AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-08, 09:05   Link #101
Frontier

Poor Ginny trying to get some nice bathing in and then Lydia comes in to sexually harass her in true anime bathing fashion. And Ard is stuck between feeling bad about seeing her again to being reminded how scummy his old friend was .

I love how Ginny and Ireena's armor has literal breastplates .

An enemy infiltrating the back provides a perfect opportunity for Ard to just casually flex and take him out to earn a chance to meet the king. Bonus points for roasting him without killing him .

Sylphie is the same no matter the timeline, and she still hates Ard Meteors' guts .

Ard looks so proud of his castle. Like, the one thing about his old life that he seems to really miss was how nice his castle was. Of course Sylphie thinks Lydia is better .

We finally properly meet Takehito Koyasu's character, Alvarto, who seems like an arrogant mage out to prove himself, but Ard doesn't recognize him from the present-day and we don't quite know how he ended up the way he did .

It must be pretty surreal seeing your girls crushing on your past self, almost as much as seeing your old self and your best friend so chummy again and being reminded of what you lost .

So it turns out the trio weren't necessarily transported back in time, but to another dimension where history was altered and there was another demon lord before Varvatos became one. Seems like that's the main threat they're going to need to deal with, but will this timeline stay different or will they restore things to their proper form ?

Just Ard's luck that the one mission he enthusiastically joins up in ends up being the one that lead to Lydia's death...it seems like fighting this Mevilas guy ended up driving her berserk so Varvatos had to put her down? But I feel like the timeline already changed because Sylphie was there and it seemed like she went for her personal training before Lydia died. And that's before the Demon Lord cuts off Mevilas' head .

So this new Demon Lord is directly challenging Varvatos, and seems to recognize Ard, which makes it all the more intriguing who he actually is and what he's after .
Old 2022-06-08, 13:28   Link #102
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was pretty close to dropping this show but this arc has me intrigued. Seems like there could be lasting changes to the timeline...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 15:25   Link #103
Lex79

The situation is more complex than initially anticipated and it seems there is the possibility to create another timeline where Lydia is alive...unless it turns out she'll die against the new demon lord. We'll see in the next episodes.
Old 2022-06-15, 09:05   Link #104
Frontier

Ard and the girls have made it far enough in this army to even get a seat at Varvatos' Council of Seven, just in time for them to declare all out war against the Demon Lord .

But then the Demon Lord visits Ard and it turns out he's...Hajime Nagumo!? I mean, an alternate version of Ard named Disaster Rogue!? And it seems like the events were the same for him up until a point where everyone and everything he loved and cared about in his new life ended up taken from him, leaving him with nothing else but self-loathing and a desire to save Lydia and letting her kill him...like, jeez, how badly did it get in his timeline? What happened to Ireena and Ginny ?

And what's up with this God that sent them both back in time? He sent Rogue back to destroy the world but it seemed like he sent Ard back to stop him, so what's the endgame here? What is the point of putting the timeline, and the whole world, at risk ?

So Ard's big regret is never telling Lydia she was more important to him than slaying the Outer Ones they've been fighting, thinking that would have prevented her from fighting one solo and costing her her life .

Of course Ard is tempted to go along with saving Lydia, but Lydia's own voice and his memories of Ireena and Ginny hold him back .

Poor Sylphy. All three of them know that no amount of food is going to make a mature woman out of her .

I love how Ginny just outright asked if Ard was the Demon Lord and Ard was like "nope" in the most unconvincing way possible .

Ard and Lydia go through a stroll in the town and when Lydia's not picking up women, she and Ard are chewing each other out and beating the tar out of each other...but it helps Ard let off some steam .

Lydia has her own regrets, having killed an entire village of demons during a campaign, killing families and children, and that haunts her to this very day. She recognizes the demons as humans, or basically the same as any other race, and is willing to give up her life, no matter how messy the end is, if it means she can achieve a peace that makes them all happy .

Does Lydia know Ard is Varvatos? It seems like she's at least aware that there's a plot to save her going on .

So we've got Verd riding a Mecha, Olivia and her skimpy ninja girls diving straight into the enemy, some old dude protecting his forces, Varvatos having to save Alvarto's forces from their own commanders propensity for going overboard out of boredom, and Lydia and Sylphy making short work of their demons .

Ard finally denies working with the Demon Lord, but it seems like the Demon Lord had a plan all along...and where are Ireena and Ginny ?
Old 2022-06-16, 14:55   Link #105
rladls2121

I don't like this english translated title.

I say Ard is not a miserable nobody, he is a Villager A.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 09:52   Link #106
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-22, 08:26   Link #107
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Not a very good series but I was curious enough to stick to the end. 5/10 or so, probably lower if I factored in the censorship.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 09:16   Link #108
Frontier

Ireena and Ginny ruminating the fact that their the Heroines but they don't really get to do much, especially now when they've just basically been Ard's groupies in this time travel journey. But Ginny knows how to motivate Ireena, whether it's with bringing up the Ard Harem plan, whispering into her ear while feeling up her boobs, or insulting her capabilities .

I had a feeling Latima was going to betray them when she just conveniently knew where the Demon Lord's essence was...and I wasn't surprised she was working with Disaster Rogue to save Lydia, and turning Ireena and Ginny into hostages to motivate Ard to join up with his doppelganger .

Luckily the girls are able to free themselves and Lydia arrives just in time to gut-punch Latima and destroy the essence herself. Lydia appreciates the sentiment of those who want to save her, but she's a Champion down to her bone which means working for the safety and happiness of others, even if it means her own life. And that's what motivates Ard to fight Disaster Rogue .

It's a pretty good point that Disaster Rogue is so determined to save Lydia not for the sake of saving Lydia but to save himself from all the guilt and pain, but by the end of the episode it's definitely clear that his feelings for her and wanting her to live were still genuine .

So apparently it wasn't just killing Lydia that Varvatos regretted, but the fact that their last real conversation was an argument over Varvatos pursuing peace with the demons while Lydia wanted to keep fighting...and ending with Varvatos saying he didn't care about Lydia. You can see the genuine hurt on her face after he said it .

It's Ard vs Ard as they both unleash their true power against each other and Disaster Rogue takes the edge with his pure rage and aggression, but his Lydia spirit is able to pull him back so our Ard can defeat him .

Man, I kind of feel bad for Disaster Rogue. He finally realized he loved Lydia after he died and lost everything, and revealing his feelings hit Ard so hard that he instantly killed him. At least he's at peace now...I hope .

So, yeah...what was up with that thing that summoned them? They don't really explain that much, or why they sent Disaster Rogue back too. Guess we'll never know .

The trio get sent back to the present liked they'd never left, but Lydia's hairclips indicate it all really happened, and Ireena and Ginny are able to help Ard make peace with Lydia with her final words that they'd always be best friends. And Lydia's spirit even gives Ard a push so he can move on .
Old 2022-06-22, 10:09   Link #109
Alchemist007
*Author

Very middle of the road, things felt kind of rushed in the last arc though I can't say it was all that interesting to begin with, maybe if there was a bit more world building or interesting happenings it could've been something to see.

5/10
Old 2022-06-22, 15:30   Link #110
Magewolf

What was the point of the last arc? You are supposed to help your friends commit suicide if they really, really want to?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 23:22   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
What was the point of the last arc? You are supposed to help your friends commit suicide if they really, really want to?
I took it more as you can't change what's already happened to undo past regrets, just make peace with it and move on .
Old 2022-06-23, 07:27   Link #112
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I didn't take it as her wanting to kill herself. Rather, her death involved a whole lot more than he realized and was something that she herself accepted and felt fitting. She didn't want to kill herself or anything, she just didn't want there to be so much heartache and desperate fighting to stop what she saw as a fitting death for the perpetrator of such atrocities.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-23, 12:51   Link #113
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I took it more as you can't change what's already happened to undo past regrets, just make peace with it and move on .
That does seem to be what the last fight boiled down to but than why put it in an arc where you can change past events or at least keep the same events from happening in an alternate universe? It would make more sense in a timetravel arc where they can not actually change the past or one where Ard actually talks to Sylphy and Olivia about the past and why he ran away like a coward.
Old 2022-06-23, 13:37   Link #114
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I didn't take it as her wanting to kill herself. Rather, her death involved a whole lot more than he realized and was something that she herself accepted and felt fitting. She didn't want to kill herself or anything, she just didn't want there to be so much heartache and desperate fighting to stop what she saw as a fitting death for the perpetrator of such atrocities.
How does she know any of that? Even if she recognizes Ard right away (easy) where does all the other knowledge about her death come from? And is a suicidal person really who you should be taking advice from about whether they should live or die?
Old 2022-06-23, 16:32   Link #115
Tenzen12

Not masterpiece, but it's obvious author actually tried do something with story and characters on top of that it sort of worked. That's more that can be said about majority similiar shows (like that other demon lord in school anime).

I will give it 6,7/10
Old 2022-06-23, 16:56   Link #116
Frontier

Quote:
That does seem to be what the last fight boiled down to but than why put it in an arc where you can change past events or at least keep the same events from happening in an alternate universe? It would make more sense in a timetravel arc where they can not actually change the past or one where Ard actually talks to Sylphy and Olivia about the past and why he ran away like a coward.
I guess to give Ard the opportunity to really change the past and to see what he'd do with it.