3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-12, 10:13   Link #61
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Upon watching Ep. 2 with subs, it seems that both Kuroka and Koneko-chan are the last of their kind.

But seriously, I think they should think about repopulating the race... unless there's circumstances that prevent them from having kids or descendants.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 10:22   Link #62
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Upon watching Ep. 2 with subs, it seems that both Kuroka and Koneko-chan are the last of their kind.

But seriously, I think they should think about repopulating the race... unless there's circumstances that prevent them from having kids or descendants.
It's impossible since they are devils now. They keep their race's powers and abilities, but biologically speaking, they are Devils.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 18:55   Link #63
The 48th Ronin

Well this episode introduced a lot of new characters.

But the best part is tsundere imouto Ravel is back.

It feels rushed. And some parts are shortened/skipped. But it doesn't affect the story that much, IMO.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 19:16   Link #64
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
It was an artist error in the LN. It got corrected later in vol 14.
This series was originally an LN, right? So, I wonder, how is it an error? Unless the bust size is part of the plot somehow.

EDIT: Thanks for explanation below.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2015-04-12 at 19:37.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 19:23   Link #65
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
This series was originally an LN, right? So, I wonder, how is it an error? Unless the bust size is part of the plot somehow.
She was drawn in volume 10 first, where she had a large bust. Then drawn again volumes 11 and 12. The anime aired between volumes 11 and 12 releasing.

In volume 13, she was drawn with the breast size from the anime by mistake. In later volumes (and possibly later printings of this volume?) she had her original bust size back. The illustrator apologized for the mistake.

The anime is now correcting her breast size as well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 19:30   Link #66
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
This wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen in the series.
Old 2015-04-12, 19:37   Link #67
jopjopjop

Quote:
Ravel's bust size is above Asia's and below Xenovia's . Her being drawn as a flatboard was an error.
Old 2015-04-13, 08:07   Link #68
Biohazardous

Ise would approve of all this talk about oppai size.
Old 2015-04-14, 12:10   Link #69
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Ravel's bust size is above Asia's and below Xenovia's . Her being drawn as a flatboard was an error.
I like to think that she just had a sudden growth spurt. It's easier to deal with lol
Old 2015-04-15, 02:45   Link #70
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I like to think that she just had a sudden growth spurt. It's easier to deal with lol
If that were the case, I suddenly have a thought how it happened.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 07:59   Link #71
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The LN didn't have anymore of Ise's training. Only a conversation he had with Azazel in the mountains. There was no fight, it was a One-Hit KO. The Four MAous can be introduced next episode after they return to the party.

Overall it was great. I don't understand why Koneko was the only girl without a dress, but that's really whatever-ish. I need to wait the subs to make sure what they're talking about, but it seems to be fine by now.

Spoiler for Diodora:
Sure someone else mentioned it by now, but Koneko wasn't the only one. Asia and Xenovia were also wearing the school uniform, as were Issei and Kiba. Only Rias and Akeno wore dresses. As far as pacing, I didn't mind it too much, though my opinion may have differed if I'd read the LN. I still find it quite amusing, like the way that Issei's apparently taken to calling Riser "the fried chicken".
I didn't really mind the pace of the training, since it seemed like they meant to only give samples to demonstrate what each one was doing. I did, however, think that it was somewhat unbalanced, since half of them pretty much were just forced to train physically and hone their skills, nothing more, while the other half were forced through a psychological trial that made them face their greatest fears and demons. The psychological strain somehow makes the others' training seem rather mundane.
Also, I kinda wish someone inside would comment on Ravel's sudden growth. I know that she was always supposed to be stacked, but still since they're stuck with an old image of her with barely more than Koneko, they could have played with that a bit and have someone comment on how different she looks. Also, I pretty much assumed that gift was Phenex tears, something that would have serious value and I'm pretty sure was said in S1 to be incredibly valuable, even if the Phenex clan can readily make them.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 08:25   Link #72
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Sure someone else mentioned it by now, but Koneko wasn't the only one. Asia and Xenovia were also wearing the school uniform, as were Issei and Kiba. Only Rias and Akeno wore dresses. As far as pacing, I didn't mind it too much, though my opinion may have differed if I'd read the LN. I still find it quite amusing, like the way that Issei's apparently taken to calling Riser "the fried chicken".
I didn't really mind the pace of the training, since it seemed like they meant to only give samples to demonstrate what each one was doing. I did, however, think that it was somewhat unbalanced, since half of them pretty much were just forced to train physically and hone their skills, nothing more, while the other half were forced through a psychological trial that made them face their greatest fears and demons. The psychological strain somehow makes the others' training seem rather mundane.
Also, I kinda wish someone inside would comment on Ravel's sudden growth. I know that she was always supposed to be stacked, but still since they're stuck with an old image of her with barely more than Koneko, they could have played with that a bit and have someone comment on how different she looks. Also, I pretty much assumed that gift was Phenex tears, something that would have serious value and I'm pretty sure was said in S1 to be incredibly valuable, even if the Phenex clan can readily make them.
That goes to show how much I don't care about their clothes. The only reason I noticed Koneko was because she actually stood out this episode. Ise, Saji, and Kiba didn't wear any differently in the LN, while Koneko and the other girls wore dresses, that's why it stood out to me.

About their training, Ise doesn't have any kind of dark past to get over with, so there's nothing else he can do except for training his already existing skills while trying to achieve a new one (Balance Breaker). Same for Xenovia, Kiba and Asia, the first didn't have any trauma in the first place while the other two already got over theirs with the help of Ise.
Old 2015-04-15, 08:40   Link #73
Biohazardous

BWT that is a very good point and is probably true. She did comment that it is something given to high class devils. That wouldn't be needed by lower classes unless your king handed them to you. Now that you say that it makes me think they will change things from the novel. He pretty much has to use it. If he doesn't we won't know what the gift was.

Chic I'm also not big on clothes in shows and such.
Old 2015-04-15, 08:43   Link #74
GDB

It's a sign of respect, nothing more. That's why it's not often given to low class devils, because why show respect to them? Issei's an exception because of what he did. But overall, this sort of thing is common in Japan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 21:25   Link #75
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 2. Young Devils Gather

I'm granting a higher score to S3 episode 2 due that the pacing set up the calm before a big storm to come.

About Koneko, having her past exposed by Rias makes me to understand that she's been all her life supressing herself in order to avert becoming a monster with an unsatiable bloodlust like her older sister did.

Kuroka and Shirone the nekomata sisters abandoned by the cruel world, and a more grueling fate in store for both as they are on opposite sides of the battlefield.

BTW...
Issei, if Ria's father gives you permission to address him as 'Father' then that likely means he has put you inside the family's circle of trust and gave you his blessing to court and maybe marry Rias, though thinking also at the possibility of granting permission to deflower her that would be too much.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote