Maybe he can try out a glasses next time.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 21:35   Link #68
prophet

Honestly, been a fan of the show. I will say that some of the progression has been rather.. interesting. Not much was accomplished in the most recent ep but honestly still a big fan regardless. Not surprising to see Lust as tsundere in a way but still a big fan.
Old 2023-11-26, 23:43   Link #69
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Even he uses same voice, he covers his identity with a small mask. Maybe he can try out a glasses next time.
The mask apparently has a perception field, it might effect his voice too.
Old 2023-11-29, 14:44   Link #70
Dj0rel
True Believer

The adaptation caused a bit of a plot hole here. Namely Roxy should have recognized the name Corpse because she heard of it before in episode 3. That's because the anime changed the real reason she wanted to do an "Inspection". In the anime she specifically went out to learn more about that "Corpse the Leach" that was killing all the goblins.

Spoiler for LN:
Old 2023-12-01, 09:31   Link #71
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-12-01, 10:12   Link #72
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Interesting that the Megami pinups are emphasising the fabservice aspect, despite the novels and manga not really using said aspect very much or blatantly.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 17:43   Link #73
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Eris living up to her sin .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Interesting that the Megami pinups are emphasising the fabservice aspect, despite the novels and manga not really using said aspect very much or blatantly.
Maybe not blatantly but we did have Myne in her underwear and they had all the best angles on Eris .
Old 2023-12-01, 18:50   Link #74
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Interesting that the Megami pinups are emphasizing the fanservice aspect, despite the novels and manga not really using said aspect very much or blatantly.
That's exactly why I appreciate them more. Nice to see what we're not usually shown.
Old 2023-12-03, 11:59   Link #75
Frontier

Roxy and her team have to head to Galia to rescue a stranded squad? What perfect timing! Fate needs to head to Galia to get magic crystals for Greed's scabbard he won't shut up about !

Is there anything more satisfying than bashing a bunch of Orc's with your shield ?

Salamander stampede? Roxy's squad is in dire straits! And a perfect chance for Corpse to show up and save her! And luckily Roxy is far more gatefuly for his help than Miria, even though she's the one who screwed up and nearly got them all killed .

I feel like if Fate had read Roxy's mind she probably would've been thinking "this Corpse person is very mysterious yet also very noble...and he reminds me of Fate. I hope he's doing well." Or it would've been just her thinking about Fate, though that would've still been kind of embarrassing for him .

What was up with that dream!? It's like the white-haired girl in Haniel was trying to communicate with Fate but then it turns into a nightmare where Fate is consumed by all the people and monster he's killed. Is this trying to warn him of the consequences of the Gluttony Skill ?

So was Eris controlling the salamanders and the Chimera's to kill Roxy? Is that why she was there? Does her Sin Skill let her control monsters with that mark ?

Well, good thing these three Chimera aren't as strong as Haniel, and it's a perfect chance for Corpse and Roxy to finally team-up! Kind of gave me Kirito and Asuna vibes, especially as they took down two of the beasts together. Heck, even Miria was finally useful !

Darn, just as they're about to finish off the last one the ground collapses beneath them! Though it's the perfect excuse for Fate to embrace Roxy as they fall...and good thing he woke up before she did and got his mask on in time, though Roxy already gets Fate vibes from Corpse the more she spends around him. She even dreams of Fate in her sleep. But it was nice to see them just relax and enjoy each others' company even if Roxy isn't aware of Fate's true identity, but the feelings are true .

Of course what better moment killer than the Gluttony Skill acting up? Good thing the Chimera showed up for Fate to solo and satiate his hunger, especially so he didn't turn it against Roxy like he's terrified he will .

I love how Fate ends up stumbling into magic crystals that he probably would never have found not knowing they're borne from fossilized monster corpses. Even Roxy knew that .

Mission accomplished! Both Roxy's and Fate's! And Roxy is safe! Though is that blonde guy in the skull mask Eris' last attempt to kill Roxy? Is he like some kind of evil version of Fate ?
Old 2023-12-04, 16:35   Link #76
Lex79

OK, it's official, I hate Miria.
Old 2023-12-04, 22:21   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

They've struck black gold.
Old 2023-12-04, 23:02   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
OK, it's official, I hate Miria.
You and practically everyone .
Old 2023-12-05, 06:47   Link #79
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You and practically everyone .
Luckily,
Spoiler for post LNv4:
Old 2023-12-10, 12:04   Link #80
Frontier

Dang, things were going so well between Roxy and Corpse, and now they're engaging in a duel!? Over all the fights people keep picking with Corpse? That seems unfair. Though it seems like Roxy just needed an excuse to engage with Corpse and recruit him, but he's too much of a solo agent. And thus, a duel. Fate and Greed needed an excuse to show off their new scabbard anyway .

Roxy is definitely powerful and skilled, her speed and Holy Knight strength is enough to put Fate on the defensive, but luckily Fate has his own Holy Knight skill he can empower Greed with to overpower her...and he would have won had he not seen the gem he got Roxy hanging over her neck .

Despite winning, Roxy just wants to help Corpse, but Fate can't let himself get too close to her here .

Oh, so Mugan's daughter is Raine, the scientist lady who wanted to study the Seven Deadly Sin weapons? What a small world. Though it sounds like the Vlerick siblings are going a little crazy with Hado's death and the philosopher's stone .

A Death March? Well, that's not too abnormal, but the underground giant slime monster is, and Fate's not about to let Roxy get caught unawares by it .

It takes Fate's strongest attacks just to hit that thing in it's core, especially when it uses strategies a normal monster wouldn't even think of, but that's because it's being commanded by someone else. A masked warrior like Fate using a Gunblade (because this setting hasn't missed a step on every cool weapon you could think of) that that's the Sin Weapon of Envy !

I know he had a concealing mask that alters peoples' perception...but there was no way that was Eris. it was very distinctly a dude, Fate :rolleyes2:.

Unlike Fate this warrior has already reached the Domain of E, apparently a super-powerful state for individuals using the Seven Deadly Sins skills, though Fate's desire to protect Roxy finally lets him unlock it himself .

Northern! I knew you were shady! Although what does he mean by "half-right?" Is that not really Northern but like his twin or something? Split-personality? He was never really Northern to begin with? Though the more pressing issue is he's seemingly working with Eris and just summoned the Divine Dragon to kill Roxy !

Roxy is face-to-face with the thing that killed her father and she's powerless to do anything...but luckily Corpse showed up just in time to tank the blast from the Divine Dragon and save her, but also losing his mask in the process. And now Fate and Roxy are finally properly reunited on the battlefield .