AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-02-08, 18:48   Link #21
maximilianjenus
[E]

Following the discussion in the ep05 thread; I hope this rewrites malty, her motivation for being who she is is really bad and makes no sense; i can live with the other villains having stupid motivations but hers is really bad for how important she is plotwise.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-09, 11:35   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Looks like Spear-Group's punishment for Malty casting magic got completely cut and rewritten. - At least I remember them having gotten the lowest amount possible as a punishment. In the anime it's suddenly the shield hero who got the lowest amount possible lol.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-09, 13:20   Link #23
Twi

That's not what I remember from the Manga. The King gave Shield Hero the minimum amount. Maybe the light novel was different?
Old 2019-02-09, 16:43   Link #24
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

AFAIK Naofumi got the lowest.

Motoyasu prize cut to amount it became lower than Ren and Itsuki.
Naofumi prize itself never intended to be equal to them plus seal eraser charge.

Given Naofumi and Raphtalia concern about money are same across media, it can be said Naofumi got the lowest, even with Motoyasu prize get cut to minimum.

IMO the change is happening because on this episode we have Motoyasu promoted into landlord. Which, combined with how his garb and Myne favoritism, should be implying his wealth is the highest among 4 Heroes. Telling he got the prize lower than Ren and Itsuki would make it a bit off as this is their first Wave and King clearly supporting Myne.
Old 2019-02-10, 11:30   Link #25
The Green One

The Spear Hero was shown favortism at this time in the story as he was perceived to be the "strongest" of the Heroes and they wanted to curry favor with him as well as cement his loyalty.
Old 2019-02-23, 04:06   Link #26
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Following the discussion in the ep05 thread; I hope this rewrites malty, her motivation for being who she is is really bad and makes no sense; i can live with the other villains having stupid motivations but hers is really bad for how important she is plotwise.
Malty's true motivations are super spoilers. And all her actions make sense once you know them . From her point of view nothing she has done has been stupid and she has mostly been failing with only small victories. There is a reason the book Nofumi read (and is implied to be about past groups of summoned heroes) that transfer him had a princess that was like Malty as well.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 07:29   Link #27
magnuskn

New episode preview is up:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-03-01, 10:29   Link #28
maximilianjenus
[E]

so loli yuri and brotoyasu will appear again! finally a good episode.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote