AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-02-13, 20:54   Link #1
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Anime/Manga/Novel where the Protagonist is dead?

Hello!
So, my sister and I were talking about how Kamen Rider Ghost is a lot like an anime, and so I wondered if there were actually any with a similar premise, involving the protagonist being dead and fighting for a chance to come back to life?
For the record, I’d rather not count anything harem-y or like an isekai, as I’ve seen rather a lot lately, and want a detox! Love Triangles might be okay though.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-14, 04:14   Link #2
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

If I remember correctly, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas has something like that. Maybe you could even count Full Metal Alchemist, where one of the protagonists is only an affixed soul that wants his body back. Also Monogatari Series has some of that somewhere in there.
Old 2021-02-14, 19:12   Link #3
BWTraveller
Born to ship

First thing I thought of was Yu Yu Hakusho, but that's only the prologue leading to him gaining his powers and job.

In a sense Shakugan no Shana also has a protagonist who's "dead" (or in this case, had his existence consumed and the MC is really just an "object" put there to hold the place and keep the repercussions of his disappearance from being too big). He doesn't really aim to come back though, although early on he is afraid of fading and disappearing. Doesn't have a harem per se. Mild love triangle between the main heroine and a classmate, maybe one or two other girls with some interest who are never able to even get close enough for that, but mostly it's all about the main pair.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 04:49   Link #4
Lex79

The Unwanted Undead Adventurer.
Synopsis: It's been ten years since Rentt Faina, a down-on-his luck Bronze-class adventurer, set his eyes on becoming Mithril-class. Unfortunately, Rentt finds himself helpless when confronted by a legendary Dragon in the Labyrinth of the Moon's Reflection...and is summarily eaten. But Rentt has miraculously reawakened...as a Skeleton?!
Old 2021-08-17, 07:21   Link #5
marymclean

I recently discovered a new anime where the main character dies from a demon living inside him is Jujutsu Kaisen
marymclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-24, 09:10   Link #6
LimbAmbir

"I recently discovered a new anime where the main character dies from a demon living inside him is Jujutsu Kaisen. I'm in the fourth episode, which is where it all begins. And I'm insanely curious how it ends. Anyway, I've watched enough of the titles already, as my friends do, we do a Weeb quiz from time to time. My friends are avid anime fans, so it's important for us to always remember our favorite characters. But it would be cooler if new people joined our circle. That's why I don't mind anime fans to join us, too."
LimbAmbir is offline   Reply With Quote