AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-22, 12:56   Link #21
Blaat

Third episode was more fun, I'm also warming up to the cast now and so far the visuals still looks great.
Old 2021-08-22, 13:20   Link #22
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
This week's episode was pretty damn funny with Yukimaru being forced to stay on the ship...especially when we
learn this is THE USUAL ROUTINE for him

....also did you see how far he jumped back when she touched his hand? What a dork.
Old 2021-09-13, 08:25   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've found this to be pretty generic in a mildly pleasant sort of way, but #6 was quite a good episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-14, 16:43   Link #24
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I was confused, are there 2 pendants?
Old 2021-09-26, 13:07   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@ars99 -- There seem to be two. I'm confused, too. And does Fena now have the one the lord was seeming to offer her?

I'm not watching that many shows these past few years: this year only three, all of which I really like. Bokutachi no Remake, Kageki Shoujo, and this one, Kaizoku Oujo. Maybe in that order, but I do like this show quite a bit.

At first it seemed like a piece of fluff to me, but I have come to find more feeling in it. And the Production I.G. animation is wonderful...with a touch of background art learned from Shinkai Makoto? I loved the scenes in, above, and around the seemingly North African town.

One of the things that first attracted me was Yuuki Aoi having a role (Karin), and she is of course very skilful. But this week I was forcibly struck by the wonderful clarity of Seto Asami's voice (Fena, Chihayafuru). And also by the warmth and attractiveness of Suzuki Ryouta's (Yukimaru).

But Fena's beauty, innocence, dangerousness and frequent endangerment remain a main attraction. I somehow find her an easy character to identify with. Seto Asami's voice contributes to that. But perhaps it's mainly the fact that she is obviously someone special, with a magical background that still remains a mystery, especially to her herself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 12:39   Link #26
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Hey, I drew a rushed comic about episode 08; hope you get a laugh from it.

Please don't read it if you haven't watched up to episode 08 though (spoilers)

Spoiler:
Old 2021-10-31, 13:11   Link #27
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fena: Pirate Princess. Final Thoughts.

Kaizoku Oujo (a.k.a. Fena: Pirate Princess) is not my cup of tea.

Sadly, executing an in-depth plot was lacking for this show.

There were many questions left unanswered. I mean the whole purpose of Fena's journey was to not shirk away from her responsibilites as the maiden of choice? and then having her memory wiped clean once fulfilling said role?

Where is the build-up that organically leads to the setup and the conclusion?

The climax went too easy for the protagonists with all tied knots having felt forced, inorganic, and unnatural to me; the ending was unearned, IMHO.

The only subplot that have potential to me was Abel's desire to stay by Helena's side, but that came and went by into oblivion without being mentioned ever again.

At the end, this show had some promise, but the potential was wasted outsourcing talent and promising potentials to Crunchyroll and other overseas companies, that do not have clear ideas how Japanese animators work with and execute context and story building in anime.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-01, 20:20   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty much agree with that. It started out alright but then went into warp drive and ended up kind of a mess. Could've used at least another cour but even then I'm not sure if these types of revelations were something I could've looked forward to.

6/10
Old 2021-11-09, 19:27   Link #29
Ghostfriendly

Best moment of the series in ep 12:

'I've got a magic sword, I've got a magic sword, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!'

This is one of three Imperial Regalia that cannot be seen by mortal eyes, and the guy is just waving around the sword Susanoo retrieved from the body of the eight-headed dragon, with true piratical pride!

The plot of this series wasn't much, but I've certainly seen worse executed ones; for a Gainax ending, matters were developed and wrapped up quite satisfactorily, since there wasn't an excessive amount to wrap up or develop. It reminded me considerably of Madlax, if anyone else enjoyed that show.

This was a show about visuals and characters. The samurai seven, especially the twins, were a most merry and appealing bunch. Abel was an effectively threatening and obsessive villain; someone who asks the girl who's going to get burnt at stake how she could possibly have left him really captures the spirit of evil love. Making your gang of female pirates, named after historic female pirates, in fact, a bunch of embarrassing incompetents...was very poor, but oh well. Fena herself makes no pretence of being a competent action girl, but plays the role of the destined fairytale princess, directing her followers with heart and will, better than many, many other female characters in shows like Aldnoah.Zero, Eighty Six or Iron Blood Orphans. Overall, a solid 6/10.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, pirate