AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-12-09, 16:35   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not a real problem in that it doesn't impact the bottom line, which is what the production committee cares about.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-09, 20:02   Link #102
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not a real problem in that it doesn't impact the bottom line, which is what the production committee cares about.
Honestly speaking, with the amount of coffees they open to fans and the use of the series brand in advertising materials, that alone should be enough for the production committee. It is possible to notice that the quality of the series is improving with each season.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 22:26   Link #103
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Speaking of Ainu food, I found this interesting tidbit:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ainu-restaurants

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 12:55   Link #104
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hinna, hinna!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 16:45   Link #105
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sugimoto sucking the blood out of the eye socket to protect Asirpa was incredible.

Even if Asirpa knows the key, they still don't have all the skins, right? Hijikata has some I think.The skins haven't really been an issue at all in this season. They did all meet and talk about cooperating once after the prison break as I recall.

Still I haven't seen anyone make an inventory lately. I still think there are parts of the puzzle traveling around out there. Hope none of them got to Russia and vanished into its great maw. Lot bigger place than Sakhalin.
Old 2020-12-14, 17:58   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Here was Trump's favorite episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Even if Asirpa knows the key, they still don't have all the skins, right?
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe if they have the key and enough skins, they can guess the rest.

I'm glad Sugimoto and Ashirpa were reunited at last. And that Ogata lost an eye.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 19:29   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A reunion full of blood, tears and... piss. Lots of piss. I thought only Gintama could get away with that sort of thing.

First time I've seen someone this happy to get an arrow in the eye. It was completely accidental though, so it's not like it would have proven his point if he had died. But that's not how Asirpa would have seen it, and I'm glad Sugimoto prevented her from getting blood on her hands. Curious to see where his character will go from there.
Old 2020-12-14, 22:04   Link #108
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there finely back together after such a long journey

Then theres Otonoshin and his weird yelling when killing
Old 2020-12-14, 22:39   Link #109
Wandering Soul

Sugimoto saving Ogata's life to prevent Asirpa from having blood on her hands was a great moment. That moment was then immediately followed up with covering everyone in piss. Never change Golden Kamuy.
Old 2020-12-17, 11:05   Link #110
Nostxlgia
Root

Overall it was a very good episode. Golden Kamuy never seems to bore me. It is slowly but surely becoming a classic!

The pissing scene had me laughing so hard..
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 17:49   Link #111
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You can sure count on Shiraishi bringing the gold to Golden Kamuy. XP

You know I was convinced that The Great Pretender would be my favourite show of 2020 over Golden Kamuy just for the sheer principle of it being a completed story. But after this episode, I'm really starting to waver. In that one episode, everything came together for 20minutes of pure holy-shittery.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 18:53   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You can sure count on Shiraishi bringing the gold to Golden Kamuy. XP

You know I was convinced that The Great Pretender would be my favourite show of 2020 over Golden Kamuy just for the sheer principle of it being a completed story. But after this episode, I'm really starting to waver. In that one episode, everything came together for 20minutes of pure holy-shittery.
There was a time I expected GP to be my AoTY but the last arc probably torpedoed that even before GK3 turned out to be as stellar as it has.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 13:43   Link #113
WingedAccelerator

No split cour announcement after the final episode unfortunately.

The season started with Chapter 140, ended with Chapter 200, but there are things that should be noted.
As I mentioned earlier, the second Hijikata group arc was skipped from Chapter 171-176.
After Sofia said her farewell to Kiroranke and the Sugimoto group wants to head back to Hokkaido, the manga switches to an arc with the 7th Division from Chapter 191-196. But inbetween the arc there are scenes with the Sugimoto group that got adapted, like Sugimoto's talk with Asirpa that ends the season, which happens way before Ogata escapes and the scenes of them needing a doctor.
When Ogata points the gun at Koito and speaks russian, the manga enters a Koito flashback arc lasting for like 3.5 half chapters. The arc has significance, but they didn't have time to adapt it. Chronologically, the last scene from the manga is Ogata's Dances with Wolves horse escape and Sugimoto hoping he recovers so he can kill him.
The upcoming chapter of the manga is Chapter 263, so there is enough material for another season.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 19:19   Link #114
Dop
Mmmm....

Whoa, I can't wait for the next series to be announced as this show is absolutely EPIC and each season seems to build on that.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 19:38   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was truly a masterful season from beginning to end. My favorite episodes ended up being the ones featuring flashbacks, with the one involving Wilk and Tsurumi being my favorite.

As for the events of this episode.... Kiroranke's death made me feel sad. He was capable of being cold-hearted when needed, but he wasn't a bad man at heart. He proved it when he risked his life to save total strangers. And then there were his dying words. He was truly dedicated to his cause. It was expected from Asirpa, but I really liked that Shiraishi shed tears for him too.

One thing I thought was a bit iffy was Asirpa rushing to him to find out why he had her father killed, and she ended up talking about several things besides that and only asked him the question when he was already dead.

Ogata escaping was no surprise, but he keeps getting more and more mysterious. We have no idea what his true motives are, and now we find out he could speak Russian all along. Whose spy is he?

Sugimoto made the right choice not telling Asirpa about her father's wishes/plans for her. No need to burden her with that. Let her forge her own path.

They better made another season.
Old 2020-12-21, 20:14   Link #116
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-21, 21:27   Link #117
Wandering Soul

And so ends another great season of Golden Kamui. Hopefully, we get another one soon.

RIP Kiroranke. For all his flaws, he did have redeeming qualities like going out of his way for that group of strangers, and his respect for Sofia. He was also determined to see his goal fulfilled and truly believed it was best for Asirpa.

The mystery of Ogata deepens. He escaped (predictable), but he also revealed he can speak Russian. That guy is one hell of a wild card.
Old 2020-12-21, 21:48   Link #118
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I really dont think Ogata would die even if you killed him

7/10 Hopefully there will be a 4th season
Old 2020-12-22, 10:36   Link #119
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sugimoto and Asirpa's theme song: https://youtu.be/hhkkwxFiDTM?t=64
Old 2020-12-24, 02:19   Link #120
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Makes you wonder if everyone in the 7th speaks Russian to some degree.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical