AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-27, 20:27   Link #161
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the thing that especially suffered was the art consistency. I am actually a bit curious if any of it gets cleaned up for the Blu-Rays, as some parts of some episodes in particular were very off-model. There were certainly scenes that looked pretty good (and they put particular effort in the shots that were reproducing LN illustrations), but yeah -- it was kind of all over the map.
Also had probably one of the more low effort OP of the season. I mean, I kind of get what they were going for and I like the song (even if beyond the lyrics I'm not sure it fit this kind of romcom), but the animation..
Old 2023-03-27, 23:06   Link #162
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also had probably one of the more low effort OP of the season. I mean, I kind of get what they were going for and I like the song (even if beyond the lyrics I'm not sure it fit this kind of romcom), but the animation..
Yeah, I commented on this earlier too. There were some parts in the OP that dwelled too long on stills, and it kinds of sticks out in a weird way. But I'm honestly not too sure that the issue here was the "budget" as much as it was the storyboard. And yeah tonally it was a bit weird at first... although actually the music composers created a pretty tasteful arrangement of it to accent key scenes in the rest of the content, so I think on the whole they made it work.

Interestingly, in a lot of cases the OP storyboarding is done by the anime's overall director, but in this case it seems to have been done entirely by someone else and animated by Studio Massket and One Order. This person doesn't seem to have any other known anime credits at the moment. And besides that, the overall director for the anime also doesn't seem to have any other known anime credits (that I can find at least). It'd be pretty unusual to bring in complete newbies to direct an anime series, so I wonder if they're just operating under an alias (or were using an alias before).
Old 2023-03-30, 07:21   Link #163
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 14:35.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-30, 10:33   Link #164
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Mahiru wouldn't like being compared to a doll...but the comparison is apt .
Old 2023-05-31, 08:42   Link #165
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...389315/.198624

I think we’ll get another season
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 10:35   Link #166
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'd be totally down for it .

I mean, we got two seasons of Tomozaki-kun after all .
Old 2023-05-31, 19:15   Link #167
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Interestingly, it was number one when measured by series, but didn't make the top-10 by individual volume, so I guess that means that the entire series got a big sales bump from the anime and people decided to buy the whole set -- which definitely suggests that the anime accomplished one of its marketing goals. I guess the question is whether they figure a second season will bring another jump, but I suppose this still makes it a safer bet than unknown options.
Old 2023-06-01, 01:18   Link #168
AP24

Before the anime aired most volumes already sold above 30k. The anime caused an increase sales of 40k per volume average. So the average sales per volume should be above 70k now, and Vol 1 is probably close to 100k now. In addition this is just physical book sales. This series is already in the best-selling LN tier.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-08, 06:41   Link #169
scififan

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 19:05   Link #170
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I'm honestly a tiny bit surprised that they decided to do this, as the "confession as a climax" is a very comfortable point for them to stop as an anime, but this is great. The novel series has not yet ended in Japan (it's up to vol 8.5; last anime covered until 4), but I wonder how long the author is really planning to continue it. In any case, something to look forward to!

For people who want to discuss further, here's the thread for the second season:
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=159615

(I should have posted this there... )