AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-20, 19:35   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Come on...! How many times are we gonna do this "Get your hopes up but everyone except the protagonist dies anyways" thing?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 20:44   Link #42
Kazu-kun

So, I put this on hold after episode 5 to wait and see what would happen to Asahi. Now it looks like they killed her off after all so I'm dropping it for good. Cheers.
Old 2021-06-08, 17:20   Link #43
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So, I put this on hold after episode 5 to wait and see what would happen to Asahi. Now it looks like they killed her off after all so I'm dropping it for good. Cheers.
This age nicely after today episode
Old 2021-06-08, 22:39   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

Magically got better because of a med school student...ok.
Old 2021-06-08, 23:17   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
This age nicely after today episode
I'm assuming you mean ep 10?
Spoiler for ep10:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-06-09, 17:11   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ep11's giving me Déjà vu.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 13:11   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

While visually impressive, and with adequate voice acting, the narrative was whatever.

6/10.
Old 2021-06-16, 23:05   Link #48
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

That had to be one of the most infuriating series I've ever seen. In the end, I'm a lot more interested in the story set up by the final two-minute epilogue than in the twelve-part crapstorm that preceded it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 00:31   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nice enough to be watched to the end, but only just.
Old 2021-06-22, 20:01   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Old 2021-06-23, 00:34   Link #51
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

So I dropped this around episode 3. Is there anything after that worth watching? Just wondering because the characters really bored me to death.
Old 2021-06-23, 01:10   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
So I dropped this around episode 3. Is there anything after that worth watching? Just wondering because the characters really bored me to death.
I don't think it's worth picking up again if you dropped it. The characters don't really get better.
Old 2021-06-23, 18:12   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't really think the characters change that dynamically (not really a bad thing, though if you didn't like them before, it might not change, though you do learn more about them).
The story is okay, not amazing, but not bad.

Old 2021-06-27, 21:37   Link #54
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episodes 5-8: What happens when a person has finally fulfilled its revenge? That's what Sawa has to deal with on top of seeing her older brother die in front of her. As Tsuki had commented, she has lost her touch in the process. Meanwhile, Tsuki herself had to deal with her own mission of obtaining vital intel (about the government, perhaps), but the painkillers she was taking, along with what seems to be Tsuki's blooming feelings towards Sawa, caused her to be delusional to the point of becoming a blue-blooded just for Sawa to "return" to Yukimura, a complete opposite to Tsuki's plan of making sure that Yukimura would have an escape route from the killing she has to do.

Sawa being exposed to overlapping feelings of grief and pain is, in itself, a pain to see. But it seems that Jin has plans to end things once and for all, and he has been planning this from the very start. This means that Asahi may as well be alive just like Hanakaze. Let's hope that nobody has to contribute to Sawa's pain anymore. She deserves an actual break from all of this.

Episodes 9-12: And to think that the twists have stopped and we're on a falling action to the end. Nope, we trusted Jin only to find out that he was actually the one behind the massacre of the Karasumori clan, but we also learned of the context behind this. And now, Jin went on his own march to exact his vengeance to the Shogunate. Turns out the Shogunate was doomed to die a slow death as the Dragon Vein is not an endless energy source and the Shogunate has just killed their only key to finding more. No wonder Jin was pissed about this development. He was so close to finding the target of his vengeance killed by the mob instead of by his hand.

And with the Shogunate gone and her only links to her dark past gone, Sawa can live peacefully now... right? Turns out that her turn to the grave is now up. It is quite saddening to see Sawa unable to fulfill her promise to Asahi as well as fail to rid herself of the cycle of vengeance. And now, with Sawa's blue blood in Asahi's veins, the vengeance begins once again.

Final Thoughts: Sawa's story of revenge was painful and bittersweet. I personally feel like my guts were being wrung every time Sawa experiences heartbreak. You can't even find something good about this either. There's just anguish along the way. Worse, with Asahi getting Sawa's blood, it only puts her at the same spotlight as the Karasumori clan, not to mention that she's treading the same road of vengeance Sawa trod long long ago. Two graves await, as our Hell Girl warns.

And thus the Path of Asura opens anew.

ENTRY #410 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2021-06-28 at 04:00.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history