Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-25, 10:43   Link #181
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Elf slavery is officially illegal in the kingdom. Most of those who involved were secretly doing it with the second prince back them up. It's not that human are not care about the promise.
It's a bit like that, though. It wouldn't have gotten like that if they were more strict about enforcement, and if "the second prince support" had been ground for the second prince's execution rather than a way to protect slavers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 11:04   Link #182
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's a bit like that, though. It wouldn't have gotten like that if they were more strict about enforcement, and if "the second prince support" had been ground for the second prince's execution rather than a way to protect slavers.
Unfortunately, without good surveillance system, it is quite hard to detect the crime you do not see with your eyes, no matter how strict the law. Especially when a royal family member help to hide it. Good thing that he was killed and his big business effectively ended. At least the situation will be better from now on with only some small fishes left.

BTW, while you're replying. I have edited my post in previous page a bit and add extra explanation of why negotiation went well.
Old 2022-06-25, 16:23   Link #183
Dj0rel
True Believer

I can definitely say one thing about this anime. I have never skipped the opening.

Last edited by Dj0rel; 2023-08-27 at 11:27.
Dj0rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 12:00   Link #184
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think the biggest issue is mentality. Despite the show trying to be optimistic about human/elf relations, every level failed in respect to this situation. Humans were happily buying up these elves as slaves for every kind of horrible action imaginable. Soldiers were either assisting in capture and containment elves. And at least not caring enough to report the situation. Mercenaries were used to a degree, but it's not like this never crossed into the territory of official soldiers of the kingdom.

The Princesses big move seems to be claiming that humans will actually follow their own laws...for real this time . Yeah, she's the best option in terms of people to succeed the throne. But not sure there was a need to be that cordial to her either. And I don't think halting rescue operations were sensible. The Princess may be motivated but not sure anyone below her is. Her Father wasn't that upset about the slavery either. So she may only be able to fulfill her promise after taking over the throne which isn't going to happen immediately. The Elves should keep doing their thing until the Kingdom shows capability in handling the situation themselves.

I suppose it works out though. The Elves can officially back down a bit and ease the political situation. While the beast people have no reason to stop their own rescue missions . They weren't part of this negotiation after all. So if they find captured elves alongside their own people they can just clean up things themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I can definitely say one about this anime. I have never skipped the opening.
If nothing else this show had a pretty fun OP .
Old 2022-06-26, 13:53   Link #185
Tenzen12

We got royal actually dying in effort peacfully resolve issue and honestly I don't see why would you take crimminals as example of what people in general...
Old 2022-12-28, 07:24   Link #186
magnuskn

BTW, I liked the show so much, I got all the light novels (some are still on their way, though). Some context to what was in the show:

- The attempted rape scene was just as bad in the book as in the series. Can't really say that I agree with this choice of opener, it set a tone which the rest of the series pretty much ignored afterwards. I guess the author felt he had to make some controversy.

- The Marquis who had the two elven sex slaves was kicked to death by them, after they were freed by Ariane and Arc. His son was killed earlier, when Arc freed the elven children in the forest. Not sure why the showrunners felt that they needed to change that in the anime.
Old 2022-12-28, 15:21   Link #187
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
BTW, I liked the show so much, I got all the light novels (some are still on their way, though). Some context to what was in the show:

- The attempted rape scene was just as bad in the book as in the series. Can't really say that I agree with this choice of opener, it set a tone which the rest of the series pretty much ignored afterwards. I guess the author felt he had to make some controversy.

- The Marquis who had the two elven sex slaves was kicked to death by them, after they were freed by Ariane and Arc. His son was killed earlier, when Arc freed the elven children in the forest. Not sure why the showrunners felt that they needed to change that in the anime.
- Audience in Japan doesn't see those type of attempted rape scene as the same as the Western Audience (aka., as a controversy).
To them, it probably felt like the Hero saving the Damsel-in-Distress situation.

- From what i remember, in the Light Novel, it's never really clear whether that Son survived or not (just remember that he was punched away by Arc).
In the Manga though, it was shown that he was alive and the events played out pretty much the same as the Anime.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 18:51   Link #188
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
- Audience in Japan doesn't see those type of attempted rape scene as the same as the Western Audience (aka., as a controversy).
To them, it probably felt like the Hero saving the Damsel-in-Distress situation.
I don't know, man. I still can't watch that scene without getting queasy, because they really played up the horror for the young woman in question. Of course you don't "hear" that in the light novel.

Quote:
- From what i remember, in the Light Novel, it's never really clear whether that Son survived or not (just remember that he was punched away by Arc).
In the Manga though, it was shown that he was alive and the events played out pretty much the same as the Anime.
At least the English version made it pretty clear that his spine was broken by Arc. To quote the book "Unlike the last time, when I'd punched the other bandits with all my might, this time, I merely pushed my closed fist into the young man's back. I could feel his spine break, but rather than exploding like before, he flew into the group of men like a bowling ball into a row of pins".

And then he is never mentioned again. One presumes that he died in that forest, given that all his lackeys ended up dead and you don't get far with a broken spine.
Old 2022-12-29, 00:35   Link #189
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
He died immediately in the LN, Arc shattered his spine.

Also different from that scene in the LN was that Arianne was never pressured by the slaver group and was defiant when they took the kids hostage. So there was no Damsel-in-distress situation.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-29, 02:09   Link #190
Huh...?

Quote:
At least the English version made it pretty clear that his spine was broken by Arc. To quote the book "Unlike the last time, when I'd punched the other bandits with all my might, this time, I merely pushed my closed fist into the young man's back. I could feel his spine break, but rather than exploding like before, he flew into the group of men like a bowling ball into a row of pins".

And then he is never mentioned again. One presumes that he died in that forest, given that all his lackeys ended up dead and you don't get far with a broken spine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
He died immediately in the LN, Arc shattered his spine.
Well, the Series is based in an Isekai.
So, just a spine break isn't necessarily enough to kill a person. Only complete decapitation in some form guarantees it.
And just because he isn't mentioned later on, neither confirms his death or him being alive.

And like i said, the Manga also showed him being alive (post encounter) and meeting with his dad later on and again getting beaten-up.

So, considering both the Manga & Anime showed him being alive after the first encounter, i would consider his alive status in the LN as Unknown, at that point of the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Also different from that scene in the LN was that Arianne was never pressured by the slaver group and was defiant when they took the kids hostage. So there was no Damsel-in-distress situation.
I was replying to "magnuskn", who was referring to the attempted rape scene at the start of the Novel, involving Lauren (the one showed in Episode 1, and present in Manga as well).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-12-29 at 02:21.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-29, 03:09   Link #191
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, the Series is based in an Isekai.
So, just a spine break isn't necessarily enough to kill a person. Only complete decapitation in some form guarantees it.
And just because he isn't mentioned later on, neither confirms his death or him being alive.

And like i said, the Manga also showed him being alive (post encounter) and meeting with his dad later on and again getting beaten-up.

So, considering both the Manga & Anime showed him being alive after the first encounter, i would consider his alive status in the LN as Unknown, at that point of the plot.
That's, uh, a bit of a reach. The dude clearly was marked as an incompetent sadistic blowhard, who accompanied the slavers to their great annoyance. He showed zero signs of being magically inclined (the only thing which I think could save him in the situation he found himself after having his spine broken). He was left alone in the forest with a bunch of corpses, maybe alive, presumably to be eaten messily alive by the next set of wolves or orcs which came along to check out the smell of rotting meat. If he didn't die of shock or exposure before that. And he never turned up again in the light novel. Occam's Razor says he's dead.
Old 2022-12-29, 08:25   Link #192
scififan

Quote:
I don't know, man. I still can't watch that scene without getting queasy, because they really played up the horror for the young woman in question. Of course you don't "hear" that in the light novel.
The indecent violence is a common theme in historical manga, and some light novels. It feels like the mangaka wanted to indecent content to increase viewership, not bringing out the cruelty of wars.

In this show, the depiction of the villains may be necessary to paint the protagonist's personality. The action of villains justify the protagonist's killing of human. The protagonist is the gamer who follows the game setting. He does not mind killing scums in the games. Maybe he is like that in the real life. When he is involved in the new game, he thought the VR technology looks too real. He is a careful fighter, so he is not into one against many. When he saw the bandits' action, he throws away his reason.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote