AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-28, 01:42   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder if the brother character is going to be less imposing than he first appears to be.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-08-30, 13:27   Link #42
Frontier

It's all well and good to be meeting Hazelita's older brother Giselbert...but how can Cecilia focus on that when she just got to hear her name from Lawren's mouth and get a tight embrace in the process? She's barely holding herself together !

I can't say I'm surprised Giselbert is a total brocon, but it explains a lot about Hazelita's attitude towards him. She even batted his hand away when they were kids. I almost feel bad for the guy .

Well, I'm glad Giselbert and Lawren were able to get over the initial tension and enjoy a drink together. Giselbert seems surprisingly sharp about people, either when it comes to his sister, Abel, or even Lawren and Cecilia. Although now I'm kind of wondering just how chaotic drunk Cecilia would be .

Nice job Hazelita! Pushing Lawren and Cecilia into what's basically a date as they stroll through the town! Lawren even buys her a necklace and puts it around her himself! Not to mention Lawren's promising to work on calling Cecilia by her name. He better have that down by the time they're officially a couple !

Nothing says the city quite like a burger! And Cecilia eating a burger is surprisingly cute .

I see the last bit of Divine Protection from the Lady Saint Frederica is so powerful it even affects Lawren when he passes by her garden. I guess that's the true power of a Lady Saint, even in death .

We get the expanded backstory of Frederica and the siblings, the most interesting revelation being that Giselbert and Frederica had feelings for each other, which just made things even more complicated because he could only do so much for her along with his sister when they saw the abusive situation she was stuck in. The most he was able to accomplish was sending a message to the Great Lady Saint to get Frederica to safety, but it was too late .

And it turns out he even tried to elope with her, numerous times, but Frederica just couldn't abandon the people as a Lady Saint and she couldn't just abandon Hazelita along with Gil, as much as she probably would've been with him if she could. But the siblings meant so much to her that for the rest of their lives they'll have her Divine Protection, her last gift to them for being there for her when no one else was, and at least Frederica had Gil like Cecilia has Lawren. Nothing makes being a Lady Saint more bearable than having the one you love by your side .
Old 2023-08-30, 17:26   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh damn. So Hazelita's brother had something going on with Frederica...That just makes the tragedy dig even deeper. This was someone that could have easily become Hazelita's actual sister. Could imagine that Gil diverted his focus to taking care of his sister after Frederica's tragedy. Since...the girl he was closest to is no longer with them.

The Great Sage might have stepped in. But it was far too late by that point. Not that it's necessarily her fault, could only act after she got the report. But it's just unfortunate. The stupidity of people killed a good person that shouldn't have had to die.

Giselbert did the most that he could. I can't see his shame or regrets truly leaving. The message from Cecilia is nice, but it just tells him things he mostly already knew. That she was far too selfless for her own good. Truly Giselbert did everything he possibly could. But the real regrets come from the fact that all he could do wasn't quite enough. Couldn't get action taken in time, couldn't take her away himself, and the tragic end was the result of it all.

I'm sure her efforts even after death will keep those siblings as safe as they can be. Which is a good thing to be sure. But I don't see Gilbert ever really moving on. Focusing on managing his family's assets and looking after his sister will just be how he can use up his life.

Honestly I wonder how much of the siscon attitude from him is legitimate? Part of me thinks he just plays into that as an excuse to not get involved with any other women. Of course I'm sure his sister is precious to him. She suffered about as much as he did. But I doubt he's that obsessed with her. It's just a good way to fulfill Frederica's dying wishes and avoid the uncomfortable fate of getting involved with someone else after losing his true love.
Old 2023-08-30, 18:39   Link #44
grecefar

yeah, frederica's tale is more sadder now with gil in the mix. At least that family was dealt with.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-05, 00:34   Link #45
Alchemist007
*Author

Frederica's family sound like anti-vaxxers.
Old 2023-09-07, 14:59   Link #46
grecefar

nice chapter, we got to know that after the incident with frederica, the great lady saint tasked gil to see if there are others lady saints suffering the same so they can act quickly.

sad tha hazelita and abel didn't go back with them but at least they are going to visit and if hazelita passes her tests they can be together.
Old 2023-09-07, 23:12   Link #47
Frontier

Pleasant garden stroll with Cecilia and Lawrence! A little less pleasant with Giselbert burning all of the marriage proposals for Hazelita (no wonder she’s popular), but the family maid won’t let him make the garden his own personal pyre for his sisters’ would-be-suitors .

Giselbert sees himself and Frederica in Lawrence and Cecilia, so he opens up to them and they finally reveal to Lawren about the true power of a Saint’s divine protection…though Cecilia Killer that he is, Lawren is still oblivious to the special feelings behind Cecilia’s divine protection for him. At least he’s working on treating her more like a girl than a Lady Saint !

The way they keep taking about the Great Lady Saint, I keep expecting we’re going to meet her at some point. Though it makes sense that Giselbert is still working to make sure that Lady Saints are being treated well worldwide. I only wish Hazelita knew how far her brother was going to make sure what happened to Frederica never happens again .

Fancy parties! Perfect for fine dining and getting everyone dressed up! Especially the ladies in their fancy dresses! Hazelita in a classy red dress and hair bun and Cecilia in that gorgeous dress and fluffy hair! Lawren actually called her beautiful! She can’t believe it !!!

Time for some girl talk with Camilla! Catching Hazelita up on the slow progress of Cecilia and Lawren and also confirming how much Cecilia loves Lawren…she loves everything about him, but most of all how he’s saved her so many times. Sure it sucks that nothing has happened in all the time they’ve been living together, but Cecilia has to believe that Lawren will recognize her feelings eventually! Even Camilla thinks Cecilia is too cute !

Hazelita is staying!? Oh, and Abel too. But Hazelita!? Who will play wingwoman for Cecilia?! But Hazelita doesn’t want to leave her friend either, and wants to stay true to her desire to keep Lady Saints happy. And her brother acknowledges her resolve by challenging her in her studies so she can excel and return to the village! Provided Abel actually chips in on tutoring her !

A sleepless night is worth it to sleep on Lawren on the train ride back! And Lawren can’t keep denying Cecilia’s cuteness !
Old 2023-09-08, 11:31   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I love how all the drama is about Hazelita staying, but everyone's like "eh whatever" about Abel . Fair enough that you could see him sneaking off to crash at the church every now and then regardless .

No question that it'll be nice when Hazelita realizes how much her brother has been doing. But I'm sure she will. Mostly because that's the kind of path she wants to walk anyways. Actively supporting and protecting the Saints so that further tragedies don't happen.

I have to think the tragedy of Frederica was a wakeup call for the Great Saint. I'm sure tragedies like that have happened in the past, but good chance it's under reported. Lot of deaths might be chalked up to bad fortune rather than stupid people. Having agents like Giselbert out in the world is probably doing a lot of good.

Just loved that emotional scene when Cecilia realized her friend wasn't going back with her. Definitely a moment that helped push things towards the happier end result. Even if forever isn't an option, there is room for Hazelita to be a bit more selfish for a while. All the more so if she can prove that she hasn't slacked off. Plus her brother is used to beating away suitors so she's good there for a while longer . I agree that few nobles in that town are likely to be worthy of her anyways. She is a gorgeous girl though so I'm not surprised people are after her when combined with her social status.

Good episode. I liked the last little bit showing Hazelita working her rear off ahead of the tests. And then making sure Abel would get off the couch and help her get ready .
Old 2023-09-13, 12:45   Link #49
Frontier

Cecilia and Lawrence are back at the church and by themselves! It's business as usual for the busy Lawren, and Cecilia is back to being her lazy, cute, self as she relaxes...and maybe relaxes a bit too much .

With Hazelita and Abel gone, it really hits Cecilia now that it's just her and Lawren alone again. Isn't it kind of amazing that she's been able to live with her crush so long with no problems!? Although that's kind of because of how oblivious Lawren is .

Cecilia feels emboldened now to spend as much time with Lawren as she can, though with Hazelita gone, it really puts it into perspective that Lawren works so much that she doesn't really have a chance to get as intimate with him as she'd like. Although I love how Lawren has Hazelita in the back of his mind guilt-tripping him about doing right by Cecilia .

A little late-night accident leading to some late-night bonding time with Cecilia and Lawren is exactly what she was asking for! So much so that she wants to make the most of the time they now have together! Though she wasn't counting on the classic romcom moment of the two of them landing on top of each other on the sofa. It was a bit too much for Cecilia, but it's also got Lawren blushing hard !

Now the two are super self-conscious around each other and not sure what to do around one another, and it's effecting their work. Poor Lawren is bumping into everything in a daze and Cecilia is straight up running away from him !

Somehow I'm not surprised Mell is counting on the charity of the church when she's hungry and broke, though not without also commenting on how dense Lawren is to Cecilia's feelings despite knowing full well about romance and relationships. Especially with how easy it is to read Cecilia's feelings .

Of course Cecilia can't abide by Lawren thinking she might hate him and wears her heart on her sleeve as she faces him. It would be the perfect time to confess...if she could actually vocalize her feelings, but she can't. Though asking Lawren to take care of her in the future is probably the best she can do at this point .

Hazelita has returned! And she immediately wants the deets on what's happened between Cecilia and Lawren in her absence! Though this time she and Abel aren't going to be living with them, since Hazelita wants to live on her own terms rather than Lawren's charity, so things aren't quite the same for the prospective lovebirds .

I love how Cecilia is so adorably committed to helping carry the luggage so they just give her a cactus !

Hazelita may not have a talent for interior design, but at least she probably has better sense than Lawren. Though despite herself you just can't beat a meal cooked by Lawren so they still end up going back there like the old days .
Old 2023-09-13, 20:26   Link #50
grecefar

they were back pretty quickly and I'm glad.
Old 2023-09-15, 20:21   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Even I had to feel bad for Lawrence in part of this episode. Nothing dense about being baffled at Cecilia's behavior. I get she was fired up to the extreme, but constantly sprinting off just sends bad messages. And if she can't handle that close call...I'm not sure what to say about the future.

At least there is small progress going on between them. Still a ways to go, but will take every bit I can get there .

I do get Hazelita wanting to draw a line. Although I don't think she had to feel that bad about the work Lawrence was putting in. But I get it. Might be for the best anyways. More chances for some progress with Lawrence and Cecilia with some distance being there. At least Hazelita and Abel are back and will obviously be around a lot regardless.
Old 2023-09-20, 12:31   Link #52
Frontier

The only thing cuter than a drowsy Cecilia still waking up in the morning is seeing how precious she lays everything Lawren gave her in her room...and Lawren being much more self-conscious around our favorite Lady Saint .

Yeah, fat chance of Abel sleeping in when he's sleeping next door to Hazelita. Of course it's also in-character for him to just want to let things progress naturally for Lawren and Cecilia, but that might also mean a possible 10-year will-they-or-won't-they dynamic...which I guess is fine if it means they're still together, but I don't think Cecilia could wait that long .

But hey, at least Lawren is trying his best! Especially when it comes to saying Cecilia's name! Though the dude is still so dense that he thinks she's rather have scones than have the guy whom she loves call her by name. Well, okay, she loves the scones too .

Finally a flashback to how they first met! Lawren a pastor living in the village, Cecilia a lone Saint helplessly trying to get a bridge destroyed to save the village from being flooded even if no one would believe her...but through Lawren's research he's able to figure out she's a Lady Saint and be there for her when she's on her last legs, and together they saved the village! No wonder they didn't want Cecilia to ever leave !

No better way to avoid the Winter breeze than by cozying up in an attic under the starlight, eh Cecilia ?

It's sweet that Lawren wants to know more about Cecilia's backstory, and I have a feeling it's not because she's a Lady Saint but because he sees her more as a girl now .

So Lady Saints gain their first Divine Revelation when they're young and are filled with an unending love of both the world and it's people. That does explain a lot. I'd love to learn more about Lady Saints and how they work .

Cecilia actually had a lot in common with Lawren. She didn't have parents, was raised by her grandmother (who knew she was a Lady Saint), but was basically all alone when their grandparent passed. It wasn't until she found Lawren and he believed in her, and helped others believe in her (through his grandfather's influence) that she finally felt like she belonged again somewhere. And it seems like she was immediately smitten with Lawren the moment he called her "Lady Saint" .

Sleepy Cecilia is surprisingly flirty! Nestling in on Lawren's shoulder and even bringing his hand to her cheek! Though it seems like Lawren is realizing that his desire to be with the Lady Saint forever is more than just a cure for his loneliness...he seems to be realizing his own love for her !
Old 2023-09-20, 17:43   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

There is a fine line between necessary pestering and too much. At the start of the show there was definitely need for pestering. And the introduction of...well mostly Hazelita helped things move along the way they should. Easy for things to fall into a stable pattern. But once change was introduced then there was potential for improvement.

And we're seeing that here. Not much pestering is needed now since the dense dam of Lawrence's mind has finally been jostled enough. Now it's just a matter of time before Lawrence puts it together. Ideally that'd be in the final episode, but that might be asking for too much.

Funny how Lawrence leaned on the words of his grandfather since he could have also just used the actual evidence he gathered. But the emotional appeal was probably easier. Just kind of funny how even Lawrence needed proof before he could believe in Cecilia. Still, he did care enough to look into it.

On the positive side, Saints are a huge boon to that world. Though it's definitely a bit...iffy how they seem to work. I mean imprinting and injecting a powerful love for people and the world into a child's mind that can't even process the world around them yet seems...shady. Couldn't God give revelations to already good people that already had a positive outlook on the world? A bit too bad as well that revelations are given out to put Saints on the path to help people, but it doesn't appear like those revelations are directed to protect the Saints themselves. Thus the whole tragedy we saw earlier in the show.

Still, good for Cecilia here. She didn't have to be left with regret upon seeing a village perish that could have been saved. Plus she met a good person that would change her life forever. Looking good in terms of her future happiness.
Old 2023-09-20, 18:24   Link #54
grecefar

it was nice to know how they met. Next chapter is the last and I think the major progress is going to be lawren finally calling cecilia by her name.
Old 2023-09-27, 12:28   Link #55
Frontier

Fitting for a finale to have Lawrence and Cecilia visiting Rebecca and Eric! And Eric is as blunt and straight-to-the-point as ever, particularly when it comes to trying to understand Lawren and Cecilia's relationship. Are they "Family?" I guess that's not wrong in a sense, though it depends how you look at it .

"The lady saint looks good in anything" - I mean, he IS deflecting, but he's also not wrong .

I'm glad we got some great Mell content in this episode as she teases Lawren about being "family" with Lawren and how he's such a dense Pastor, along with Cecilia being jealous of Lawren getting so chummy with another woman .

Well, yeah, by Cecilia's definition they are "family" but when she thinks of being a family with Lawren she thinks of being his wife. Even Hazelita's concerned she's going to somehow get family-zoned if they're not careful .

Eric really was about to give the game away until Mell shut him up. I mean, Cecilia and Lawren's feelings for each other are incredibly obvious, but I guess I can see the point that there's no value in revealing it to them if they themselves don't realize and express their feelings for each other on their own terms .

A little somber but sweet moment of Giselbert visiting Frederica's grave and her watching after him in spirit form .

I guess all along Lawren was looking for a cure for his loneliness after losing his grandfather and meeting Cecilia has given him a treasured companion he can't live it out. If only he could just put those feelings into better words !

I'm glad Hazelita taught Lawren the power of tight, romantic, embraces. All the better in the location with the best view of the Winter Market lights! I'm kind of amazed Lawren went all out on that one. Best part is when Cecilia did it herself and Lawren couldn't handle it !

Man, even a little girl can tell the obvious between Lawren and Cecilia. What's Lawren's excuse for being so dense? Ah well, at least they're happy together .
Old 2023-09-27, 17:52   Link #56
grecefar

7/10 nice fluffy romance but lawrence became unbearable most of the time.
Old 2023-09-28, 01:38   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-02, 00:38   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

Cute fantasy 'religious' couple that refuse to admit their feelings and their daily life. I liked the friends too, I guess Hazelita just didn't want to cockblock but they might as well be living there .

7/10

Tags
romance, slice of life