AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-08-12, 12:55   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Abandoned bastard protagonists

This's a character trope I've seen a few times. The main character is the product of an affair between a nobleman or wealthy businessman and a woman who's far below his station, and the father refuses to acknowledge him. At best he'll be used for whatever skills he has. Often this rejection will culminate with something like the character begging his father for money to heal his mother when she becomes deathly sick, and the father refusing to acknowledge any connection or obligation.

I've seen this in one or two hentai for one reason or another (one where he "inherits" a harem who adore the man he despises and the other as a motivation for the "hero" to destroy everything related to the man), but outside of that the only case I know in normal anime/manga/LNs is a side character in Sacred Blacksmith, who is present in a brief arc hiding with the heroine while waiting for her father to answer a plea for aid, and when her father won't recognize her she has to take off. It feels like this'd be a good background for a main character though, something that could create some very interesting conflict. Thus, I was wondering if there are any normal works where the main character fits this scenario.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-13, 03:22   Link #2
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Yes, I watched a plot point like that in the past couple of years from a then newly released anime, but I didn't like it and forgot its name, sorry. I tried looking it up in my anime list through tags, but no luck. Maybe it was Princess Principal, but I don't remember for sure.

If reading is fine, there's A Returner's Magic Should be Special where one of the protagonists has a backstory like that. But it's not very important.