AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2016-06-02, 07:55   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Question regarding my Fiber Optic Optical Network Terminal Issue

So recently we've been having problems with our fiber optic internet service for the last three days. The ONT provided by the service is 2-in-1 ONT/Wifi unit. I plugged in a second Wifi router to service the area of the house downstairs via LAN.

The error we got at the start was an off PON light and a red LOS light. Goggle says that it's a cable/service terminal problem and not exactly on our end. The service crew that came to my house said that the ONT/Router unit is itself fine and it's a problem with the service area's hub because my neighbors' connections are also down. It's currently under repair and will take 2-3 days or so.

My problem is that any attempted connection to the ONT/Router via Wifi almost always shows an "Unidentified Network" error connection, but the signal strength is still the same and a device cannot maintain a connection to the router. Likewise, I can't access the router's local IP (192.168.1.1), via wifi or LAN, to check the unit itself.

I'm operating under the assumption that if it's purely an optic cable problem then the wifi shouldn't be causing connectivity issues, even if the internet is down. I'm wondering if this is linked to the problem itself, that the connection error will return to normal once the cables are fixed, or if it is an actual problem with the router itself?

Edit:

Going through the ipconfig /all, I noted that default gateway is blank and I'm getting the 169.x.x.x preferred IP4 address, which in my past experience tells me that the internet is really shot, but doesn'texactly explain why I'm still getting an Unidentified Network connection status. DHCP is of course on, and to my knowledge when we set this thing up we did not put static IPs on any device. Connection with the downstairs router is fine OTOH.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-06-02 at 10:07.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 05:35   Link #2
Tiberium Wolf

Even if you had internet problems not related to router you should always be able to access the router using (192.168.1.1). Try changing lan cables and router port. Disable your lan device and enable again.
Old 2016-06-05, 06:09   Link #3
larethian

I think windows does show unidentified network if your router is DC'ed from the WAN. Can't remember really, but I do remember having the exclamation mark in my desktop tray NW icon when my router gets DC'ed from the WAN of my service provider.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote