AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 36.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-04, 01:14   Link #161
TonyC1994
Unknown

I don't understand, are the writers trying to build Slaine up to be this amazing pilot?

He has a freaking mech that can predict the future. How the hell did he even get a mech with that ability in the first place?
Old 2015-02-04, 01:37   Link #162
anguishCAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
I don't understand, are the writers trying to build Slaine up to be this amazing pilot?
His work as "bat" should be enough to show that he atleast was a decent pilot and who knows what 19 months of training would do to someone who seemed good to begin with.

Quote:
He has a freaking mech that can predict the future. How the hell did he even get a mech with that ability in the first place?
He got into tharsis ep. 10 or 11 and to his own suprise and for reason later explained he was able to power it up. After he, Saazbaum and Asseylum left it there Tharsis was already on paper owned by Saazbaum and he just lendt it to him as his knight atfterwards.
Old 2015-02-04, 01:50   Link #163
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguishCAKE View Post
His work as "bat" should be enough to show that he atleast was a decent pilot and who knows what 19 months of training would do to someone who seemed good to begin with.
You see, this part I would have been fine with. If they had stated that he went through some intense training the past 19 months and managed to show off his prowess in combat using his own skills.

But all that is overshadowed by the fact that he has a mech that can predict the future.
Old 2015-02-04, 02:24   Link #164
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikefreedom117 View Post
man, this episode was slow as fuck
slaine went super ham on that base

edit: lets be honest we all want inaho to wreck shit every episode, its so fun to watch.
also slaine going ham on stuff to, wished they showed it
I'm okay with slaine going ham, that scene where he's shooting saucebaam was still pretty great. mostly because of saucebaam.

anyone wonder why the earth army won't just send the crew to destroy castles?

doesn't really make sense why they don't know what to do with them.

Last edited by DemiDomo; 2015-02-04 at 02:35.
Old 2015-02-04, 02:29   Link #165
Irenesharda

Quote:

Slaine was shown to be an excellent pilot when he was piloting the Skycarrier last season. If you look at episode 7, some of the moves he preforms while fighting with Inaho against Femianne, are pretty difficult even for expert pilots.

He got the Tharsis in episode 12, when on the run from UFE soldiers, he jumps into the mech to try to get away, only to find that the drive had been shut down. He then unknowingly turns the drive on, and uses it in the rest of the battle.

Tharsis, like all the Martian kataphrackts, have unique abilities connected to their Aldnoah drives. It's ability is not persay to tell the future, but to be able to calculate, predict, and project the path and trajectory of all projectiles coming at it from, as far as we can tell, all directions. That combined with Tharsis' superior maneuverability, make it near impossible to hit directly, that is, unless the pilot wants to be hit.

It's actually not that unique a feature in the mecha genre, other series have had mechs be able to do something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
I'm okay with slaine going ham, that scene where he's shooting saucebaam was still pretty great. most because of saucebaam.

anyone wonder why the earth army won't just send the crew to destroy castles?

doesn't really make sense why they don't know what to do with them.
I'm okay with whatever Slaine does. I was so tired of the "Inaho trashes Martian of the Week" formula, less than halfway in to the first season. I'd like to see someone else's plans actually do well too, every once and a while, and perhaps give Inaho a challenge, or even better *gasp* a failure!

I think that the UFE can't penetrate the Landing Castles themselves with the tech they have. They tried attacking the castles head on in episode 2 of season 1 and they were royally crushed. The things are capable of extremely heavy artillery and very strong barriers. The only time attacking a castle actually worked was in episode 12, however, the only reason that really worked was because (1) they crashed the Deucalion head long into the thing, and (2) Asseylum was eventually able to shut down the Aldnoah drive, which caused the castle to be defenseless.

Without the princess, they can't do that again, so really it would be foolhardy for them at their very small numbers to try to attack a castle directly as long as the Count in charge of the castle is still alive. If they kill the Count first, then yes, they would have no problem since the drive will shut down with the noble's death. Other than that, there's very little they can do about them until the Martians actually come out to fight.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-04 at 02:39.
Old 2015-02-04, 03:28   Link #166
Raziel1991

When was it stated that it only predicts the trajectories of projectiles? In Episode 15 at least it was clearly implied that it sees whole future events.
Old 2015-02-04, 03:32   Link #167
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

I'm okay with whatever Slaine does. I was so tired of the "Inaho trashes Martian of the Week" formula, less than halfway in to the first season. I'd like to see someone else's plans actually do well too, every once and a while, and perhaps give Inaho a challenge, or even better *gasp* a failure!

I think that the UFE can't penetrate the Landing Castles themselves with the tech they have. They tried attacking the castles head on in episode 2 of season 1 and they were royally crushed. The things are capable of extremely heavy artillery and very strong barriers. The only time attacking a castle actually worked was in episode 12, however, the only reason that really worked was because (1) they crashed the Deucalion head long into the thing, and (2) Asseylum was eventually able to shut down the Aldnoah drive, which caused the castle to be defenseless.

Without the princess, they can't do that again, so really it would be foolhardy for them at their very small numbers to try to attack a castle directly as long as the Count in charge of the castle is still alive. If they kill the Count first, then yes, they would have no problem since the drive will shut down with the noble's death. Other than that, there's very little they can do about them until the Martians actually come out to fight.
they were still able to breach the castle defense without battleship yamato crashing into it.

I would think a suicide bomb rush would destroy the aldnoah drive to finish off the castle.
Old 2015-02-04, 04:10   Link #168
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
When was it stated that it only predicts the trajectories of projectiles? In Episode 15 at least it was clearly implied that it sees whole future events.
When has it ever been shown to see whole events of the future? In fact, the only power mentioned in it's tech sheet is its advanced maneuverability.

When it goes into slo-mo mode, it is seeing the trajectory and predicted path of a projectile as a sort of advanced shadow that we as the audience can see, which allows the Tharsis to get out of the way. It has never been shown to do anything other than that. It's not like the Tharsis can show the whole battle beforehand or something and all of Inaho's moves. Slaine can predict Inaho's moves because he's observed him in several battles and knows how he works. He's good at reading the other's maneuvers, not that Tharsis is a precog.

Also, remember that this kat used to belong to Cruhteo. Did he give the impression that he could see future events just by stepping inside his mech? With a kataphrackt that powerful, no other count would dare mess with him, yet from Cruhteo's reaction in season 1, he wasn't too surprised that he was being attacked by his fellow Martians during that orbital bombardment, he took it pretty much in stride. For such an arrogant guy, he did act like he had some kind of all powerful katapharact that could predict the future. He would have used it to find out what would happen to the princess, or what would happen with the war if that was the case, and he probably would have seen his own death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
they were still able to breach the castle defense without battleship yamato crashing into it.

I would think a suicide bomb rush would destroy the aldnoah drive to finish off the castle.
I'm not sure what Saazbaum did, but that one time was really one time in a million, and again, it's never worked before. Also, for some reason I've honestly never seen those drives actually get destroyed before, even after the castle raid, the original deucalion being destroyed, or Cruhteo's castle being destroyed, those globular drives have not once been destroyed, one deactivated. Nobody on Earth seems to know how they work or how to make one since in all those years they had the Deucalion and they were never able to replicate the drive. I'm guessing they can't take it apart either.

Also, while they've gained some numbers, the UFE doesn't have enough people or ships or artillery to keep doing kamikaze attacks on castles. Especially when the castles still in orbit around the Earth can just as easily just do a meteor bombardment and take them all out. It's really not that easy. If it was, Inaho would have suggested it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-04 at 04:22.
Old 2015-02-04, 04:23   Link #169
Raziel1991

Episode 15

Inaho: I will wait until the instant he comes out of the rocks (15:39)
Slaine: He will attack the instant I come from the rocks (16:02)

Inaho at this point atleast did not shoot any projectiles and yet Slaine here succesfully predicted what he was going to do.
Old 2015-02-04, 04:40   Link #170
Irenesharda

Quote:
Episode 15

Inaho at this point atleast did not shoot any projectiles and yet Slaine here succesfully predicted what he was going to do.
I'll repeat: Slaine can predict Inaho's moves because he's observed him in several battles and knows how he works. He's good at reading the other's maneuvers, not that Tharsis is a precog.

You do realize that unlike all the other counts, Slaine has a past with Inaho even before they actually met. He watched him during his fight against Trillram, he watched him during his fight against Saazbaum, he heard the results of his fight against Vlad, and he actually fought alongside him in his battle against Femmianne. Slaine knows how Inaho fights and what kind of moves he would make in a particular situation. Once you know the moves of your opponent, you can make pretty accurate predictions as to how they will behave.

How the heck do you think he was able to lure Inaho out to that particular area in the first place? He knew what to do to gain his attention and knew that he would separate from the group to go solo. Slaine is very instinctual when it comes to people and this leads him to be able to read people very well. That ability was probably sharpened after observing Saaz. He's shown how good of a strategist he is this whole 2nd cour. He's been able to get Inaho to do what he wanted him to do during both of their encounters in battle. He also knew how Saazbaum would react to him getting hit in battle and that he would want to take out Inaho on his own, which was why he let Inaho hit him in the first place. He knew both of his peices out there on the battlefield and manipulates and moves them as he needs them.

Tharsis is but Slaine's tool, unlike the other counts, he doesn't use his kat like a crutch. He doesn't depend on its ability. His mind, intelligence, instinct, and cunning are his main tools right now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-04, 05:16   Link #171
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

I honestly dont think its all that hard to predict that inaho gonna bust a cap in ur ass right after u appear outside of cover.

You dont need some crazy prediction device or experince to know ur gonna get capped the moment u decide to get out of cover in a fire fight.
Old 2015-02-04, 05:28   Link #172
goblehook

Quote:
Episode 15

Don't discount the possibility that Slain add in and made an assumption of his own that there's gonna be an ambush behind that rock.

Remember, despite his sissy attitude last season. He did fight his way out of Cruhteo's castle all on his own to descend on earth in search of his princess. And he did pilot an aircraft pretty well when he teamed up with Inaho.

For a Terran outcast to be able to make his way as a rear support despite all prejudice do suggest a certain degree of military competence.

There is no mistake that we do find a certain level of mystic in Martian technology. And yet, so far we've seen that all of their abilities have a certain concept or reason supporting it, flawed or otherwise.
Old 2015-02-05, 02:55   Link #173
Khader
Strongest Esper

i gotta give it for the writer
making a character like slaine to stir up people's emotions
by just watching him
Old 2015-02-05, 03:02   Link #174
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khader View Post
i gotta give it for the writer
making a character like slaine to stir up people's emotions
by just watching him
Slaine certainly is an .....unique character.
He's unpredictable in an unsatisfying way. He doesn't really have an allegiance to any side and doesn't mind killing either side too.
Old 2015-02-05, 09:47   Link #175
Irenesharda

Quote:
Slaine certainly is an .....unique character.
He's unpredictable in an unsatisfying way. He doesn't really have an allegiance to any side and doesn't mind killing either side too.
Well, he didn't always mind killing, in the beginning he couldn't bring himself to fire on his fellow Terrans. However, through the events of last season and the season finale, he became a much less naive, much more hardened character, a lot more complex.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-06, 02:09   Link #176
Key Board
Carbon

The relationship between Inaho and Slaine is kinda like late late S2 Code Geass

Inaho and Slaine are certainly not friends, but they acknowledge each other's worth, and have a silent agreement that they will use each other to further their own plans
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2015-02-08, 02:41   Link #177
Tormenk

At this point they are just formidable enemy asset to each other, something to account for rather than a mutual cooperative situation. Slaine's in a better position now than before to enact on his goal while Inaho is still just one soldier who just found a faint lead to search out Seylum, and he's probably staying a grunt barring a ridiculous promotion. How do you figure they can use each other to further their own plans?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2015-12-25, 13:30   Link #178
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XVI. Soldiers' Pay

As of now, the political content of the show's second season has not made bored, yet.

In fact, Slaine has been devising his strategies and delivering excellent results, in order to keep the rest of the Knight clans tamed. If you're in need of power, you must rally the masses to your cause, and, in effect, the people with power interested will eventually come to you for support.
Slaine's a playing a dangerous game, but if Inaho's were in the same position as he is, then the latter surely would play those cards. More importantly, his strategies are yielding results in order to lift the morale of the subordinates he inherinted from Count Saazbaum. Subsequently, the vassals are slowly or quickly acknowledging his exploits and his commitment, which at the end results has made him to win both their trust and loyalty.
Henceforth, the other Martian nobles dare not act against him for now at fears of instigating an internal power schism amongst clans that could result in further bloodshed and discord within the Martian nobles.

So, now that Slaine has dealt his current cards, then it's time for Inaho to play his next move.
Closed Thread