Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-12-28, 06:12   Link #21
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*facepalm*

"The funny thing is" is just a saying and is no way insulting, uncaring, or in any way is inappropriate. You're the one and only person in my whole life who ever tried to say there's anything inappropriate with that line.

The real "funny thing" here is that I just pointed out in another thread on this forum that the members here are getting into the habit of pulling out weird, twisted messages from innocent lines and sayings and making an issue of it. Less than a day later, you do this. You want to be respectful to Carrie Fisher, don't use her thread to start up a problem out of nothing.
That because we are live on different places with different cultures and language, in my case i am not native english speaker, as you see i am Indonesian so there are limited english understanding in my knowledge, "funny things" sounded unpleasant for me hence i told him so.
Still you right those words probably not insulting, that user probably come from same place with you with better understanding of english. I am not a fluent english speaker so i have no right to make fuss of it but people like me would found that words bit disturbing so advisable if that changed to another sound pleasant especially in condolence thread like this.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 06:23   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*facepalm*

"The funny thing is" is just a saying and is no way insulting, uncaring, or in any way is inappropriate. You're the one and only person in my whole life who ever tried to say there's anything inappropriate with that line.

The real "funny thing" here is that I just pointed out in another thread on this forum that the members here are getting into the habit of pulling out weird, twisted messages from innocent lines and sayings and making an issue of it. Less than a day later, you do this. You want to be respectful to Carrie Fisher, don't use her thread to start up a problem out of nothing.
Welcome to the internet. If you can't take offense at something yourself, you're required to do so on behalf of others.

Though in this case it just looks like the result of a quirk in the English language. Specifically "funny" sometimes meaning "odd" without an implied humorous component.
Old 2016-12-28, 10:19   Link #23
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

As someone who saw Star Wars in the theater in the summer of 1977, Carrie was an important part of my life for decades.

May the Force be with you, always.
Old 2017-01-05, 21:44   Link #24
AnimeFan188

Princess Leia Was Going to Play a Large Role in
Star Wars: Episode IX:

"Reportedly, Lucasfilm and Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow will meet soon to
discuss their options moving forward.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s sources, Leia had two key scenes planned out
for Episodes VIII and IX, and they’re both pretty much what you’d expect (and want):
a reunion with her brother, Luke, and a confrontation with her son, Kylo Ren. There’s
no word on which, if either of these were scripted for Episode VIII, which Carrie Fisher
had finished filming before her death, or were planned for the ninth Saga film.

However, The Hollywood Reporter also claims that Leia was going to have a larger role
in the ninth movie than the eighth. That backs up a December 30 report about the
amount Disney might get as a result of an insurance policy taken out if Fisher couldn’t
finish filming on Star Wars. Plus, it seems likely to me that if one of those scenes was
in Episode VIII, it would be the brother-sister reunion."

See:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/princess-leia...-wa-1790796565
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 09:25   Link #25
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Carrie Fisher's ashes carried in Prozac-shaped urn
Old 2017-01-07, 11:19   Link #26
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Princess Leia Was Going to Play a Large Role in
Star Wars: Episode IX:

"Reportedly, Lucasfilm and Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow will meet soon to
discuss their options moving forward.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s sources, Leia had two key scenes planned out
for Episodes VIII and IX, and they’re both pretty much what you’d expect (and want):
a reunion with her brother, Luke, and a confrontation with her son, Kylo Ren. There’s
no word on which, if either of these were scripted for Episode VIII, which Carrie Fisher
had finished filming before her death, or were planned for the ninth Saga film.

However, The Hollywood Reporter also claims that Leia was going to have a larger role
in the ninth movie than the eighth. That backs up a December 30 report about the
amount Disney might get as a result of an insurance policy taken out if Fisher couldn’t
finish filming on Star Wars. Plus, it seems likely to me that if one of those scenes was
in Episode VIII, it would be the brother-sister reunion."

See:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/princess-leia...-wa-1790796565
Maybe they'll pull a Tarkin on her as well and make a CG Leia?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 13:45   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, that Tarkin was good. (The young Leia wasn't. I don't know why the one with no lines and only seconds of screen time looked so artificial when the Tarkin didn't.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 21:57   Link #28
AnimeFan188

Carrie Fisher Had Cocaine, Heroin, Ecstasy in
Her System, Autopsy Shows:

"Carrie Fisher had cocaine, methadone, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died in
December, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

The coroner’s report listed sleep apnea as the primary cause of death, with drug intake as
a contributing factor. The report stated that Fisher’s family objected to a full autopsy, and
coroner’s investigators had access to limited toxicology specimens. The conclusions were
based on toxicology results and an external examination of Fisher’s body."

"In addition to the illegal drugs, Fisher was also taking Prozac, Abilify and Lamictal under
prescription. She was also taking oxycodone without a prescription."

See:

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/car...sy-1202470282/

Dang. What a sad way to go.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-20, 07:05   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It's kinda sad reading this.
I always thought her death was caused by her body failing her due to her drug abuse in the past. But to learn that she took drugs days before her death makes me think she possibly couldn't handle her return to the spotlight after the new Star Wars trilogy and went back to the vice that ruin her life.