AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-08, 03:38   Link #161
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Name one or two anime that does this.
Those aren't my own sentiments. I'm saying that people who say the examples I gave in my post are essentially making that argument when they say things like "it only seems generic right now, wait until the twist comes later, then it'll stop being boring!" I know it's (probably) not their intention, but that's how it comes off to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
While I generally agree with that (even though I am one of the readers of the AMA LN btw) by dropping it now you have no right to judge the show nor the people watching it.
I meant to mention that my post was mostly just my thoughts in regards to serenade's post. It was not aimed at AMA in particular.
Old 2015-10-08, 04:00   Link #162
cyth
Banned

Quote:
While I generally agree with that (even though I am one of the readers of the AMA LN btw) by dropping it now you have no right to judge the show nor the people watching it.

The 1/4 (or 1/3 usually for 1 cour anime) of total episodes rule for watching anime is there for a reason: If sb watched the first episode of Madoka and then dropped it "as it is yet another generic Magical Girl show" it would be exactly the same.

The major reason why most people with that mindset didn't drop it was for Gen in the writing department. Don't you think that is slightly unfair?

An established writer can always write a bad story (that is the same for every kind of medium) then people will often say that he "had just a bad day" and will still read the next book - on the other hand new writers have to stick out of the crowd from the first book onwards, which something incredibly hard to achieve nowadays just because they started writing later?

If you give a writer no chance to show the full extent of his/her ability, how can you judge him/her or the book/anime he/she wrote (for)?
Anime is usually fine to be judged by the cover alone. The key visual is usually enough to know whether the show will pique your interest or not. Life's too short and there's enough of this shit to go around. You think some of us care that some guy is trying to prevent us from judging a series? With the anime watching experience some of us have under our belts, 10 minutes of the first episode was enough to know this won't interest us. This was the only show I dropped midway this season. It was so terrible. The lack of ambition showed in even the beginning stages of the work was quite underwhelming. From the animation to character designs to story composition. Terrible in every aspect.

One thing with Madoka was that it oozed with ambition from the very first scene. It was enough of an attention grab that it didn't matter who wrote it. There was enough cool factor to last you to the third episode. Please don't make this about star power alone, the show is much better than that, even though it has its problems.

The whatever-episode rules are all arbitrary. Never subscribed to them, but I'm still here, still watching anime after all this time. The countless suckers that put themselves through those torturous ceremonies ... I wonder where they are now?

Sure, I won't have the right to barge in again at a later time and tell you guys how bad this show is (this is forbidden by forum rules anyway), but for this episode I can. Enjoy this trash to your full content!
Old 2015-10-08, 05:32   Link #163
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Anime is usually fine to be judged by the cover alone. The key visual is usually enough to know whether the show will pique your interest or not. Life's too short and there's enough of this shit to go around. You think some of us care that some guy is trying to prevent us from judging a series? With the anime watching experience some of us have under our belts, 10 minutes of the first episode was enough to know this won't interest us. This was the only show I dropped midway this season. It was so terrible. The lack of ambition showed in even the beginning stages of the work was quite underwhelming. From the animation to character designs to story composition. Terrible in every aspect.

One thing with Madoka was that it oozed with ambition from the very first scene. It was enough of an attention grab that it didn't matter who wrote it. There was enough cool factor to last you to the third episode. Please don't make this about star power alone, the show is much better than that, even though it has its problems.

The whatever-episode rules are all arbitrary. Never subscribed to them, but I'm still here, still watching anime after all this time. The countless suckers that put themselves through those torturous ceremonies ... I wonder where they are now?

Sure, I won't have the right to barge in again at a later time and tell you guys how bad this show is (this is forbidden by forum rules anyway), but for this episode I can. Enjoy this trash to your full content!
I'm not sure where exactly the problem is - I didn't mention you, did I?

What you wrote the first time was perfectly fine.

My problem is not if sb decides after the first episode that it is not an anime for him/her but if they bash the show/the people watching it.

If you say that it's a harem/ecchi, so it's not your cup of tea, that's fine.

If you say that it is generic and drop it, that is fine as well.

Just don't go and trash-talk it because of your so-called experience after just the first episode.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:46   Link #164
RDNexus

It's futile for you to do so, it's not the first time he's done so nor it may be the last.
Last time, it was I who tried to reason with him only to get banned for a little while.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:49   Link #165
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
To be honest, they're missing out. I'm sure they'll come back once they hear better reviews about this work that's not on MAL
I read novel and I will keep watching anime at least for time being, but honestly it's not really that good. There is few good moments and action is well written, but who drop it, doesn't miss out.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:53   Link #166
RDNexus

Well, given that it's another one in a few dozens of them, it's not surprising.
Still, it's saddening that the Anime Industry has fallen to this level only to please certain demographics.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:57   Link #167
cyth
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure where exactly the problem is - I didn't mention you, did I?
I replied because you put forth some pretty sketchy reasoning ...
Closed Thread

Tags
harem