AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-27, 11:39   Link #81
kitten320

Akuma Kousaka

I feel like you have not watched LL properly.

Riko's handshake is a literal parallel of Eri's. Riko struggled with self discovery and moving on same as Eri, both of whom were stuck in their failed past. Both are talented individuals who did not achieve what they wanted and kinda distanced themselves from others. Honoko/Chika reaching out to them was a new start.

Not to mention that whole framing was identical. In LL there is a scene with Eri touching a table full of her ballerina photos, her past. And identical scene with similar camera angle was with Riko where she touches piano, her past.

Both handshakes had whole episode dedicated to them, they are important.
Riko also isn't that different of a character, she is a mix or Eri and Umi, talented and determined, ready to keep everyone in check. It was especially noticeable at first.

Well good thing Saint Snow is, we don't need another replica.

Maki's wealth was very important and mentioned tons of times. Most of Muse training were done at Maki's resorts. I'm not massive Maki fan but her tsundere personality and richness is what I remembered the most about her.

I do have to agree that I like Ruby better too. Mostly her dynamic with Dia.

Sunshine characters are a mix of personalities from Muse, Dia is pretty much NozoEri love child.

I don't think referencing hurts that much. Lots of people have idols that they want to copy, be like, that inspire them. It could easily be any other group to inspire Chika. The problem is copying story points and camera angles.

Granted, things are being more diverse now. I'm enjoying latest episodes far more than initial ones.
Old 2016-08-27, 15:05   Link #82
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Akuma Kousaka

I feel like you have not watched LL properly.

Riko's handshake is a literal parallel of Eri's. Riko struggled with self discovery and moving on same as Eri, both of whom were stuck in their failed past. Both are talented individuals who did not achieve what they wanted and kinda distanced themselves from others. Honoko/Chika reaching out to them was a new start.

Not to mention that whole framing was identical. In LL there is a scene with Eri touching a table full of her ballerina photos, her past. And identical scene with similar camera angle was with Riko where she touches piano, her past.

Both handshakes had whole episode dedicated to them, they are important.
Riko also isn't that different of a character, she is a mix or Eri and Umi, talented and determined, ready to keep everyone in check. It was especially noticeable at first.

Well good thing Saint Snow is, we don't need another replica.

Maki's wealth was very important and mentioned tons of times. Most of Muse training were done at Maki's resorts. I'm not massive Maki fan but her tsundere personality and richness is what I remembered the most about her.

I do have to agree that I like Ruby better too. Mostly her dynamic with Dia.

Sunshine characters are a mix of personalities from Muse, Dia is pretty much NozoEri love child.

I don't think referencing hurts that much. Lots of people have idols that they want to copy, be like, that inspire them. It could easily be any other group to inspire Chika. The problem is copying story points and camera angles.

Granted, things are being more diverse now. I'm enjoying latest episodes far more than initial ones.
For better or worse after episode 9, Sunshine!!'s cast is still distinct from the OG and the references now make sense in context. But the story beats only go as far as the recruiting structure and school saving thread when the details are vastly different
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote