AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-08-28, 18:07   Link #781
Lucidrago

And when was the last time it was said she viewed him as a little brother? Can you say without doubt that she feels the same way right now? I didn't know a girl had to be emotional and sensitive to fall in love. You're trying to compare him to Issei who has all the screentime compared to Saji who barely has any? Do you know what Sona feels at the moment? Do you think it's impossible for her to fall in love? You don't have to be very emotional to fall in love. Anyone can fall in love. Sona being calculative has nothing to do with her being able to fall in love with someone. Or what? You think she's going to fall in love with Cao Cao just because he's very intelligent? Or Rudiger Rosenkreutz? Some people create expectations for who they want their future partner to be. But they might end up falling in love with someone that don't meet those expectations. Do you know enough about what goes on in Sona's and Saji's heads and their personal lives throughout this series to say one thing is still the same 10 volumes later?

@Noman And Issei got both. Saji most likely could get both as well. It's not like Issei gets to be the only guy that gets what he wants in this series.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 18:55   Link #782
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And when was the last time it was said she viewed him as a little brother? Can you say without doubt that she feels the same way right now? I didn't know a girl had to be emotional and sensitive to fall in love. You're trying to compare him to Issei who has all the screentime compared to Saji who barely has any? Do you know what Sona feels at the moment? Do you think it's impossible for her to fall in love? You don't have to be very emotional to fall in love. Anyone can fall in love. Sona being calculative has nothing to do with her being able to fall in love with someone. Or what? You think she's going to fall in love with Cao Cao just because he's very intelligent? Or Rudiger Rosenkreutz? Some people create expectations for who they want their future partner to be. But they might end up falling in love with someone that don't meet those expectations. Do you know enough about what goes on in Sona's and Saji's heads and their personal lives throughout this series to say one thing is still the same 10 volumes later?

@Noman And Issei got both. Saji most likely could get both as well. It's not like Issei gets to be the only guy that gets what he wants in this series.
Now you're just missing the point. The issue with your argument is built on nothing but empty speculation. You ask when was the last time she said "she view him as a little brother". The answer to that is simple. There has no change or development in their relationship since then. Yes, Saji doesn't get as much screen time as Issei but the point is based on the screen time we get with Saji we see there has been no change at all in his relationship with Sona. Now my question to you is "what bases do you have that Sona's feelings towards Saji has change to the point where she could see him as a potential love interest?" The answer is you have none. Base on what we've seen from Sona up until this point in the series is she has never change her feelings towards Saji outside of little brother. Unless of course you can tell me in which volume that Sona has started to view Saji more than a little brother. Good luck with that. Anything romantic between them has only been from from Saji's perspective which shows just an unrequited love. You say I don't know what goes in her head but neither do you so my argument is based what the little screen time she has.

I never said Sona couldn't fall in love but she don't see Saji in that way and nothing in the series base on the screen time we have with Sona and Saji has shown them (Sona in particular) getting closer to a romantic relationship.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 19:40   Link #783
Lucidrago

I never confirmed anything happened. Just saying don't go off of something that was said 10 volumes ago and act like nothing has changed just because Saji and Sona aren't part of the main cast. You have no base to saw Sona still feels this way about Saji at the moment. That's like saying your little brother that you haven't seen in 20 years is the same as when he is now at 33 as he is at 13 despite having no evidence to back it up but just recalling your last recalled memory of how he was. Do you think Sairaorg isn't getting stronger just because he's not part of the main cast and you don't see him train? Again you're using something said 10 volumes ago to try to justify how Sona feels now. Who knows? They might be in a relationship and haven't told anybody or maybe just Sona's peerage knows and no one else. Or maybe you're right and things haven't changed. But don't say there's little chance based on Saji and Sona not being part of the main cast. You get to see Issei and his daily interactions and know how his relationship with the girls are going. What do you have on Saji and Sona to say there's little chance of it happening? To me Saji and Sona being together at the moment has an equal chance as things being the same. Unless you can provide me some hard evidence that implies there's little chance of Saji ending up with Sona? But then again I can say that about every situation in DxD.

So again can you prove to me that Sona still doesn't feel that way about Saji at the moment? Not based on what was said some volumes back but something now that implies it has very little chance of happening? Right now if Issei can confess to all the girls then I see no reason why there's little chance of Saji and Sona being together. Again just a speculation and I might be wrong. But please provide me some evidence that Sona's feelings haven't changed or anything from what they were back in Volume 11(or was it 14). Akeno saw Issei as an adorable junior she could play with and we saw how that developed. Rossweisse had no attraction towards Issei when she joined Rias' peerage. Elmenheide was a snob to Issei. Asia has loved Issei since the beginning of DxD and Issei is now just responding to those feelings. See what I'm getting at. And yet it's too much to ask that Saji gets the love of his life? Again just a speculation. And Sona doesn't need any vulnerabilities like Rias or Asia or Akeno to get her to fall in love with Saji. Maybe Saji manning up in Volume 17 and going Balance Breaker and protecting the school won Sona's heart? You saw how much she cared about that school and you actually saw Sona actually lose her calm demeanor when Walburga started burning the school. So just speculation on my part. But still it's very possible.
Old 2017-08-28, 22:13   Link #784
Brawlre

1. We are not acting like things haven’t changed

2. This is a fictional world things don’t change unless the spotlight is out on it

In our reality things change rather we were paying attention or not

For real stop acting like you need the author to address these things directly in order for you to get it

Don’t make speculations out nothing you’ll only get you feelings hurt when things don’t go your way

[Edit] can you provide any evidence that she does have feelings for saji
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 22:53   Link #785
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I never confirmed anything happened. Just saying don't go off of something that was said 10 volumes ago and act like nothing has changed just because Saji and Sona aren't part of the main cast. You have no base to saw Sona still feels this way about Saji at the moment. That's like saying your little brother that you haven't seen in 20 years is the same as when he is now at 33 as he is at 13 despite having no evidence to back it up but just recalling your last recalled memory of how he was. Do you think Sairaorg isn't getting stronger just because he's not part of the main cast and you don't see him train? Again you're using something said 10 volumes ago to try to justify how Sona feels now. Who knows? They might be in a relationship and haven't told anybody or maybe just Sona's peerage knows and no one else. Or maybe you're right and things haven't changed. But don't say there's little chance based on Saji and Sona not being part of the main cast. You get to see Issei and his daily interactions and know how his relationship with the girls are going. What do you have on Saji and Sona to say there's little chance of it happening? To me Saji and Sona being together at the moment has an equal chance as things being the same. Unless you can provide me some hard evidence that implies there's little chance of Saji ending up with Sona? But then again I can say that about every situation in DxD.

So again can you prove to me that Sona still doesn't feel that way about Saji at the moment? Not based on what was said some volumes back but something now that implies it has very little chance of happening? Right now if Issei can confess to all the girls then I see no reason why there's little chance of Saji and Sona being together. Again just a speculation and I might be wrong. But please provide me some evidence that Sona's feelings haven't changed or anything from what they were back in Volume 11(or was it 14). Akeno saw Issei as an adorable junior she could play with and we saw how that developed. Rossweisse had no attraction towards Issei when she joined Rias' peerage. Elmenheide was a snob to Issei. Asia has loved Issei since the beginning of DxD and Issei is now just responding to those feelings. See what I'm getting at. And yet it's too much to ask that Saji gets the love of his life? Again just a speculation. And Sona doesn't need any vulnerabilities like Rias or Asia or Akeno to get her to fall in love with Saji. Maybe Saji manning up in Volume 17 and going Balance Breaker and protecting the school won Sona's heart? You saw how much she cared about that school and you actually saw Sona actually lose her calm demeanor when Walburga started burning the school. So just speculation on my part. But still it's very possible.
Of course I have a base that Sona felt the same way as she did. Why? Because in recent volumes Sona has never shown or stated she has any feelings towards Saji romantically. Until she does than all you have no proof to your argument. This is what I mean by you making assumptions. You assume Sona feels differently about Saji even though there's no proof in it. Your examples don't match your argument because it's missing the point.

Now as you say about Issei's changes with his relationship with the girls. We are actually shown that change which why we can base on that. Another example is Tsubaki. At first she never notice anything about Kiba but now it's obvious she has feelings for him because we're shown about it. Has her relationship with Kiba developed into something more? No, because we know Kiba shows no interest in her that way. Could they be in a relationship in the future? Possibly but that's only an assumption. The fact is assumptions are not proof. Just like you assume Sona's feelings toward Saji has changed into a romantic one but there's no proof of it
Old 2017-08-29, 06:12   Link #786
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, there's no proof or basis for either. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. And just because Sona said once before that she wants to marry someone smarter than her doesn't mean that's how it'll be. Do you honestly believe things always go the way you expect them to when it comes to love? Sona thought she'd only marry someone smarter than her, but there's still a chance that it won't turn out that way. That's life (in life, there are times when you need to get out of your comfort zone). And as Lucidrago said, we saw Sona show an emotional reaction when Walburga started destroying that school. Saji went into Balance Breaker and risked his life to protect the school. It's true that we've seen nothing to prove that something came from that and changed their relationship, but we also have no proof that nothing's happening in the background where we can't see. That's all Lucidrago and I are trying to say here.
Old 2017-08-29, 21:59   Link #787
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Let me back up Lucidrago and Dragosman on this because they are right. EVERYTHING that is surprise to us the readers happens off-screen. Saji was willing to get the crap beaten out of him by Issei who was in BALANCE BREAKER back in Volume 4 (Rias vs Sona rating game) and we all know that back then Issei was leagues above Saji and he still fought so that Issei get's knocked out of the match. Going against BB Issei is not a good idea unless your VERY durable. And Volume in 17 Saji was MOMENTS away from getting killed by the holy fire from incinerate anthem and you tell me that kind of sacrifice can't change someone's feelings. Even if Sona didn't fall for Saji deep down her view on him should have changed after that.
Old 2017-08-29, 22:08   Link #788
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, I won't say Sona love Saji now but... After all of that, I doubt Sona still see him as little brother... Hell, there is a lot of people with different perspective and personality... So, maybe she start see him as man? Or maybe she still him as little brother but with more affection.. A hard working little brother...
Or... She already see him as man but don't think him that way only see as family and loyal servant...
Old 2017-08-30, 00:22   Link #789
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yes, there's no proof or basis for either. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. And just because Sona said once before that she wants to marry someone smarter than her doesn't mean that's how it'll be. Do you honestly believe things always go the way you expect them to when it comes to love? Sona thought she'd only marry someone smarter than her, but there's still a chance that it won't turn out that way. That's life (in life, there are times when you need to get out of your comfort zone). And as Lucidrago said, we saw Sona show an emotional reaction when Walburga started destroying that school. Saji went into Balance Breaker and risked his life to protect the school. It's true that we've seen nothing to prove that something came from that and changed their relationship, but we also have no proof that nothing's happening in the background where we can't see. That's all Lucidrago and I are trying to say here.
The point you are missing is that ever since then till now Sona feelings toward has remain the same. Sona has shown no interest in Saji in a romantic sense. Again, I know Sona cares about Saji but not in that way. She still view him as a little brother. Saying we don't what could happen in just empty speculation because what's shown now is what matters. Saying Saji going into Balance Breaker to protect the school on Sona's behave is nothing new because we know Saji likes Sona so this comes as no surprise. Again any romance from their relationship is only from Saji's side which is unrequited.
Old 2017-08-30, 00:26   Link #790
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Let me back up Lucidrago and Dragosman on this because they are right. EVERYTHING that is surprise to us the readers happens off-screen. Saji was willing to get the crap beaten out of him by Issei who was in BALANCE BREAKER back in Volume 4 (Rias vs Sona rating game) and we all know that back then Issei was leagues above Saji and he still fought so that Issei get's knocked out of the match. Going against BB Issei is not a good idea unless your VERY durable. And Volume in 17 Saji was MOMENTS away from getting killed by the holy fire from incinerate anthem and you tell me that kind of sacrifice can't change someone's feelings. Even if Sona didn't fall for Saji deep down her view on him should have changed after that.
Everything you said doesn't change anything in my argument. Again, all the things Saji has done for Sona is no surprise because we know Saji likes Sona and I'm sure Sona appreciates it but that doesn't mean her feelings has change to a romantic one. Sure she values him but that don't mean she sees him in that way. She still view him as a little brother.
Old 2017-08-30, 06:08   Link #791
Lucidrago

So as of now at the current point in the LN you know she still views him as a little brother based on what? You're talking with Ishibumi and he told you Sona still feels that way? You know about how Sona feels at the current moment? You said it doesn't mean her feelings have changed for Saji which you are right about since it's just speculation. But then you said she still views him as a little brother based on zero evidence backing up your claim at the current point in the LN. You were doing well until that last sentence.
Old 2017-08-30, 10:35   Link #792
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@syzorst: You're also making assumptions with no evidence to back it up, like Lucidrago just said. You do know that, right? I hope you realize that. Because just as much as we have no evidence to back up the claim that Sona doesn't see him as a little brother anymore, neither do you have any sold evidence to back up the claim that she definitely still sees him as a little brother. That's why until the series ends and there's really no progress, you can't really say anything definitively one way or the other. Because, after all, we're getting the story from Ise's point of view and not Saji's, meaning we won't know if there's any progress until Ise notices it. Just like how we didn't know that Tannin had children until Ise found out about it. So yeah, hold your horses on the definitive claims.
Old 2017-08-30, 12:29   Link #793
Brawlre

How about everyone does themselves a favor and stop speculating about this topic cause neither side has any true basis
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 15:44   Link #794
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That sounds like a great idea about now. Yes, let's do that.
Old 2017-08-30, 15:59   Link #795
Lucidrago

While I just heard about how Saji and Issei's fight came down to a fistfight like at the Issei vs Sairaorg fight and how that were literally shouting how jealous they were of the other. Not sure how accurate that is. But I thought about what could Issei be jealous of about Saji? Then I just speculated that maybe, just maybe Saji and Sona are together and he lost his virginity before Issei did. Even some of the guys in Issei's class in Volume 6 lost their virginity while Issei lives with the most beautiful girls in the school that want him badly and still hadn't done the deed. So it wouldn't surprise me if Saji did the deed before Issei.

So yeah we're done. So what do you think the original Guan Yu's abilities are? He was on Cao Cao's team and was his queen so he must be very powerful. Just wonder what his abilities could be.
Old 2017-08-30, 16:12   Link #796
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, I don't know anything about Guan Yu, so I can't say anything on this. One thing, though: Does he have a Sacred Gear?

It's not really Ise's fault that he's still a virgin. Cut the guy some slack. But yeah, what you said does make sense. Though I think the reason for why Ise got jealous of Saji could really be anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be that he got laid before him. And even if he did, it could be with one of the other girls in the Sitri peerage.

Speaking of that, Sona also told Ise that she doesn't want to lay a hand on Saji because she doesn't want to get in the way of her servants' love. She knows that some of her servants love him. I wonder if she realizes that there's such a thing as a harem. She could let Saji have one and be included in it herself as well.
Old 2017-08-30, 16:29   Link #797
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Putting aside whether Sona knows about harems or not (she probably does know), does Saji himself ever want one?

Guan Yu, he is a Buddha who serving Indra right similar to Sun Wukong so I think might not have a Sacred Gear.
Old 2017-08-30, 16:44   Link #798
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
While I prefer Saji being with both Momo Hanakai and Ruruko Nimura over Sona I do think there a small chance for him to get Sona somewhere at around 10%-20%.
You make it sound as if he could only have one or the other. He's a devil, monogamy isn't as big a thing for them. Heck Devils are encouraging Issei with his harem lol
Old 2017-08-30, 17:29   Link #799
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Even Heaven seems to be encouraging him, what with how they not only support his relationship with Irina, but even giving him Galantine as a blessing for his engagement with Rias (assuming Heaven was responsible for this).

But yeah, Saji being a Devil means polygamy is fine. But yeah, we don't know if he wants a harem or not. He's always only expressed his desire of being with Sona.
Old 2017-08-30, 17:36   Link #800
Lucidrago

One of the great things about the Underworld and the second best thing Ishibumi wrote into this story. The best thing he wrote in this story were the evil pieces. A world where harems are perfectly fine. Sign me up. I wouldn't be surprised if every male devil we've been introduced to has a harem. Well Diodora HAD a harem. Riser has a harem. Lord Gremory has a harem. Diehauser most likely has one. And Issei wants a harem and everyone's cool with it.

But putting that aside, not having a harem and knowing a lot of females love you is kind of a harsh thing to do in this series. Unless you're in some position where you can't have a harem, then I see no reason not to have one if a lot of females are attracted to you and the females are willing to be in a harem.