AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-01-24, 20:20   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Romantic relationships involving a boy helping a girl save/free herself

A sort of twist on the "rescue romance" concept. I was wondering if there are any stories out there in which, instead of a boy directly saving a girl, instead he helps her to gain the power, confidence, independence, etc. to stand up to those that are abusing or controlling her and fight for her own freedom. Also good are stories where the guy helps the girl to realize some hidden truth, like if the girl is being tricked into helping bad people and the guy helps her to see them for who they really are and break free.

It doesn't have to be something huge, and it doesn't have to cover the whole story, just something that plays a part in the development of the romance. For example, take March Comes in Like a Lion. In that one, Hinata begins to suffer from bullying for trying to oppose said bullies' persecution of her best friend. She nearly shuts down on many occasions, and Rei is always there supporting her, giving her comfort when she needs it and strength and confidence as well, helping her to recognize that she's not alone and ultimately playing a big role in giving her enough strength to stand up to the bullies and hold through until the situation's finally resolved.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-01-24 at 20:46.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 17:34   Link #2
myopius

I think Magi might quality.
Spoiler for Light spoilers about who it is, and the fact that they qualify i.e. the fact there's romance later: