AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-18, 03:13   Link #61
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It depends on whether the condition is "the other has to believe his ability is telepathy", or just "the other has to believe he can perform telepathy".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 13:05   Link #62
Frontier

Common sense dictates that it wouldn't be smart to go in and try to save Shirisagi...but Yuuri's not smart and she's too good a person for her own good, so she goes in there to save him anyways. And she ropes in Akira because he's her partner and he still needs her. And then she randomly transforms into CG Yuuri .

Well, Akira and Yuuri finally put their dynamic into action as Yuuri fervently thinks Akira has...durability? So he can survive the mummies attack and hit it with the cannon. Not that it finishes it .

Yuuri hugging Akira! And then their faces were so close like they were about to kiss. Even Akira seemed a little thrown off by it .

Mion's ready to escalate things, so she pits Team Green and Team Red against each other in a proper deathmatch, and the loser ends up getting their whole team wiped out. I mean, obviously Team Green has a bunch of innocent people involved, but are we okay with everyone in Team Red dying? Does that count the slaves ?

Yuuri's shower scene may have blurred out practically everything, but she does have a nice body. And those boobs are humongous! Plus her wet hair look with her bangs tied up was pretty nice too .

I'm glad Kumagiri joined Team Green. I think he'll be a great fit there .

So the reason Ringo is so fascinated by Akira is because he beat her in an online debate game and she became enamored with his online handle, and now she finally gets to meet him...and her being so flustered and awkward in talking with him was adorable. Of course things get tense when she talks about knowing what his real ability is, but she wants to use that and the reveal of her own power to get him to partner up with her. Looks like Yuuri has a rival for Akira in both combat and love. Akira even gave Ringo a kabedon .

I see Ringo is now sleeping with another girl instead of Akira, which makes sense. And in lieu of lack of PJ's she's sleeping in just her shirt, with the top unbuttoned to show off some cleavage. I'm kind of surprised she answered the door like that and didn't mind Akira seeing her, but then again it didn't throw him off either so I guess these two are just that comfortable at this point .

We meet more of Team Red as they prepare for the big battle...like Renka, who is voiced by Yukari Tamura and is pretty much what you would expect from a Yukari Tamura character, positioning themselves as the true Queen of Team Red and jealous of the attention Rin gets. Although Rin called them "Renka-kun" so is Renka a crossdresser? And then we see the old man skateboarder who can eradicate stuff and the sadistic samurai. It looks like it won't be easy for Team Green .

Team Red has a spy? I wonder who it is ?
Old 2021-08-23, 14:42   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While I like Ringo I think she could cause way more problems than she's going to help solve in the short term. I do get her being a fan of Akira in the past and logically she can't do much with her ability by itself. So she is a huge cheat if pulled in as an ally. At the same time she's really good at setting off Akira's danger sense. He could take his time trusting Yuuri and really she's not that hard to handle. But in this case there's no time for trust before his actual ability is revealed. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if his first plan was to get her killed.

I'm just worried that she's going to create doubts in Yuuri when they really can't afford to slip up right now. The Red Team is stacked with elites. Adding Kumagiri is nice and he's a reliable force. But the other side is just pulling in a lot more than just one good fighter.

At the very least I do appreciate Yuuri doing what she feels is right. It is true that being careful and cautious is a good way to survive. But I get that she doesn't like the cold logic that leads to rationalizing out the deaths of others. Which certainly makes her an interesting person to pair up with a very logical person in Akira.

Guess we'll see how this plays out...
Old 2021-08-23, 16:31   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While I like Ringo I think she could cause way more problems than she's going to help solve in the short term.
I agree, mostly because she seems intent on adding a love triangle on top of the shit they're already all in.
Old 2021-08-30, 13:15   Link #65
Frontier

Akira just can't help making Yuuri a blushing mess. It's pretty cute .

Turns out Yuuri might be the only one who can manage her power effectively since she relies so much on pure instinct, like an animal. Sometimes it pays to go with your gut .

Well, it's good to see Akira trusts Yuuri and was straight with her about Ringo, especially when Yuuri is concerned about what's going on between those two, although it seems like there's still some simmering tension there .

So Yuuri can give Akira teleportation (which they used last episode) and let him transform into anyone she can think of, with a complete physical and vocal transformation. That seems pretty useful .

Akira tries to make an appeal to Blue Team for help, right down to paying for them, but Blue Team Leader is a shrewd and cautious guy...he also knows his Best Girls as he notices how cute Yuuri is, especially in the chest department. Although he also has a babe right next to him .

I love how Yuuri and Akira didn't even notice Kirisaki was there the whole time and aren't too worked up about him joining Team Red to take Akira out. I mean, dude's lost all his significant fights, why would it be any different this time around ?

Everyone keeps assuming Akira and Yuuri are knocking boots...although Yuuri might not mind that at this point .

Well, it's the night before the final battle. What better time to have a nice barbecue and enjoy team camaraderie ?

So Asuka is the baby's mom and fighting to protect her child? So she's a definite MILF. And Katsuya was about to confess to her before they were interrupted, so points to him, although I assume that baby also has a daddy back in the real world so...

I want to see the person who would use up 100 points just to know Mion's three sizes .

Poor Asuka got the raw deal by being the first of Team Red to encounter Oogami as he steps into the battle, because he's the forward charging kind of king, and while her power to change the weight of her sword is useful, it can't hold a candle to Oogami's raw power .

And then team Red start cutting through Team Green without much effort. Even Kumagiri loses a hand to the dealer guy, and it looks like Akira is going to fight Rin. The next episode preview also makes it look like Kirisaki will fight the samurai guy to protect Akira while Yuuri takes on Oogami for revenge on what happened to Asuka .
Old 2021-08-30, 19:54   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I do hope that someday Yuuri won't get caught up in misinterpreting Akira's words. At some point she should probably think he isn't asking her out into the woods to make-out . But I suppose that kind of instinctive...less rational side of her is part of why her ability suits her so well. So I guess that's just how it goes.

Maybe this episode was an attempt to cover for a very obvious weakpoint to the story. If Yuuri can imagine just about any ability...Akira could probably come up with something that would let him take down Mion right now and avoid all this trouble. I can't imagine a game master like him can't think of any ability that would let him end all of this right now.

At least they did try to cover the situation with Ringo which is good. And thankfully they aren't trying to do something stupid like keep Yuuri completely in the dark. Just in the dark as much as can be allowed. It would have been nice to actually see that interaction with Yuuri and Ringo that would establish her report to Akira. But oh well. Let's just presume that went well or they'll cover it in a flashback later.

Will be interesting next week to see the battle plan that Akira came up with. One would think all that strategizing will pay off in some way. Although I have zero doubts that the other side also realized where they'd be fighting and was ready for this location.

I'm surprised that Akira would have Yuuri separate from him. Although I suppose it's possible she just ran off to face Oogami without a plan. She is the key to Akira having abilities that he can swap at a moment's notice.

Good episode overall.
Old 2021-09-01, 12:25   Link #67
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 05:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-01, 13:54   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ringo has a great butt. Just have to remind yourself she's a third year in high school .

(I want more Yuuri fanservice ).
Old 2021-09-06, 13:06   Link #69
Frontier

So it turns Akira and Rin have made a deal and make an exchange of information and favors, although Akira is still obviously wary of Rin, even if she seems like she wants to join his growing Harem of associates and claims they're the same in terms of manipulating and using people to survive and get ahead in the death game, a comparison Akira definitely doesn't seem comfortable with .

Kumagiri had the bad luck of coming up against a guy who can shrink anything he touches, and he uses a thin wire to remain in physical contact so he can keep shrinking, and Kumagiri loses a hand when his cuff shrinks. Will this be what drives Kumagiri to finally use his ability? Does the cuff's negation effect still work when there aren't two of them? Will Halkera come in to back him up ?

Yuuri finally arrives in time to save Asuka from Oogami, and she's not about to let a child be orphaned and lose a mother that actually cares for them (especially given her own family) issues as she takes on Oogami. It turns into a CGI brawl as they both turn into CGI and start wailing on each other, with Yuuri using her agility to gain advantage, but ultimately she's following Akira's strategy and uses Oogami's tactics against her so she can go all Ora Ora Ora on him...too bad that wasn't enough to finish him .

Thanks to Ringo, Green Team were able to discover the spy and capture him, and she's using kindness and her massive crush on Akira/Key to get him to talk...but then it turns out there was another spy and it's that kindly old lady, and it looks like Ringo will have to fight her in the next episode .

We flashback to Yuuri immediately wanting to go save Asuka, but Akira wants to remain strategic and keep Yuuri around because he needs her for his plans, and Yuuri finally starts to suspect that Akira only sees her as a tool and is just using her, right down to having Ringo as someone else he can use when Yuuri's not around. She doesn't want to believe it, because she wants to believe Akira cares about her like she cares for him and everyone else on Team Green, and in fact we see that even with Akira still insistent he's just fighting to clear the game, he gets emotional thinking about Yuuri and Team Green. It seems like Akira is slowly changing .

C'mon, not Kirisaki again...although then the other samurai guy turns up and it turns out Akira had Rin call him so he could manipulate Kirisaki's rivalry with him to get Kirisaki to back him up, which is such an Akira move. And Kirisaki finally wins a fight, although it's only with Akira's help .

Nun girl uses the last of her power to snap Renka's neck, but that's not enough to actually kill her, although Rin turns up to finish the job because she feels like she and Renka were eventually going to try and kill each other at some point so she may as well get it done now. And then we find out Rin's ability is to make weapons out of her bodily fluids (is there anything about this woman that isn't lewd?) which can pop out from her body and her blood, and she uses that to take Renka out after realizing the body is just a doll for her real user, some dude in a box that was carried around by someone else who turned the tanks and choppers into weapons. Rin kills both of them and makes sure to secure her safety no matter who wins. She really is an Iron Maiden made flesh .

She mostly just appears in the next episode previews, but I'm really starting to feel bad for Yang having to put up with Mion all the time...especially if she was honest about selling her underwear online .
Old 2021-09-06, 16:23   Link #70
Tenzen12

Akira is as smart as he supposed to. He got two generals eliminated by their own people and yeah that's probably only way they can win...
Old 2021-09-06, 22:12   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The animation took a bit of a hit here. That fight between Yuuri and Oogami was just ugly. I don't necessarily mind that they went CGI there. Although I don't think it was necessary to. But it was pretty bad CGI. It felt like a couple of puppets whaling away at each other. Incredibly ironic I suppose considering that there was actually a puppet user.

At least there was some good stuff here. The Yuuri and Akira drama was good and frankly necessary. While I can guess at Akira's life to this point, there has to be a limit to him treating everything as an asset in a bigger game. Of course Yuuri wasn't wrong to doubt Akira in that sense since he has mostly just been using her. And if he's going to only use her in that sense then at times it will blow up on him since she doesn't work based off his logic. Of course it is that part of her that made him able to trust her ahead of someone like Ringo. Who would be a better asset in that she's more logic focused and idolizes him. Regardless, this should help his character grow a bit.

At least the Nun girl and some of the others might just be passed out instead of dead. So there's some hope there. At least we got a good look at Rin's ability and everything is explained. Although I still have some issues. I just don't buy that her hand gesture killed that guy back in episode 3. The explanation is that she threw sweat towards him, turned them into blades, and killed him. But that lazy hand motion couldn't have possibly thrown anything with the velocity to hit a guy that far away. At least in this episode there was some decent motion with her hands to fling the blood. Although even that probably wouldn't be enough in all honesty. But it's more believable. But I'm being way too picky about this so I'll drop it here .

I suppose in a sense Akira and Rin are good compatriots. Using each other to secure a way forward. Although Rin is even better at it since she's turned this war into a win/win situation. So long as she doesn't get killed she can't lose the conflict.

Kumagiri is a good guy and hopefully he'll be ok. Although losing a hand is pretty bad. I'm sure he'll find a way to turn this around.
Old 2021-09-13, 13:04   Link #72
Frontier

Kumagiri is getting eviscerated by shrinking guy and it looks like it's over for him against such a sadistic killer...and then Hakera comes in and tackles him to help Kumagiri, which leads Kumagiri to resolve his emotional trauma over his wrestler older brother's death (said older brother's organ donation saving Kumagiri from the accident that killed his brother) and resolve to finally use his power. Which transforms him into this hulking, invincible, knight that absolutely thrashes the bad guy. It was a pretty epic way of finally showing off Kumaigiri's Diamondhand .

Katsuya used to be nothing but a thug before he found a new place alongside Team Green, but that's not going to save him against skateboard grandpa and his melting powers...luckily Akira shows up and tells him to go after Asuka, and it turns out Akira deliberately let it get out that his ability isn't the canon so that piece of disinformation would leave enough ambiguity for him to trick people into what his power is. And so he tricks skateboard grandpa into thinking he has an invisible sword gramps can't guard against with his melting hands and Akira properly slays him .

Momoko is actually Kuroiwa and Oogami's mother? Or is it just like foster mother? They have different last names so I don't think they're brothers or family in the traditional sense. The flashback made her look like a preschool teacher so did she just know them as kids and imprint on them as if they were her own kids? And that's why she took the abuse they went through so personally? I mean, she definitely seems to have a twisted obsession with being a mother when she threatens to kill poor baby Taro and says she'll raise him once everybody else is dead .

Is Shirasagi actually dead? I hope not. Dude didn't deserve to go out like that. I guess we're lucky Team Green had enough sense not to make Shirasagi the obvious king...but is it Akira? Or is there another twist ?

Ringo won't let Momoko abscond with Taro and screw them over again so she finally finds the resolve, with some help from Akira, to use her power and realize it's not just one-tenth of another person's power she's utilizing, it's basically adapting and transforming the power to suit her. So instead of a cannon like Momoko has she ends up with a machinegun .

Ringo is almost an Akira level of planner as she planned out how to take down Momoko the second she had Momoko set Taro down...all those widespread shots, letting Momoko get in close to attack her, all of it played into her strategy. And even when it seemed like Ringo let her guard down after Momoko conceded, she was fully prepared for Momoko to still come after her and made sure to finish the job .

Akira uses what points Team Green had gathered to find Kuroiwa, and he made sure Kumagiri and Kirisaki were there to backup Yuuri against Oogami, and it seems like things have completely turned around...at least until Kuroiwa reveals he's had his slave bodyguards surrounding him the whole time, so Akira will have to get through that. It also probably won't be easy taking Oogami down .

I love how Akira made sure Kumagiri told Yuuri he wanted to apologize. I don't think the old Akira would've done that, especially because I think he genuinely wants to apologize to her .
Old 2021-09-13, 22:33   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is kind of too bad that Kumagiri only found his resolve to use that ability after taking such severe damage. But I get it. It was a good setup and good on that girl for leaping into the fight to help give him that motivation.

I suppose that crazy lady could have been a worker at an orphanage or something. That would explain the brotherly bond between those guys and how she ended up treating them like her own children. Although who knows, could be completely off base here. Regardless though, that cannon really is more common of an ability than you'd think.

Certainly Ringo's ability is a bit more interesting than one would initially think. Although it was also pretty good as a scouter. I still don't think copying the invincibility ability would do anything, but in general it is a pretty curious power.

While it seems like Akira is in a tight spot, I'm sure this is still all playing into his plan. Much as those guys would like to think the main cast has underestimated them, I doubt that is the case. At least Akira is aware that he will definitely need to apologize to Yuuri. Again not sure if it's genuine or just him trying to make sure that asset isn't lost. Guess we'll see when they do meet up after this.
Old 2021-09-20, 13:04   Link #74
Frontier

Kuroiwa turns out to have a pretty twisted power, able to exact slaves and bind people just from the smallest of obligations or debts that they feel to him that he manipulates them into...and he also had the rest of Ringo's team with him. Poor Saeko .

Kuroiwa thinks he's utterly outplayed Akira...only for it turn out Akira had planned on this the whole time and had it set up from the beginning, right when the supposed escapee "leaked" his power, which was really him transformed and gave him the perfect chance to set up all of Team Red's defeats from that moment on by figuring out their was a spy and how to use Rin to his advantage. Akira totally got Kuroiwa in check .

And in-between all this cold and efficient calculated planning, Akira makes sure to use Shirisagi's powers to finish Kuroiwa once he realized what had happened. Why? Because he took it personally that they harmed Shirisagi, because Yuuri is finally starting to get him to care about others and not just see them as pawns in this game .

Turns out Oogami isn't just a tough guy, when he's really angry or in pain he gets all existential and goes into an unstoppable rage, and then he quickly takes out Kirisaki and Kumagiri and leaves Yuuri with a broken arm .

Kuroiwa and Oogami are both utter pieces of trash...but once they were just innocent kids living at an orphanage, dreaming of a kingdom where they could belong, all the while getting abused by the head of the orphanage behind closed doors. And eventually the abuse and demeaning insults got to go far enough that Oogami lost it and assaulted the guy. It doesn't justify any of what Kuroiwa and Oogami have done as adults justified, but even I have to feel bad for what they went through and having only each other to rely on for so long .

And to match that we have Yuuri, who herself knows what it's like to come from a broken home and have to cope with physical and emotional trauma foisted on by the adults who are supposed to take care of you. It's why she's desperate to get back to Riria. But Yuuri's not going to say that pain or abuse was just random chance or had no meaning, and it doesn't justify hurting others maliciously, and she's going to take that resolve to finally finish off Oogami .

It's the final episode preview and Mion stays serious the whole time. Only to reveal to Yang that, yes, she was messing with her the whole series .
Old 2021-09-20, 20:47   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

As expected Akira did have things figured out. That didn't make it boring to see him turn the tables, it was just pretty expected for him .

Still, it was a nice bone thrown to the audience that Akira is changing due to his connection with Yuuri. That's a nice thing to have tossed in. That he could have tackled things with Kuroiwa in a few ways but decided to settle it with the deceased Leader's power. Obviously there is only so much to expect with what is left of the show. But it was good to see that Akira is honestly changing and Yuuri is a big part of that.

Oogami having a rage mode isn't a total shock. But it is pretty effective. It's not related to his power directly, but in some ways it explains why he has that power. A very instinctive person and when he snaps...oh boy he snaps. Of course Yuuri has plenty of reasons to win and you can bet she's not going down that easily.
Old 2021-09-27, 13:07   Link #76
Frontier

Yuuri takes the emotional abuse she's endured and survived to meet Oogami head-on, punch for punch, and even when she breaks her left arm, she doesn't give up and keeps fighting. She wasn't there to help Oogami through the abuse and trauma he endured as a child, but she'll answer his experiences by fighting till the bitter end and settle this with one punch .

Which is how it should have ended...had Kuroiwa not outplayed Akira in the end, having had slaves racking up enough points for him to use his real phone to lock Yuuri's ability, preventing her from finishing Oogami off. And he managed to distract Akira by making him focus on saving Yuuri. Kuroiwa is scum and I'm not sad to see him die, but he definitely showed his guile and loyalty to Oogami to the bitter end .

Ugh. Did Oogami have to slap Yuuri to get her conscious? Especially with how hard it looked like he slapped her .

Akira decides to face Oogami head-on, and despite it not being necessary, Oogami takes the challenge because he wants to avenge Kuroiwa. Luckily Yuuri taught him how to punch and they came up with an ability for Akira to double his punching powers in one hit so Akira can finish off Oogami, so in a way Akira and Yuuri managed to take him down together, although not before Oogami stands up and expresses his desire for Yuuri to make sure Riria is okay .

Team Green manages to win, and then suddenly a bunch of guys in suits show up applauding and to give Akira's team medical attention. That was oddly nice of Mion .

Oh hey, Asuka is alive! And Shirisagi! And of course Rin is fine, just waiting for this to be over because she knows she's good either way .

I'm glad Akira managed to apologize to Yuuri after everything, and even despite her suspicious Yuuri still believed in him, and he was there for her .

So, yeah, Otomo has come to collect on what Akira offered him, and Akira should definitely not underestimate him. Is Otomo's power really the cannon or is it the same as Akira's and he just had Akira think of it as the cannon? It seems like Otomo wants to take Mion down and plans to use Akira as a means of accomplishing that .

I was confused about the ending for a second before it turned out that apparently a select few got transported back to Tokyo as if nothing had happened, only with the marks of their cuffs still showing on their skin, although it seems like some of Team Green might still be in that battle area considering they're realizing Yuuri and Akira are gone? I guess they didn't get to move on to the next stage ?

Wait, Akira's dad was a participant the whole time? At least that was my takeaway on that business suit guy turning up in Akira's apartment .

So the show ends with everyone going back to their normal lives...Kirisaki is training with his sword, Ringo is back in class, Kumagiri is back to wrestling, Rin is leaving what seems to be a murder scene (take from that what you will), while Akira is still focused on completing the game...but finds himself drawn to Yuuri, who cries tears and hugs him upon them being reunited. I love how Yuuri wanted to get in close with him like they were really on a date like the rest of the couples there, and Mion is there spying on them like she's peeping on their date .

I think that's the first time I've seen a show end on a recap of all the next episode previews, but it fits Mion and Yang's dynamic quite well .
Old 2021-09-27, 17:20   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's "nice" that they regrew the wrestler's missing bits, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wait, Akira's dad was a participant the whole time? At least that was my takeaway on that business suit guy turning up in Akira's apartment .
I thought it was just another player who'd found Akira's apartment and was about to take advantage of it to ambush or spy on him, but you're probably right.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-09-28 at 00:18.
Old 2021-09-27, 19:56   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The scale of the conspiracy only grows at this point. That they can have this fourth program take place outside of a closed space certainly reflects the power and influence of Mion's backers. But that's just something to consider for the future. The ending kind of leaned towards a sequel, but this feels like the kind of show that is one and done.

Kind of nice that things have worked out ok for Yuuri and Akira. Thankfully with the next stage happening out in the open that should have allowed Yuuri to go home. And it seems like their relationship is actually starting to find a legitimate foundation. Plenty of road for them to walk, but it is going somewhere.

Seems a given that Otomo has the same ability as Akira. He set him up far too effectively. Plus there's no way this guy's ability is something as simple as a cannon. No reason to think that Akira is the first and only person with that ability. It's possible that it's slightly different for the sake of variety. But I'm completely certain it is basically the same thing.

The show definitely wasn't bad. Although every fight with Oogami was pretty terrible. Everything else was pretty solid. If they ever made another season I'd probably check it out.
Old 2021-09-27, 22:24   Link #79
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, super powers