AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-20, 12:07   Link #1
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

A LN series had its first volume published last month and is now cancelled

Yesterday, there was an AnimeNewsNetwork article called "Nyaruko Author's New Light Novel Fails to Make Waves". Last month, GA Bunko published the 1st vol. of a new LN series called [I]Hero Onii-chan to Last Boss Imōto Bakken! Seikenzer[I] (The Hero Big Brother and the Last Boss Little Sister Draw a Sword! Seikenzer)". Creators are writer Manta Aisora and an artist named Yū Kodama.

The article gives the story summary: it's a hero comedy starring Kanato Tsurugi and his younger twin sister, Minato. After Minato comes back from studying abroad, they go to a local event. Kanato pulls a holy sword and Blood Temple, a mysterious knight team, is summoned. Kanato seeks to get his sister under control as Minato appears to become an evil force. As Kanato doesn't want to yield in battle, these transformed siblings have a face-off.

It tanked in sales and thus GA Bunko decided to not continue the series. Aisora did a tweet explaining it didn't sell and apologized for her incompetence. Aisora-san explained the manuscript has enough for a trilogy. As she prepared to further the story, she considered the putting the rest on Kakuyomu, a free novel/shorts story publishing site.

As the print publishing deal has just closed, the writer isn't entirely sure if it's appropriate to upload the remaining parts. She also thinks that the submissions probably will get erased if she can't upload them.

My comments: I think there are people who should send a message to the publisher with something like this: putting it on a site like Amazon where fans could purchase the full volumes as e-novels (raw or translated). Another idea is to use a site where fan translations are released in chunks (like J-Novel does) with each chunk having a fee. However, make it so the collective chunk price is not higher than buying the entire novel. Fore example, if the book was $7.95, the collective chunk price might be $6.75.
Old 2017-07-10, 17:44   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
My comments: I think there are people who should send a message to the publisher with something like this: putting it on a site like Amazon where fans could purchase the full volumes as e-novels (raw or translated).
If it tanked that badly, what makes you think it even has fans?
Old 2017-07-10, 20:23   Link #3
SamVision

Even sounds really derivative and shitty.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 12:21   Link #4
amtro
Distro

If the jap market is not interested in this title then don't try to force it.
Without jap support it will never be able to stand on its own legs. Blame the marketing people from the label, let it die and let the author try again with a new idea.
Old 2017-07-11, 15:08   Link #5
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

IMouto?! Ok, this has promise, those fans can't accept the winning formula.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 18:00   Link #6
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Why would I want to attempt to renew interest? To give the attention it needs. Going on the tanked sales, if an anime series tanked in sales, why do they sometimes get another series? Merchandise and the limited fan base are a factor.

Those that are great in English and Japanese (especially grammar), have the resources to pay the royalties, and that have the permission from the Japanese publishers to do fan translations. Thus, these are the only fan translators that should have a Patreon account and not the unauthorized fan translators.

Being a copyright minimalist (largely thanks to the lobbying effects of literary estates and media companies have on Congress), this is a way of me being at possible odds against myself.