AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-04, 06:53   Link #61
Rasty

This episode was moderately fun, but it is reusing the theme from the previous one of everyone ganging up on MC to defeat him. I fear the show is running out of ideas and that's not a good thing
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 11:25   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
This episode was moderately fun, but it is reusing the theme from the previous one of everyone ganging up on MC to defeat him. I fear the show is running out of ideas and that's not a good thing
I'm still waiting for them to bring in the Sophie clones from the Opening .
Old 2023-09-07, 02:18   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
As always, the story is nothing out of the ordinary, but the animation is expressive and that's what I'm enjoying mostly

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 12:22   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As always, the story is nothing out of the ordinary, but the animation is expressive and that's what I'm enjoying mostly
It's a show that knows what it is and has fun with it, and I can't help but respect that .
Old 2023-09-10, 10:07   Link #65
Frontier

I really have to wonder what kind of existence Blade is when he doesn't even know his own birthday and all he remembers is being a kid wielding a sword from the first time someone encountered him. And it's been nothing but battle after battle for him from there .

But it's nice that the girls all want to celebrate his birthday...and of course the king overhears and makes it into the next crazy thing for the Hero Class to do, by sticking them in the Royal Pantry. Both so they can eat and collect ingredients but also because they need to clean it out, I guess .

I love how everyone goes native and the girls start wearing jungle outfits. Earnest and Yessica even have some underboob going !

Oh snap, Earnest going out of her way to bathe with Blade! She even seems disappointed he didn't look at her! She also wants to get to better know Blade who opens up about his childhood, and they share a surprisingly tender and intimate moment, with Earnest even placing her hands across his chest, his scar, and leaning in closer...and then Claire just had to go and cockblock her. Poor Anna .

Now everybody's got new outfits! I love how the girls' outfits are more revealing, except Sophie who just looks cuter. Earnest is a straight up Barbarian lady .

Hunting for monster ingredients! Emperor Cabbage! Boxing Corn (Ashita no Joe reference)! Sonic Mandrake! Definitely giving the class plenty to do .

And figures the Final Boss would be the Beast King...except it's actually a Behemoth! But the class is more than ready to take it on .

It's nice to see everybody getting a hit in on the Behemoth, even Leonard actually gets to do something cool, and Earnest's per-requisiite nakedness after using Asmodeus is fixed thanks to her handy jungle outfit .

Blade needs to use one of his signature moves and he needs Maou's help to do it, but while handholding is all well and good...it's faster to pool power through a kiss as well. That's right, Maou is the first girl to kiss Blade. The Demon King kissed the Hero! And they even tag-team and use the same move that defeated the Demon King in the first place! Not to mention Blade ends up resting in Maou's lap afterwards. Lucky dog .

I'm glad they didn't forget that this was all for Blade's birthday, giving him some special tonkotsu curry to celebrate it, and Blade in a rare moment of vulnerability actually gets emotional and beyond happy! He finally knows what it means to be born !
Old 2023-09-12, 00:59   Link #66
Strahan

Funny episode. Gotta love how the girls will flip out and deck you into next week if you see them in their underwear, but are perfectly fine gallivanting about with their tits nearly hanging out in the jungle bikinis, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 10:05   Link #67
Frontier

It's not easy to master Blade's "Dragon Smash" technique, but I guess it's no surprise Sophie takes to it well...except that's not really Sophie! That's one of her fellow clones! And after stripping Clay and Kassim, trying to kill Blade, and fighting Sophie, Une escapes !

So we've got all the other Sophie clones all holed up, and they all have different personalities and fighting styles despite all looking the same (well Cinq is more of a loli). Although I didn't expect to see the clone-on-clone kissing session as they try to teach Dragon Smash to each other. Poor Cinq wanted a kiss on the lips and just got one on the forehead .

Quatre's the flirty one so I shouldn't be surprised she straight up propositioned Blade for sex (which the girls did not care for) and failing that tried to kill him and pressed his hand to her boob (which Sophie did not care for) .

I see that Earnests' common sense has been so eroded by her time with Blade that she needs side-character Altria to tell them that it seems like the clones are trying to kill Blade. And not "kill" as in going all out against him like everybody does, but straight up murder him. Also apparently Earnest is now turned on when Blade scolds her .

So is Iona always sleeping in the same bed as Blade now? At least she offered Sophie a spot .

Seems like the clones are all working with a scientist who was behind the Artifical Great Hero project and planning to use the clones to take out Blade and prove the validity of the project despite the illegal experimentation that left the sisters with great power but less lifespan .

Actually kind of clever to trick the child-like clone into thinking she killed Blade to save them the trouble...though unsurprisingly it doesn't stick .

Okay, so together the clones can straight up create a black hole. They were lucky Sophie's powers was able to counteract it, but it took a lot out of her .

Poor Sophie. The clones are basically her sisters but they weren't saved like her and now only live to destroy Blade for whatever life they have remaining. At least Blade is there to comfort her, not that it stops her from going off on her own to end things .
Old 2023-09-24, 10:02   Link #68
Frontier

Sophie's left the school! She's resolved to take care of her sisters on her own, no matter how much it might cost her. And while Gil puts on a brave face, even he's worried. But of course her friends aren't going to just abandon her and leave her by herself !

What doesn't Yessica keep in her cleavage ?

So Sophie finally spills the beans about her being a clone designed to surpass the Great Hero...but everyone is so obsessed with Blade as a superorganism that they don't even consider he could be the Great Hero. So thanks to the power of denseness, Blade's secret is safe .

Blade brings out the best expressions in Earnest, especially when she gets jealous over him and Sophie .

So the plan is that Blade will solo the Sophie Series, probably being the only one who could, while Eliza and the King's forces search for their base and get all the info they need to save the sisters'. Also the king just having his throne be portable amuses me to no end .

Blade can more or less handle the sisters until they start using their special Artifical Great Hero powers, but with his friends throwing their powers at Blade, he's able to defeat them and outlast them! Albeit with tragic consequences .

There's no saving the sisters, at least not now. Even the scientist whose orders they've been following is just a zombie. All they can really do now is use Une's power to transfer their mind and essences into Sophie. So now Sophie has six minds in one body, with each clone being able to possess her body when she lets them. And the rest all still want a piece of Blade. I'm sure that won't get complicated. But as long as Sophie is happy, that's what counts .

Another day for the Hero Class, another day of fighting a dangerous Magical Beast because of the kings' negligence. Everyone's attacks are ineffectual, even Sophie bringing out the power of all her sisters, but of course Blade one-shots it while also holding his latest meal, to the immense frustration of everyone .

Okay, so we didn't have Earnest ending up naked from using Asmodeus, but thankfully the Magical Beast did end up stripping everyone, so I'll take it !
Old 2023-09-24, 12:54   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Nothing special but a solid dumb fun fantasy series. I liked how the expanded cast just kept growing and growing. There's still some OVA shorts coming in the BD releases -- with plenty of clothing destruction I'd imagine.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 16:05   Link #70
ramlaen

It's rare for this sort of show to have a reoccurring cast outside of the MC and his harem.
ramlaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 23:59   Link #71
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
It's rare for this sort of show to have a reoccurring cast outside of the MC and his harem.
Truly an Eiyuu and his kyoushitsu.

It was a pretty wacky comedy with rather sudden serious situations in some episodes.

8/10
Old 2023-09-25, 02:38   Link #72
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-29, 16:05   Link #73
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 08:35.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-29, 23:34   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Naked Earnest, her natural form .

Tags
harem