Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-29, 19:53   Link #141
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It styled itself as a mystery series with Waver being called in to solve some crime in most cases... only that instead of dropping hints along the way the viewer could legitimately follow to their conclusion (like this series here did), Lord El Melloi II most often chose to go with a "Waver explains the plot to the audience and the answer to the mystery was.... IT WAS MAGIC ALL ALONG!" approach. Meaning that the audience could not intuit the solution to the riddle by correct deduction, but rather that the solution came out of left field.
Waver is a mage, living in and working in a magical community who investigates magical crimes committed by or around his fellow mages. The whole premise of the series is that magic makes typical mystery stores style deduction unfeasible so he focuses on motives instead. Totally different focus.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-29, 20:04   Link #142
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
halfway through the explanation I was hoping that louise was still alive. If aya wasn't there maybe the plan would've worked without the need to kill louise.
I don't know why there was a need for disguising the runaways as dead, but supposing it was to avoid pursuit there had to be a handy corpse to disguise Nora's (Yutte's) leaving. Also, I doubt Yutte could easily forgive Luise. She was not only the main cause of her mother's death, but she also intentionally did it after getting her life saved. From her perspective, if she could kill only a single person Luise would be most likely her choice.

I like that she got freed in the end. This whole part of the story was pretty dark with almost everyone being trash, so it's nice at least she gets a chance instead of the typical "all criminals have to be judged" ending.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 00:38   Link #143
Alchemist007
*Author

A bit sloppy in execution and some weird vampires that constantly show up; but the actual mystery parts were interesting.

7/10