AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-04-13, 00:28   Link #9721
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You sure we're reading the same High School DxD because my recollection of that moment is different.

Issei temporarily overwhelmed Vali. But it was nothing like you're describing. Vali was knocked to the ground but then got right back up after Bikou arrived.

You act like Vali was losing the fight when he really wasn't. You tend to overexaggerate things like this a lot.

Issei was well-matchec against Vali because he had Ascalon and Vali wasn't really taking him seriously. Azazel even said it himself.

It looked like Vali was going Juggernaut Drive out of respect for Issei's strength and getting fired up rather than him actually needing it to defeat Issei.

Well they didn't do anything because Sirzechs and Michael were maintaining the barrier around the school building. Azazel had lost his arm and had basically used his trump card in his fight against Katarea. And Serafall and Grayfia were doing nothing for whatever reason. Maybe they know not to interrupt a fight. If Vali had taken the fight very seriously(he seemed he was half-serious the entire time until he seemed to be so fired up that he was going to use Juggernaut Drive).
No, because you somehow read one where Vali comes out golden despite getting his ass handed to him. Vali was smashed into the dirt with Issei floating above him, and Bikou showed up because Vali was about to checkmate himself.

And the others were standing around because they wanted to see Issei fight Vali. They literally toss him a power-up ring and say "go at it".
Old 2019-04-13, 10:43   Link #9722
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No, because you somehow read one where Vali comes out golden despite getting his ass handed to him. Vali was smashed into the dirt with Issei floating above him, and Bikou showed up because Vali was about to checkmate himself.

And the others were standing around because they wanted to see Issei fight Vali. They literally toss him a power-up ring and say "go at it".
Vali smashed? He was almost no damaged while Issei's bracelet effect was about to end and Issei would have been a carpet to stomp.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 13:07   Link #9723
Rayzer

Quote:
That's not struggling. Struggling would be his fist fight with Sairong or battle with Cao Cao. He was never in any danger against Kiba.

Vali was in the dirt bleeding while his companions told him they needed to leave.

They didn't do anything because they wanted Issei to fight him and he didn't need any help.
So are you saying his fight against Kiba was easy? Also how was he not in danger? Kiba having Gram made it dangerous and every strike gave Issei intense pain and due to Kiba's speed, Issei couldn't avoid or counter him.

Vali got right back up as if it was no problem. The best Issei did was destroy his armor once which didn't matter as Vali shook it off in no time.

@Blazor98 No, Rias was more challenging as her abilities made it difficult for Issei. Unlike against Kiba, close combat wasn't even an option for Issei as Rias would just teleport away.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 14:16   Link #9724
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
So are you saying his fight against Kiba was easy? Also how was he not in danger? Kiba having Gram made it dangerous and every strike gave Issei intense pain and due to Kiba's speed, Issei couldn't avoid or counter him.

Vali got right back up as if it was no problem. The best Issei did was destroy his armor once which didn't matter as Vali shook it off in no time.

@Blazor98 No, Rias was more challenging as her abilities made it difficult for Issei. Unlike against Kiba, close combat wasn't even an option for Issei as Rias would just teleport away.
Kiba only managed to pierce him once, and that attack was basically a suicide charge. No, Issei was never in any danger.

Vali got smashed into the dirt and was literally vomiting blood. His response was "welp, time to JD"
Old 2019-04-13, 21:56   Link #9725
Rayzer

Quote:
Kiba only managed to pierce him once, and that attack was basically a suicide charge. No, Issei was never in any danger.

Vali got smashed into the dirt and was literally vomiting blood. His response was "welp, time to JD"
Are you ignoring the many hits that caused Issei to be in intense pain? These was before he pierced Issei's armor.

The only time Vali coughed up blood was when Issei shattered his armor to which Vali immediately repaired. After Issei knocked him down, Vali got back up as if it was nothing. Vali was clearly playing around with Issei to see how strong he could get.
Old 2019-04-13, 23:08   Link #9726
B214

@Xfire, to me Ise never did overwhelm or make Vali struggle in V4. If Bikou didn't pull Vali away, what do you think would be the final result considering Ise's BB was cancelled shortly after. To overwhelm means being able to defeat the opponent, can you really say Ise can beat Vali in V4.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 23:14   Link #9727
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Are you ignoring the many hits that caused Issei to be in intense pain? These was before he pierced Issei's armor.
Yes? They didn't break his armor and only caused pain because of the aura. Issei wasn't taking any actual damage.

Quote:
The only time Vali coughed up blood was when Issei shattered his armor to which Vali immediately repaired. After Issei knocked him down, Vali got back up as if it was nothing. Vali was clearly playing around with Issei to see how strong he could get.
Bruh.

This is Issei punching his face in for saying he'd kill his parents.

Quote:
I closed my left fist that was filled with Ascalon’s power, easily destroying Vali’s defences, including the gauntlets of both his arms, and thrust a blow to this abdomen. The white-shining Vanishing Dragon Scale Mail was not enough and shattered. Is this the Dragon Slaying power!? It was as if the opponent’s armour was made out of paper!

Goboh...

Fresh blood flew out from Vali’s mouth. He stepped back unsteadily while holding his abdomen. As blood poured down from the edge of his mouth, Vali smiled as if in joy.

“...Hahaha, amazing! My Sacred Gear was blown off! So you can do it if you try! Just what I would expect from my rival—”

Gan! My merciless straight entered into that guy’s face.

“...I made it reach and hit you. You’re the only one I won’t be satisfied with if my fist can’t hit you.” (!)
This is after Vali threatens his harems breasts...

Quote:
I got away from that spot and kicked Vali in the side as he flew!

“Fast! Have you exceeded me in speed!?”

“This is for Buchou’s breasts!”

A hit to Vali’s abdomen with my right fist! In my mind, Buchou’s breasts shook!

[Divide!!]

At the same time I activated the Hakuryuukou power I had just transplanted and felt the aura covering Vali decrease sharply.

“Guha!”

Vali spat out bile from his mouth! I continued attacking like that without interference!

“This is for Akeno-san’s breasts!”

A hit to the face! Alright! I completely broke his helmet! In my mind, Akeno-san’s breasts bounced!

“This is for Asia’s still growing breasts!”

The jets on his back from which his wings of light originated were destroyed! In my mind, Asia’s breasts grew!

“This is for Xenovia’s breasts!”

I vigorously kicked him high into the air! In my mind, Xenovia’s breasts were pleased!

“Finally! This is for Koneko-chan’s breasts that would disappear if they were halveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!”

I tackled him with extreme speed! In my mind, Koneko-chan’s breasts cried!

“Gahah!”

Vali vomited blood from my extreme tackle. Yeah, serves you right!

Dagan!

Vali struck the ground.
He literally wombo-comboes him into the dirt while puking blood.

Vali got his ass handed to him.
Old 2019-04-14, 05:16   Link #9728
Blazor 98

Quote:

Issei perverted moves was still effective against Balor Rias which ironically is the reason why he won. Or he simply could've outlasted her. Issei had multiple ways to beat Balor Rias. I mean sure, Balor Rias had troublesome.abilities but It's nothing Issei haven't seen before since he knows all too well about Gasper's abilities and knew what to do and not to do. Balor Rias had more limitations than you think. For example, because of stamina issues she couldn't use Gasper's abilities to summon monsters which could've helped her. Against Kiba, he needed to memorize his fighting habit to make an effective counter.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 06:21   Link #9729
Lucidrago

Quote:
Yes? They didn't break his armor and only caused pain because of the aura. Issei wasn't taking any actual damage.

Bruh.

This is Issei punching his face in for saying he'd kill his parents.

This is after Vali threatens his harems breasts...

He literally wombo-comboes him into the dirt while puking blood.

Vali got his ass handed to him.
You excluded the parts right after though. After Issei overloaded Vali's armor and punched him, Vali just put his armor back on and resumed the battle. After he hit the ground, he was getting fired up enough to use Juggernaut Drive.

Issei did damage to Vali. No one is denying that. You're just trying to spin it making it look like Issei was overwhelming him when he really wasn't. Vali really wasn't taking him seriously in that fight.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 08:19   Link #9730
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You excluded the parts right after though. After Issei overloaded Vali's armor and punched him, Vali just put his armor back on and resumed the battle. After he hit the ground, he was getting fired up enough to use Juggernaut Drive.

Issei did damage to Vali. No one is denying that. You're just trying to spin it making it look like Issei was overwhelming him when he really wasn't. Vali really wasn't taking him seriously in that fight.
Your statement was that he only drew blood once. My only reason for including the first section was to disprove that.

Issei took him by surprise using Ascalon when Vali threatened his parents. When Vali regenerated his armor from that, Issei grabbed the dividing gem.

Immediately following that is the boob threat, where Issei explicitly exceeds Vali physically and smashed his armor to pieces while making him puke blood.

Then Vali, against Albions warning of it being stupid and dangerous, goes for JD.

Vali got wrecked.
Old 2019-04-15, 08:15   Link #9731
B214

Quote:
Your statement was that he only drew blood once. My only reason for including the first section was to disprove that.

Issei took him by surprise using Ascalon when Vali threatened his parents. When Vali regenerated his armor from that, Issei grabbed the dividing gem.

Immediately following that is the boob threat, where Issei explicitly exceeds Vali physically and smashed his armor to pieces while making him puke blood.

Then Vali, against Albions warning of it being stupid and dangerous, goes for JD.

Vali got wrecked.
That's assuming if Ise can continue to fight after his BB got cancelled. Which clearly isn't the case, Ise was just powered by his anger, it's like adrenaline at best.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 11:33   Link #9732
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
That's assuming if Ise can continue to fight after his BB got cancelled. Which clearly isn't the case, Ise was just powered by his anger, it's like adrenaline at best.
Issei didn't run out until after Bikou and Albion ynaked on Vali's chain to get him away from the fight.
Old 2019-04-15, 16:19   Link #9733
godz

The cathedral of notre dame is burning ... An icon of Christianity and world heritage, they believe that dxd refers to it (if it does, we know in what specific year it is set)
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 16:54   Link #9734
Blazor 98

Do you all believe Issei's perverted techniques are considered cheat-like abilities that the plot demands for Issei?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 17:30   Link #9735
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
The cathedral of notre dame is burning ... An icon of Christianity and world heritage, they believe that dxd refers to it (if it does, we know in what specific year it is set)
the Azazel Cup takes place in 2009 since volume one was 2008 if I recall.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 20:00   Link #9736
Rayzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Do you all believe Issei's perverted techniques are considered cheat-like abilities that the plot demands for Issei?
What do you mean?
Old 2019-04-15, 22:06   Link #9737
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
the Azazel Cup takes place in 2009 since volume one was 2008 if I recall.
Was the exact year vol 1 mentioned at all? don't remember dxd novels stating any clear dates, just because novel was published in 20th Sept 2008 does not mean the date and time in the dxd story is set in 2008
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-16, 19:48   Link #9738
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Was the exact year vol 1 mentioned at all? don't remember dxd novels stating any clear dates, just because novel was published in 20th Sept 2008 does not mean the date and time in the dxd story is set in 2008
The year was referred to one time as 20xx in Volume 4 when they were talking about the Alliance being made between the Three Factions. So I don't think giving DxD a definite year is on the top of Ishibumi's priority list.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-16, 21:21   Link #9739
The Infinite Dream

It appears Shin Volume 4 could be a Le Fay volume from his Twitter post on April 14.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 00:43   Link #9740
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
It appears Shin Volume 4 could be a Le Fay volume from his Twitter post on April 14.
Oh? I much welcome Morgan Le Fay character development.

Forgive me for asking this though, since I only returned to the forums recently, who then is Shin 3 focusing on?