AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-07-28, 09:16   Link #2641
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

When I read that part again real quick it seems Mercurius also got hit by a ronpa attack lol. As we know, battle between gods is also a battle of will, perhaps by pointing out their contradiction the attack also loses its power.
Old 2017-07-28, 09:49   Link #2642
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I stopped thinking whether it really matters whatever skills that Mercurius used against beast+ren and its literal effect after Ren tanked Mercurius grand cross. I kinda get that it doesn't really matter what skills you use, what really matters are their will and possibly uuh, taikyoku?

...of course after that Shirou came in with his anti god bullet which made me think it's not that simple either

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 09:55   Link #2643
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shirou is part of Ren's Hadou at that point so it does fit (similar to KKK)....the skills are all largely for cosmetic effect. Largely only though...they still matter a lot when the Taikyoku rank is close enough
Old 2017-07-28, 14:03   Link #2644
devil_slayer

isn't ren the weakest out of the three ? they all about the same level but they can still be ranked I think
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 21:13   Link #2645
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The gap is much closer at that particular ending because he purged the Mercury out of him
Old 2017-07-29, 10:21   Link #2646
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So Song to The Witch finally arrived at my local Kino

The obi sash literally reads 原作者の自分ですら今までわからなかった謎が、今こそ明らかになる。「なぜルサルカは人気があ るんだろう」

Masada please.....
Old 2017-08-03, 11:16   Link #2647
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

So, those who played the translation, is this true?
https://twitter.com/Seaaaaaaaaaaaal/...27695671406592
ed
If true, my confidence in the translation crew has dramatically plummeted.

Translating the Holy Grail to Divine Vessel already drew a ">_>" response from me.
But I digress because that translation still works, although sounds less chuuni.

But demi-god... why? That's an out right mistranslation.
Especially Masada makes a very clear distinction between a full god and those are not.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 11:31   Link #2648
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

From the same guy https://twitter.com/Seaaaaaaaaaaaal/...80696444497920

He also says they translated Disce Liebens description as "dark matter"..... Black hole or singularity would have been more appropriate.
Old 2017-08-03, 12:05   Link #2649
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Kinda funny since IIRC a couple of text before that I think it was implicitly(?) explaining that Mercurius is the god in that universe. I don't really remember that line though since it's been a while since I last finished the game and I was pretty tired during it..still loved the scene though!

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 12:32   Link #2650
Golden Lily

Are we not going to talk about this random appearance of Haganeya?
That was weird.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 14:12   Link #2651
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Actually those two people in that thread converse with Haganeya frequently on Twitter.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 21:13   Link #2652
404NotFriend

I heard that they used Divine Vessel instead of Holy Grail and Demigod instead of God was to avoid problem with Christian people. Dunno about the exact details though
404NotFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 23:47   Link #2653
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Could have just used "Divinity" then for something more generic. Demigod literally implies a lesser or half-breed status which is not accurate at all
Old 2017-08-08, 12:48   Link #2654
trexalfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Could have just used "Divinity" then for something more generic. Demigod literally implies a lesser or half-breed status which is not accurate at all

Totally agree btw. But I had a small convo with someone involved in translation and he told me they thought it still fits as some cultures call "demigods" those people who experience apotheosis. Which would still be wrong when talking about Marie or Snake.
trexalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 15:34   Link #2655
EvilMegaCookie

Fusion of dark matter to be precise. And yes, the description of the attack before it made it sound more like a black hole than anything else, considering he was condensing the stars under his reign. Not sure how one gets dark matter out of that.
EvilMegaCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 00:36   Link #2656
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Random question for a fanfic I am working on (assuming I finish it!), in the Battle of Berlin, when Reinhard gave his speech and drove all those people to suicide, would the Russian soldiers in Berlin hear it? Would they understand it, or would they just hear a magically amplified speech in German?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 05:35   Link #2657
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The only POVs of that event have been German.....But they should. The whole point is to draw more souls in after all.
Old 2017-08-14, 06:32   Link #2658
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

My impression is only the Germans did the mass suicide. Probably because right before that Schreiber went on and on about the quality of souls, and that the sufferings Germans made an excellent offering.
Old 2017-08-14, 09:15   Link #2659
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
My impression is only the Germans did the mass suicide. Probably because right before that Schreiber went on and on about the quality of souls, and that the sufferings Germans made an excellent offering.
That was my thought, given that Reinhard's speech seemed more directed at the Germans with regard to all this talk of defeat.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 09:45   Link #2660
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I dunno, both Allied and Soviet or indeed anyone killed by Ewigkeit ended up in his (Kemono-dono's) soul pool....

Tags
相州戦神館學園 八命陣, acta est fabula!!!, chuunibyou, insane love, kuso, senshinkan, shinza bansho, toki yo tomare!!!