AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-11, 10:39   Link #81
Frontier

Ah, so Shiori didn't point out a love hotel...she just pointed out a great spot to build sand castles in front of a love hotel! Also, is it just me, or does Shiori have a phrasing problem to where she keeps saying surprisingly lewd stuff innocently ?

Sadaharu with the surprise sandcastle skills! But more importantly, he and Jiro should use this opportunity to ogle...I mean, admire Mei and Shiori in their swimsuits while they can, especially since Shiori is generally pretty conservative but now she's showing off cleavage and the camera is intently focused on her rear end .

Akari is unsurprisingly jealous seeing Jiro and Shiori together and wants Jiro to act more like a proper boyfriend and lover to her when they're outside together, even though Jiro is too awkward to take the hints properly. But he did manage to save Akari from some pick up artists with a declaration that she's his wife, which is a pretty big critical hit .

Time for the bath and some naked, bathing, beauties! And plenty of butt shots! We even got Mei's tan-lined butt !

I guess being in the bath is a good time to bare it all, like Sachi talking about her relationships and just casually admitting she's had sex, and roping Mei and Shiori in for proper girl talk. I think this is probably one of the few times Akari and Shiori have actually held a conversation with each other, which was neat .

Man, these two are such a couple. They come out of the bath together, Akari applies some lotion to his sunburnt skin, and they cuddle a little despite being where someone can see them...Jiro shouldn't have called her by her last name though .

Oh snap, Akari actually brought the bikini! And she drags Jiro out to the beach so they can have a little nighttime rendezvous so she can show it off again and press Jiro's face straight to her boobs so he can sear them into memory !

Akari really just wants Jiro to treat her like she's his girlfriend and wife outside the marriage practical, to make it "real" between the two of them and not something they just do in the privacy of their home, even if she's too self-conscious and prideful to admit it's because she wants it to be real and she wants to be with him. Jiro gets completely mixed up because he either gets the wrong idea or he gets the right idea and Akari just won't be honest enough to admit it .

I guess I can understand why crushing on Minami would be easier than falling deeper in love with Jiro, because she craves Jiro more on an emotional level but she feels like she'll lose him to Shiori .

I didn't think they could top the two of them on the couch, but having them pressed closed together to avoid Shiori and Mei is quite effective as well. Especially when Jiro's sweat catches on Akari's cleavage .

Akari wanted Jiro to desire her so the fact that she was able to get his dick erect and pressed against her knee is...an accomplishment, I guess? Jiro finally couldn't take it any more, and I'm not just talking about the heastroke .

Of course Akari's had enough of their relationship being mostly physical (or trying to get to Jiro through her body), she wants them to talk more and get to know each other better as people, which is the core of any real relationship .

I don't know what those guys were freaking out about, I think the girls still looked great in their facemasks !
Old 2022-12-11, 13:14   Link #82
EroKing

Episode 10

Doing it again, 2 weeks in a row now. What a slut...
I would be totally gentle with her

But seriously, I am so happy to finally see a couple moving closer both emotionally and physically to each other like this, in an anime.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:35.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 14:56   Link #83
Lex79

Agreed, I've already said that but it's nice once in a while to see characters with actual sexual desire for each other.
Anyway, with this episode we got the obligatory scene when suspicious guys try to hit on the heroine when she's alone on the beach, though these ones aren't too bad compared to the average.
It must not be easy for Jirou to be near a super sexy girl like Akari who often sends him signals but also backpedals at the last moment. I'd be as confused as he is in his situation.
Old 2022-12-12, 13:31   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

Another mostly average ep with something only happening in the last 2m, the situation at the end where it seemed like he was finally calling her out on the double signaling and the writer creates another interruption (heat stroke) to prevent it. At least she brought up the point that he's been doing nothing so far but oggling.
Old 2022-12-18, 10:36   Link #85
Frontier

Akari comes back from being at the beach...Shiori sees Jiro at the beach too...I wonder if she put two and two together or just assumed they did have a nighttime rendezvous ?

Shiori looks really cute in her PJ's! Although Akari is also quite a sight in hers, especially in those twintails, even if Jiro's probably used to that by now. And of course the wife is immediately flirting with the husband first thing in the morning (and after last night, she's enjoying every minute of it) .

A Test of Courage! A staple of romcoms and beach episodes! And you have to admire how Sadaharu is willing to not only rig it for his best pal (and his best pals' love interests) but also call him out on all the flirting he's doing in front of him. He's really a great guy! Totally deserves all those gacha crystals !

I guess Mei isn't "good" in the sense that she's using Jiro to move on from her own feelings for Shiori that she doesn't believe will ever be fulfilled, but ultimately I think she just wants Shiori to be happy too. I feel for both girls in a way .

As much as it's a pain knowing how these two truly feel, you have to admire Jiro trying to make Akari and Minami happen out of consideration for her, even if we see plenty of hints that Jiro truly isn't happy about it .

Akari comparing Jiro and Minami's hands (and she seems to prefer Jiro)! Even her first instinct when she wants someone to find her is Jiro. No wonder Minami figured it out .

Minami is surprisingly smooth! And emotionally intuitive, because he figured out Akari's feelings a long time ago (which, yeah, she didn't really hide it well), but while he's flattered...he only sees her as a little sister. And even if he didn't, he was already in love with what I assume his older brothers' wife (and caught them getting busy, which must've been really awkward). Although ironically, even knowing Shiori is in love with someone, he has no idea that it's Jiro, whom he's helping push Akari to properly pursue .

Jiro can't help but go after Akari, even if in the end he's left feeling that his feelings, that he can't put into words, were pointless. And then there's Shiori who basically tells him that she's jealous of all the time Akari has with him and all the different sides to him that Akari sees, even that sense of longing between the two, and the only thing left for her to do is make her move with the rain pouring over them .

It's been a long-time coming, but Akari is finally able to make peace with her feelings for Minami. It was a love that was unfulfilled, but it made her happy to have had those feelings and to have loved Minami even if she truly loves Jiro now, and now that she's gotten that out of the way she can truly 100% pursue Jiro with no reservations and for the sake of her own happiness...meanwhile, Shiori and Jiro are having a passionate kiss in the rain. Yikes !
Old 2022-12-18, 14:57   Link #86
Lex79

I was looking forward to this episode.
It was clear from the past episodes that Akari's feelings for Jirou were stronger, and so the author correctly decided that it's time for her to move on from her previous crush. And this was also the right occasion for us to learn something more about him, his love troubles, and get confirmation that he was never meant to be a true love rival since he isn't interested in either of the heroines.
What do you guys think? Are you happy that there is one less obstacle between Jirou and Akari or disappointed that Tenjin played a small role and the iriginal premise of the series us no more?
Of course, now that Akari has definitely sorted out her feelings, something is needed to spice things up, so...what about some progress for Shiori in the form of a kiss with her beloved?
Old 2022-12-19, 03:07   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was looking forward to this episode.
It was clear from the past episodes that Akari's feelings for Jirou were stronger, and so the author correctly decided that it's time for her to move on from her previous crush. And this was also the right occasion for us to learn something more about him, his love troubles, and get confirmation that he was never meant to be a true love rival since he isn't interested in either of the heroines.
What do you guys think? Are you happy that there is one less obstacle between Jirou and Akari or disappointed that Tenjin played a small role and the iriginal premise of the series us no more?
Of course, now that Akari has definitely sorted out her feelings, something is needed to spice things up, so...what about some progress for Shiori in the form of a kiss with her beloved?
I think it's fine. Honestly I'm a bit mixed since I kind of wanted a bit more pressure to be there. But it was also pretty obvious early on that this was just a love triangle situation around Jiro and Tenjin wasn't a legitimate rival. Honestly he was barely a legitimate supporting character with how little he's appeared across the show .

But at least the show seems ready to abandon the premise and just let the love triangle play out. I still am willing to bet on Akari. Mostly due to all that she and Jiro have been through. Plus...Shiori does still have fallback options. Though her interest in that is kind of up to her.
Old 2022-12-19, 10:35   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think it's fine. Honestly I'm a bit mixed since I kind of wanted a bit more pressure to be there. But it was also pretty obvious early on that this was just a love triangle situation around Jiro and Tenjin wasn't a legitimate rival. Honestly he was barely a legitimate supporting character with how little he's appeared across the show .

But at least the show seems ready to abandon the premise and just let the love triangle play out. I still am willing to bet on Akari. Mostly due to all that she and Jiro have been through. Plus...Shiori does still have fallback options. Though her interest in that is kind of up to her.
Honestly these past few episodes have done wonders for making Minami into a legitimate character and a guy that's actually likeable compared to how he was just there in the first half .
Old 2022-12-22, 14:32   Link #89
Alchemist007
*Author

When pink hair isn't on screen, be looking for her.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It would be hilarious if next ep the guy was like "thanks for the practice kiss, you're a real good friend."
Old 2022-12-25, 10:38   Link #90
Frontier

For once people assuming something "scandalous" happened between Jiro and Shiori while they were gone...isn't inaccurate, especially for Akari who sees the vibes between the two of them. And even though she once made a prayer for romantic success with Minami, now she's forking over cold hard cash praying for the same with Jiro, and she's not going to give up !

Shiori figured out Akari had kissed Jiro before and felt like she had to make a move, even if the fact that Akari is the "wife" makes Shiori feel like she's the other woman after kissing Jiro, but that just makes her pursuing Jiro more aggressively more important to her .

