AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-07-24, 11:57   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Series with a monotheistic religion as the good side

Most of the time, when an anime or manga has a religion in it, particularly monotheistic ones or ones that resemble Christianity, that religion is usually seen as evil or oppressive. I was wondering if there were any where this is not the case. Either an organized/monotheistic religion is actually found to be legitimately good, real, well-meaning etc., or if there is villainy within said religion it's proven to be a result of individuals within the "church" who used it for their own ends or twist it to something that goes against the God's teachings, and when said villains are eliminated it becomes possible for the "church" to become a positive place.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 18:59   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think Chrono Crusade depicted the religious organization in a pretty good light overall:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-07-29, 14:47   Link #3
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Saint Onii-san? I guess the only reason to thematize religion would be if it was an evil influence. Otherwise it just stays in the background and doesn't matter all that much. Even if a protagonist is a nun, like in Ichi Pound no Fukuin.

There is stuff like To Aru Index, where the church is just another faction and not necessarily bad or good. But not sure if that kind of fantasy stuff is what you're looking for here.
Old 2021-07-30, 01:59   Link #4
Tuor

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the one in the Twelve Kingdoms. The gods there are respected by everyone and there's no religion in competition with them.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote