Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-12-21, 08:16   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Looks like they switched back to film for this episode. Like Kanon I don't care much about Filip either. Drummer, on the other hand, .... Cara Gee appeared in a promo for this season. As a person she seemed the opposite of her on-screen persona. No accent and seemingly light-hearted and care free.
I said I don't care about Filip but I was still mad he got away with everything. He didn't protest that much about the cover-up either.

And yeah, Drummer is great. I hope she makes it out of this alive.
Old 2022-01-05, 08:33   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, it's pretty clear by now that despite this being the final season, they're writing it as if it were just another season, probably to leave the door open.

I have no idea what they're doing with Filip. At first I thought they were building up to him realizing his father is crazy and overthrowing him but he renewed his support in the latest episode (and he was completely sincere).

I don't expect the episode openers taking place on Laconia (?) to lead to anything, but it further proves they're hoping to continue the series. Kind of expect the series to end on a massive cliffhanger.
Old 2022-01-07, 10:36   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hard to believe the next episode, six, will end the season and the show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 18:10   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Hard to believe the next episode, six, will end the season and the show.
Indeed. I can't help but feel they're going to announce something after the show officially ends. Maybe a sequel in animated form like I suggested last year.
Old 2022-01-14, 16:59   Link #45
Blaat

So no new season nor spin-off sequel announcement, the ending was conclusive enough but with some dangling plots (like what happened with the proto-molecule and Laconia) still better than the average ending you get in anime where the manga is still ongoing.

Guess you'll have to read the novels to find out what happens next, I personally haven't read the final one yet but will do so in the near future.
Old 2022-01-14, 19:27   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It felt like they were teasing something with Holden listing all the loose ends at the very end of the episode. They could have also not included the Laconia opening sequences and it wouldn't have changed a thing since it ended up leading nowhere. I'm keeping hope there'll be an announcement at some point.

Regarding the events of the episode, every time one of the crew member was in danger, I expected them to die since it was the last episode (Clarissa, Bobbie, Amos), but they thankfully all ended up surviving. Too bad Clarissa only has 5 years left, but she had to pay for her crimes one way or another. As she herself said in an earlier episode, she did it to herself.

Marco's end was anti-climactic given how long that plotline dragged out, but at least it's over. Although I still don't like him, I'm glad Filip survived since dying that way would have meant all this time spent on him was wasted. I wish he had actually broken the mechanic guy out and taken him with him when he left the ship though. Dick move to escape by himself. It would have been nice for him to let Naomi know she didn't kill her son too, but I guess that's something that can happen later.

This season was a let-down. Only the Drummer scenes were truly great, the rest was more or less average.

Tags
expanse, scifi, space, syfy