AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-30, 22:50   Link #1
Little_One

.Cue files? huh? help plz?

Just recently downloaded The Haunted Mansion and it has a file extension of .Cue I don't really know how to use this... I've tired using .rar [Winrar] to open it... also Windows Media Player and RealOne but it ain't working!! Can sum help me? Plz? Thank you! Happy New Year!!
Old 2003-12-30, 23:01   Link #2
Mcgreag
Gunnm junkie

There should be 2 files, one with the .bin extension and one .cue. It's a cd image, the .bin the image and the .cue includes some info for the burning software on how to burn it. Most modern burning programs support bin/cue (cdrwin was the program that introduced it). If you are using nero then Recorder->Burn Image and open the .cue

Note that this is most likely a vcd or svcd as these are the only ones disted as bin/cue. They are meant to be played in a standalone vcd/svcd player but most standalone dvds support them as well. If you want to view them on you computer you need a program like powerdvd or windvd (there are options to this like using mpeg-2 filters for your media player but often you will end up with the wrong aspect ration if you do so, there are also players like Media Player Classic and VLC with built in support for vcd/svcd). Also note that this info is mostly for svcd, vcd can be played by windows media player with no problems.
Old 2003-12-30, 23:20   Link #3
Little_One

I'm a sad case... I tired opening it with my WinDVD 4 but it still doesn't work... But anyways... I'll try to burn it.... maybe it'll work then.. thanks for your help anyways!! =)
Old 2003-12-31, 01:30   Link #4
Mcgreag
Gunnm junkie

Of course you need to burn it first. The second part was what to do AFTER you burned it.
Old 2003-12-31, 02:12   Link #5
winampman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_One
I'm a sad case... I tired opening it with my WinDVD 4 but it still doesn't work... But anyways... I'll try to burn it.... maybe it'll work then.. thanks for your help anyways!! =)
you have to use the CUE file to burn the BIN file. you cant do anything else with those files. opening it with windvd will do nothing until you burn the bin file using the cue file...

in nero, i just go to files -> burn image -> and select the cue file to burn.

you might have to edit the cue file though. rename the cue to txt. and open with notepad.. there should be a line that points to a directory name. change that to the directory where your BIN file is located. then save and close notepad. rename back to CUE, and burn the BIN using the CUE!