Jiro's RPG reflecting real life never gets old, as Chloris/Shiori steals a kiss. But what about poor Lancia? It seems like she rejoined the party in the game (or Jiro restarted it) so maybe she has a chance !?

Honestly I feel like there is very little ambiguity when a girl passionately kisses you like that, in the rain, after saying she doesn't think you'll be able to stay together as just childhood friends any more...but I guess Jiro really does have no relationship experience and his friendship with Shiori is really important to him, so he doesn't want to assume too much for risk of ruining it (and Shiori probably feels the same) .

Wow, the rain makes Shiori surprisingly aggressive! She actually invites Jiro over to her place! And they look surprisingly cute together, just chilling and reading on the couch. If this were Akari she would probably be cuddling and be all over Jiro by then .

The vibes are getting pretty good between Jiro and Shiori, they even take a couple selfie with two rainbows in the background, but it's when Shiori shows him a group picture of them at the beach that Jiro sees the only thing that could hold himself back from making a move on Shiori...Akari's smiling face .

Akari asked him out on a date! And she even chose a date dress she thinks he'd like! And she looks utterly amazing! I also love how this date was so important to her that she was desperate to look good and forgot her phone because she was in such a hurry to see Jiro .

Akari takes Jiro out on what is a fairly natural and sweet date! They get sweet drinks together, share an indirect kiss, get to enjoy a cat cafe together, and Jiro even wins Akari a doll from a crane game! These two look so adorable together and the date felt really organic between them, like they really are a legitimate couple !

I see I'm not the only one who noticed Akari was holding that cat while sitting next to Jiro like it was their baby .

Jiro and Akari stumble into Shiori and Akari and Shiori challenge each other to a race to the shrine where they first met each other early into the season...with the implications being they're also racing for their own respective love for Jiro. Also amazingly enough Akari was able to keep up with Shiori the whole time while wearing heels .

While Akari and Shiori are racing each other they pass by various romances in progress, showing them everything they want from their relationship with Jiro...friendship, love, marriage, a family, and even growing old together as they meet an older woman married to an older dude named Jiro. What are the chances ?

And as we end on the ambiguity of what Jiro wished for at the shrine romantically, we see Jiro and Akari settling back into married life back at their dorm and acting as naturally as a couple as ever (you gotta love a hubby who pitches in for dinner!) and we leave off on both Jiro/Akari and Minami/Shiori in A rank and right next to each other in the rankings, implying something more pivotal is about to happen in this love drama .
Old 2022-12-25, 17:27   Link #91
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was kind of wondering how the anime would wrap things up, and it definitely went kinda heavy on anime original stuff... the race was definitely interesting though. The adaptation was solid overall regardless, and I wouldn't mind seeing more animated.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 21:18   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-26, 01:36   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll give them credit there. Since it is an ongoing story there's only so much they can do. And they managed to make the ending feel pretty satisfying even with there being no resolution on which way things will fall in the end.

And it's fine for things to still be at this point. The two girls are pretty firmly locked into their paths with all they've been through. But Jiro is particularly divided. Things were simple at the start with how he felt, but now it's anything but.

Credit as well for making both sides of this pretty likable. Akari had a longer road to walk, but in the end she turned out pretty well. No idea which way things will fall in the end or if we'll see that question answered in anime form. But this was pretty nice. Good 7/10 show I think.
Old 2022-12-27, 13:19   Link #94
Alchemist007
*Author

Decent enough ending. I would say this is where you insert your "He marries both of them in a country where it's legal" doujin if this is the only anime material we get. They're fairly friendly with each other.

6/10
Old 2022-12-28, 07:17   Link #95
EroKing

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:19.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 10:25   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Lingerie Akari and Shiori .

(Feel like their chests are a little nerfed though...)
Old 2022-12-30, 17:17   Link #97
Lex79

Quote:
Honestly I feel like there is very little ambiguity when a girl passionately kisses you like that, in the rain, after saying she doesn't think you'll be able to stay together as just childhood friends any more...but I guess Jiro really does have no relationship experience and his friendship with Shiori is really important to him, so he doesn't want to assume too much for risk of ruining it (and Shiori probably feels the same)
I tend to hate with a passion situations where the protagonist has a girl that throws herself at him and still manage to be dense about her feelings. Luckily in this case I can give this series a pass since Jirou wanted to address the kiss with Shiori but stopped because of the feelings he has for Akari, even if he hadn't fully realized.
Anyway, it was a nice adaptation. I feel the anime reached a good stopping point g8ven that the source material is still ongoing, and they still managed to put a hook for a potential second season with the news that now both couples reached rank A and can swap partners.
As I said at the beginning, I like both heroines, and while I have few doubts about who is going to win, so far I'd be fine with either of them, or even better an harem.

Tags
love triangle