AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-15, 11:34   Link #121
Sides

Big question is what will Nagomi do next? Really looking forward to the final episode. Hopefully it won't disappoint like other original shows have this season (or even year).
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 17:29   Link #122
grecefar

I'm sad for ranko death but I saw it coming for a while now, it was going to be too hard to keep her alive unless she survive this with some miracle and the next chapter starts with her in the hospital.

But I doubt it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 18:03   Link #123
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

As someone pointed out, she was stabbed by surviving moon rabbit maid (she killed most of them in the ep. 1). Now I really have no idea how they end it (especially if Cygames consider possible sequel in case of sucess).

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-12-15 at 18:22.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 21:57   Link #124
Alchemist007
*Author

I kind of wish the show had more of the tone of the baseball ep, they kind of went everywhere instead. Even Ranko's death felt like they just HAD to have it happen because of the...plot.
Old 2022-12-15, 22:03   Link #125
patnam

i bet ep12 will be set 5-10 years after Ranko's death...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 04:01   Link #126
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

"Its not Radio again, its Radipanda", my sides, dammit Nagomi.

I'm not sure about killing Ranko is bad decision because the only problem I considered is 'what to do by one episode left?'
While it does raise question mark if Cygames decided to continue following popularity, Ranko absent would help other Tontokoton maids develop themselves within such environment; it kind of disappointing for me to see Zoya underutilized while Nagomi slowly back to her pre-Nerula days after she solo Manami squad as Ranko take care violence part of cafe.
Old 2022-12-16, 04:25   Link #127
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Big question is what will Nagomi do next?
Training Montage! The guy from the ramen shop will train her up on guns, martial arts and stealth so she can go avenge Ranko and become the new boss of Akiba!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 17:57   Link #128
Dextro
He Without a Title

Never was I so disappointed for predicting what would happen to a character. I did miss all the rest though
Old 2022-12-19, 06:15   Link #129
Ghostfriendly

Black comedy has to strike a fine balance. Corpses getting propped up for the baseball game song was absurd enough to work, but somebody putting a gun in their mouth, even the easily discouraged manager, really didn't work. The plot being dragged out, and a general massacre delayed, by sentimental considerations of honour, absurd for vicious, mercenary criminals, is I'm sure accurately copied from old-time Yakuza melodramas. Which dragged out their plots too much, or restricted themselves to 90 minutes. Michael Corleone had his faults, but he didn't waste time taking care of business. Still, the characters remain appealing enough; there were some decent moments like Ranko's lift accident and ketchup drawing in blood.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 11:32   Link #130
Sides

;_; preview for episode 12
Spoiler:
Old 2022-12-19, 11:41   Link #131
grecefar

Nagi will die after she opens that door.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 13:09   Link #132
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

That was a fun ride, solid 8/10 or so. PA Works really redeemed themselves this year with both this and Kongming.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 14:16   Link #133
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I was a bit diappointed they went to much into copying yakuza movies in the last few episodes without adding the craziness but the final one was pretty good. I surprised
Spoiler:

Let's see how their next original will go.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 18:25   Link #134
Sides

Love this show and the final. Judging the show as a complete unit, this is one of mine favourite orginal shows this year. Extra points for giving the show a proper ending, in a sense.
Old 2022-12-22, 19:03   Link #135
Ghostfriendly

Uzuko had cartoon villain problems - repeated threats to crush the protagonists get stale when there isn't a clear sense of why she is unable to do so, despite superior power, or what she is doing to overcome said underdefined obstacle. Very little was actually done to develop her past bond with Ranka, with everything pinned on Nagomi and Ranka. The other maids and manager, with no resolution for them in the final ep, came to nothing. Shooting your underlings is another tiresome villain-trope, making Uzuko's fate unsurprising.

The protagonist coming back in a wheel chair, as 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' noted, is another tired device. It maybe superficial, but it is nice to see that Nagomi active and positive, though. Her final sequence that the show pinned its hopes on was quite emotional; though the story was light on plot and character it was a mess of decent elements.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-23, 11:24   Link #136
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, that was great. I totally enjoyed this show and was glad it had a conclusive ending.
I did feel that another five minutes or so might have helped make things seem a little less abrupt.
I was really wondering who would survive the ending, so the after credit scene wrapped it all up neatly.

Excellent show, one of my favourites this season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-23, 11:25   Link #137
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Brilliant conclusion.

They really answer my doubt on how to wrap up everything on single episode; can't believe it done in a very effective and efficient way.
Nagomi lose the fight but win the war, turning entire story into Akihabara origin story; take the toll of her impulsive action but managed to preserve Ranko and Nerula faith on her. Nagi died in a way that satisfied every single party with grudge on her. Maidalien, Okamimachi; that headshot and bamboo spear really the best insult one could gave and Nagi could take.

Love the humor execution, can't believe they can still slipped it in for this episode. Cygames also playing smart here. Not only Uma Musume poster became indication of time skip, but also by time skip of roughly 18 years they can fill the gap with anything as long Nagomi being legendary 36-years-old maid of Akihabara is the end point.

Not a super groundbreaking works but one where it have certain charm if you follow it until the end.
Kudos to writers and director involved as this kind of effectiveness and efficiency to settle things once and for all is rare in sea of anime.
Old 2022-12-23, 14:07   Link #138
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I kind of wish the show had more of the tone of the baseball ep, they kind of went everywhere instead. Even Ranko's death felt like they just HAD to have it happen because of the...plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Black comedy has to strike a fine balance. Corpses getting propped up for the baseball game song was absurd enough to work, but somebody putting a gun in their mouth, even the easily discouraged manager, really didn't work. The plot being dragged out, and a general massacre delayed, by sentimental considerations of honour, absurd for vicious, mercenary criminals, is I'm sure accurately copied from old-time Yakuza melodramas. Which dragged out their plots too much, or restricted themselves to 90 minutes. Michael Corleone had his faults, but he didn't waste time taking care of business. Still, the characters remain appealing enough; there were some decent moments like Ranko's lift accident and ketchup drawing in blood.
The balance this show struck just felt a bit out of whack ultimately, I think too much on the violence side on the comedy-violence scale. Uzuko needed to be killed way earlier, but the transition to peace might not have happened if they actually went to war near the end (probably). I assume after she died, the various maid groups came to adopt Nagomi's way.

I definitely appreciated the amount comedy that there was but could've used a bit less seriousness.

Overall 7/10.
Old 2022-12-25, 18:08   Link #139
Dextro
He Without a Title

Solid 7/10 for me but not so much because I feel like PA Works failed to nail the balance between comedy and drama. I think they nailed that part. More because, visually, the show was just never particular impressive aside from that amazing dancing and shooting early in its run. It was still an amazing show and props to PA Works for nailing an ending! It feels like that studio in particular has a bad habit of dropping the ball (writing/pacing-wise) about 2/3rds through the runtime and yet they managed to avoid that on this occasion. If anything, the pacing substantially improved after Zoya joined.

One of the best shows of the year for sure. Especially as far as anime originals are concerned.