AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-11, 23:49   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm not surprised the mother ended up a bit traumatized herself. Threw her all into trying to support the family, but things fell apart with her husband. Considering the premise of the show...probably not a surprise. And then got a line from Itsuka so sharp she couldn't have done more damage without actually attacking her mother with a knife. Geeze...that's brutal.

I suppose letting this odd situation continue makes the most sense. Especially since it isn't her mother that Itsuka is pining for, but her father. Trying to take her away right now wouldn't really play out well. The best she can do is just try to build things up slowly over time. Although that will be incredibly awkward since she has to go through Nagomu. Since letting this girl have a cellphone is a no go. Despite her occasionally wanders off chasing after guys that look sort of like her father.
Old 2022-05-12, 02:34   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I feel sorry for the mom. And angry at the dad.

And yes, they really should get her a phone, preferably one with those tracking options.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 11:39   Link #63
BWTraveller
Born to ship

It's a sadly common concept, though one I usually see on the father's side. Most of the time it's the dad who's a workaholic, finds he really doesn't have much of a relationship with his own kids, and starts to feel that he could walk out of their lives and they wouldn't really be affected much outside of maybe a tighter budget.

Either way, I was glad to finally see Itsuka show some real attachment to Nagomu, start seeing him as a sort of father figure and someone she could look up to and rely on.

One thing weird, that bit in the preview looks a bit like an older version of Itsuka. Made me wonder whether we were going to get a skip to junior high or something... Given that they finally crossed that border to start seeing each other as family (even if she's not entirely ready to admit she feels that way), it'd probably be the right time if they did.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 18:47   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Early in this episode I was really wondering if Nagomu shouldn't give music another shot. Considering his dad spends most of the time chewing him out I got to wonder if he's got a hope in the sweets industry . But he does have a welcoming personality and gets along with people. May not be a skillset unique to that industry, but it can be a valuable asset.

Oh boy. This girl ran into trouble pretty hard. At the very least you don't need to be a genius to realize that 1) arguing in front of customers and 2) saying that interacting with the customers is pointless are both catastrophically bad things. Even with the dreams she has for herself...there are just some things to keep to yourself.

Yeah, I can kind of get that Miyu girl. Just wow. Talk about being tone deaf. Friendly kidding can be fine. But if the other party isn't laughing...might be a good idea to drop that approach. At least she did avoid blowing up for as long as possible. All her mother was doing was making herself feel good. Even if she thought Miyu's failures were cute...that's still not great. Might be one of Nagomu's better moments stepping in there. At least things were smoothed over. Since honestly something like that could turn into long-term resentment.
Old 2022-05-18, 19:02   Link #65
grecefar

The mother bully her and put her down every moment saying that it's because her sulking is cute?, that is one messed up woman, at least she apologized and cover it up saying that it was her smile she love the most, yeah nice save there...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-19, 14:43   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hopefully she won't do it again. But yes, doing it every day, year after year is emotional abuse.
Old 2022-06-01, 21:09   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This guy...He doesn't have enough actual love interests for me to call it a harem. But my goodness he is a top notch dense harem protagonist. Absolutely no awareness of what either of those two are thinking or the confrontation going on behind the scenes. Moments where I really wonder what is wrong with these two obsessing over him. But he does tend to find a way to make things work out. Ending it with a pretty solid song should keep the interest strong for both parties.

Geeze Itsuka's mother really set herself up for past failures. Really fulfilling that workaholic parent checklist with even breaking promises on Itsuka's birthday...because work came up. Life does happen...but ouch. No wonder the father even with all his issues ended up the preferred parent. Even after he abandoned her...
Old 2022-06-02, 13:01   Link #68
grecefar

Definitely Itsuka's father wasn't a bad one, now I can see that stuff happened and he couldn't afford to stay with her by himself and saw leaving her with Nagomu family like the best way to protect her and gave her a normal life instead to wander around and doing concerts that only give to feed himself.

I think the only bad thing he did was just to disappear and never face Itsuka. He at least should've left a letter explaining why he did it.
Old 2022-06-02, 15:27   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Definitely Itsuka's father wasn't a bad one, now I can see that stuff happened and he couldn't afford to stay with her by himself and saw leaving her with Nagomu family like the best way to protect her and gave her a normal life instead to wander around and doing concerts that only give to feed himself.

I think the only bad thing he did was just to disappear and never face Itsuka. He at least should've left a letter explaining why he did it.
Nope, still shitty. If he couldn't stay with his daughter anymore, his first call should have been to her mother.
And couldn't he stay with her? Say, if he gave up his career that was going nowhere?
Old 2022-06-02, 16:30   Link #70
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nope, still shitty. If he couldn't stay with his daughter anymore, his first call should have been to her mother.
And couldn't he stay with her? Say, if he gave up his career that was going nowhere?
A workholic mother that was never home and abandoned them, and after she abandoned them she went to france and lost contact, how could he reach her?, In my point of view I would rather left my daughter in a good and caring home (assuming he is indeed nagomu senpai, he must know his family), than a mother like that that would leave her daughter always alone.

and then what?, surely he didn't go to college to find an stable job, and having a part-time job in a convenience store will give enough to raise her?, I believe he should work a lot and it will be not difference of her mother that leaves her alone.
Old 2022-06-02, 17:31   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
A workholic mother that was never home and abandoned them, and after she abandoned them she went to france and lost contact, how could he reach her?, In my point of view I would rather left my daughter in a good and caring home (assuming he is indeed nagomu senpai, he must know his family), than a mother like that that would leave her daughter always alone.
I'm not entirely sure it's a fair characterization of what happened.

Quote:
and then what?, surely he didn't go to college to find an stable job, and having a part-time job in a convenience store will give enough to raise her?, I believe he should work a lot and it will be not difference of her mother that leaves her alone.
Leaving her in a shop with a family he barely knows, if at all? I don't see how that's better than working hard to provide for your own damn daughter.
Old 2022-06-08, 11:28   Link #72
Alchemist007
*Author

Peepception

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-09, 01:11   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

That was a solid and sweet pair of stories. Nice seeing Nagomu and Itsuka continuing to bond slightly as things move forward. Kind of appreciate his Dad actually saying something nice and hoping for Nagomu to give his work more credit. Still has a long way to go, but it feels positive having that kind of wish being stated.

Nothing unusual about Nagomu being a really nice guy. Helping out a potentially cursed man during a difficult time. A message definitely being sent from beyond the grave there .

A small story to wrap up the episode, but a nice one. And one time where Nagomu was basically unimportant. Outside of being there to use google he wasn't that essential. Which is fine since he really shouldn't be at the center of everything. A sad little story about a couple that were split apart due to family interference. At least both seemed to have lived full lives. And in both cases the stage name Koume was placed in some way into the names of children within their families. Building a bond even if they couldn't be together.
Old 2022-06-22, 12:15   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

Itsuka warmed up just a bit over the course of the show, not nearly that much. This does feel only half complete of a story, with the father barely peeking into the show. Really needs another cour for a better conclusion.

7/10
Old 2022-06-22, 15:21   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It does feel a bit incomplete. Without the inevitable clash with Itsuka's father it just kind of...ends. That is how it can go with an adaptation. But in this case it just feels more pronounced. I guess the best they could do was show Itsuka's father walking around like the scumbag that he is. There are worse in the world (since he could have abandoned her in less positive places) but he's still pretty awful. Even after abandoning her for a year he doesn't seem anywhere close to stability.

Since the nature of the adaptation doesn't let many of the character arcs really feel like they are left on a solid point. Kanoko and Mitsuru are both still generally interested in Nagomu, but there really isn't much progress made beyond their introduction episodes. At most they are better rivals for each other, but even that's pretty small.

It was still a good show. A bit slower than I expected coming out of the first episode. But it was comfortable and easy to get into. At least it did end with focusing on the Nagomu and Itsuka relationship since that is the core of the series. Ironically I don't know if this show really did escape the Usagi Drop comparison .

I think a 7/10 is fair. It was good. I think if it had the ability to tackle a few things more fully it could have been great. But it was easy to keep up with an enjoy to the end.
Old 2022-06-22, 21:47   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-23, 17:37   Link #77
Strahan

I was really expecting them to bump into the father at the park or something, then having it go bad somehow and then she runs off using the grandpa money to go somewhere then Nagomu having to track her down.

I guess they're planning on father stuff in S2 if one happens.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 04:14   Link #78
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And thus the series ends in the warmth of the home that is Ryokushou. Overall, the story of Nagumo, while filled with probably too much Nagumo-bullying, still had a lot of sweet moments, including Itsuka warming up to Nagumo. It sucks that we weren't able to get that catharsis of Itsuka meeting her father again, but then again he's a scumbag that shirked his father duties so maybe it was for the best.

I personally don't expect a sequel to happen, but I'd consider this show to be a sweet experience regardless.

ENTRY #447 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking