AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-11-06, 04:43   Link #9221
The Infinite Dream

@sbh1fr Asia died when her sacred gear was taken out of her.

The [Bishop]’s role is to support the other members of the group. This girl’s healing power could be useful as a [Bishop]. It never happened before, but I will reincarnate this girl as a Devil.”

A crimson demonic-power surrounds Buchou’s body.

“I order, in my name Rias Gremory. You, Asia Argento. I, resurrect you back to this soil as my servant, and have you reborn as a Devil. You, my [Bishop], be delighted with your new life!”

“I resurrected her because I wanted her power that can even heal a Devil. Fufufu, Ise, from now on, you'll protect her. Since you will be her senior Devil.”

Like i said there might be some stipulations that they have to be human because from what i remember devils souls turn into nothing when they die or i could just be misinterpreting their use of resurrect in the volume.

Last edited by The Infinite Dream; 2018-11-06 at 06:20.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 07:49   Link #9222
eisai_haramasukoi

Reincarnation is basically transferring a soul into another body.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 07:53   Link #9223
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
@sbh1fr Asia died when her sacred gear was taken out of her.

The [Bishop]’s role is to support the other members of the group. This girl’s healing power could be useful as a [Bishop]. It never happened before, but I will reincarnate this girl as a Devil.”

A crimson demonic-power surrounds Buchou’s body.

“I order, in my name Rias Gremory. You, Asia Argento. I, resurrect you back to this soil as my servant, and have you reborn as a Devil. You, my [Bishop], be delighted with your new life!”

“I resurrected her because I wanted her power that can even heal a Devil. Fufufu, Ise, from now on, you'll protect her. Since you will be her senior Devil.”

Like i said there might be some stipulations that they have to be human because from what i remember devils souls turn into nothing when they die or i could just be misinterpreting their use of resurrect in the volume.
yes, asia died when her SG was removed and any SG user should be the same, but in valerie's case its special since her SG is a subspecie and is composed of three graal cups. And as it's been shown that removing one graal will leave her concious even though a little dazed, removing two graals will put her in a coma, and removing all three graals supposedly would kill her.
About the "resurrection" of Asia, i think it's probably a minor mis-translation, maybe the translator should've used the word "revive" instead of "resurrect".

anyway by the difference between "resurrection" and "reincarnation" i mentioned in the previous comment, i meant that in reincarnation there is a rebirth/change of body after death. He die as a human and revived as a devil (or a squirrel...xd).
Resurrection usually imply reviving into same body. Like healing the body and put the soul back into it (like resurrection of jesus in christianity)

The detailed semantic doesnt really matter much since i think everyone understood the meaning.

I might be wrong though, English is not my native language. .

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-11-06 at 19:24.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 19:02   Link #9224
Tbolt

[QUOTE]About the "resurrection" of Asia, i think it's either a mis-translation. I mean maybe if the translator should've used the word "revive" instead of "resurrect".
[/QUOTE

@ sbh1fr, n0m@n does not make mistakes!

Last edited by Tbolt; 2018-11-06 at 19:34.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 19:06   Link #9225
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
@sbh1fr, n0m@n does no make mistakes!
Its from volume1, he was young back then, didnt activate his "no-mistake" Balance Breaker yet back then.
Anyway just google "resurrection vs reincarnation".
Old 2018-11-06, 19:42   Link #9226
Tbolt

If the translation from the RAW's by n0m@n was resurrection then it was resurrection, and not revive.
Old 2018-11-06, 19:56   Link #9227
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
If the translation from the RAW's by n0m@n was resurrection then it was resurrection, and not revive.
Doesnt really matter.
Old 2018-11-07, 00:52   Link #9228
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
Doesnt really matter.
Neither does your opinion then. It's one thing to discuss, it's another thing to just outright say his/her opinion/choice of word doesn't matter.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 03:33   Link #9229
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Neither does your opinion then. It's one thing to discuss, it's another thing to just outright say his/her opinion/choice of word doesn't matter.
Maybe you're right, just dont word this to make it personal.
I was refering to the diference beween "resurect" & "revive" is minor, specially since everyone understood what was meant
Old 2018-11-07, 03:35   Link #9230
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
Maybe you're right, just dont word this to make it personal.
I was refering to the diference beween "resurect" & "revive" is minor, specially since everyone understood what was meant
Well i was just referring to how you worded things. It's better to word it properly so it doesn't sound offensive. Sorry about my attitude earlier too.
Old 2018-11-07, 06:32   Link #9231
Beelzebub sama

Hey i guess shin dxd 3 will be all about trip to Kyoto with issei appearing alongside and it may be kunou's volume
https://mobile.twitter.com/ishibumi_...30353547960320

Title of shin dxd 2 is released something like 'ruin princess of proficiency test' ( google translation)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ishibumi_...17851808313345
Beelzebub sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 07:31   Link #9232
Lucidrago

Rias' win confirmed.

Just kidding.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 07:43   Link #9233
Blazor 98

Looks like this volume will be focused on Rias this time. She is going against the guy who's made her peerage famous afterall and up against Grayfia and if I recall Rias has an inferiority complex towards Grayfia. I still think Rias is going to lose going by the signs. She will definitely try her best and it seems the volume will focus on her leadership and power.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 07:53   Link #9234
B214

She doesn't have an inferiority complex to Grayfia, she has an inferiority complex to both Sirzechs and Grayfia.
Old 2018-11-07, 08:00   Link #9235
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
She doesn't have an inferiority complex to Grayfia, she has an inferiority complex to both Sirzechs and Grayfia.
Okay so she still has that inferiority complex towards Grayfia. This was shown in Volume 8.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 08:44   Link #9236
Emperor of D.

I hope the game will be from Rias perspective. The whole test thing could possibly be Rias taking test to be promoted to Ultimate Class Devil.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 13:37   Link #9237
Dark soul

I also think that Rias will lose against Ise but she will win against Grayfia without using Balor form and be promoted to Ultimate Class Devil at the end
Dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 13:43   Link #9238
B214

Well from the tweet from Ishibumi the angle will cover Ise and Rias' feelings, the feelings among the comrades and Ise and Kiba's love I mean friendship.
Old 2018-11-07, 15:05   Link #9239
Parry999

Kiba will go super yandere because Vali is stealing his best friend.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 16:44   Link #9240
sbh1fr

Cant wait next kuno volume. What'll happen between Issei and Yasaka