AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 43 56.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-30, 20:43   Link #161
element72

What is the ost that starts at 41:35. I listened to every ost from grooveshark and I didn't find it myself. The ost probably started a few seconds before, but I'm focused on what you hear at 41:35.
element72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 04:44   Link #162
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by element72 View Post
What is the ost that starts at 41:35. I listened to every ost from grooveshark and I didn't find it myself. The ost probably started a few seconds before, but I'm focused on what you hear at 41:35.
I thought the (or part of the) OST will be released in March together with the S1 Blurays (or even included in it), so as far as I know it does not even exist yet.
Old 2014-12-31, 21:53   Link #163
Geburah

Imo the reason why Rin didnt took Archer is due maybe, that Archer TRIED TO KILL SHIROU?

We know that Rin used a Command Seal on Archer but if you know that the situation might become tense there was no need to bring him as well when they had Saber tagging along.

About Shirou actions on Caster deal: Shirou was mostly hesitating on what to do but Saber atack forced his hand to stop her and Caster used that moment to make her move.

Honestly was a quite humane response, no matter how cool headed you are if one close family member is used as hostage with a VERY real (Caster does not bluff on that) chance of dieing you WILL hesitate no matter what decision you take in the end.

But on this case is not the same as Kiritsugu did (his family in exchange of the world) this was a trade of 1 person in exhange of 1 person , and Shirou ideals wouldnt allow him to leave Taiga to die on those terms

Probably Shirou would have acepted the deal since Caster had no use of Taiga and she needed Saber as a tool so she would be safe for the moment, simply Saber saved him from doing a sour trade even if in the end it ended in the same result. Shirou will bet on the " try to everyone leave alive" than "sacrifice one and keep the rest"
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 04:21   Link #164
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Agreed with the last part, but disagreed with the first part. If we go by what have shown, it's not far that Rin would pull something like this just to tease and make fun of Shirou. But timing and length is what made this so hard to watch through.
She wouldn't do it in the middle of the war she's been preparing for 10 years and in middle of attacks to the land she's administrating. The date would have been left to after the conflict, not during it, you know, unlike Saber, Shirou wasn't going to disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Also, this shows that they are still teenagers that have their own lives, not people who pursuing the Grail. They are still going to school, doing normal stuffs. Remember that mages avoid fighting in public, so I don't see any problem with them doing normal things during the day, when normally nothing happens. They are not soldiers, they need to catch a damn break. You guys have no problem with Shirou going to school, to the store during the day, why bashing a little date on valentine's day like it's not part of normal life? I fail to understand.
The modern era magi avoid that. Caster doesn't care, and she was her biggest enemy at that point and had mocked them several times already, doesn't have those objections. People criticize Shirou's forceful attitude toward Saber in Fate route all the time (and I agree with them); it's similar to Rin in this route in some scenes, like this one. It seems pretty forced to have the readers remind there's something romantic going on rather than organic and natural (the scene of Shirou and Rin in the snow an episode ago and the future one in the graveyard are good romantic moments as contrast), IMO. The date could have very well waited until Caster was defeated or, like I suggested, the ending. Rin knows she's endangering the whole town she's administrating. She should have taken Archer at least if she was going to do it. When she was aware that the two times she "forgot" him, they got into trouble.

My original point is her hypocrisy which is result of the forced romantic date fanservice: she accused Shirou of not taking seriously his role as Master by leaving Saber home, for instance, and she's doing exactly the same now.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 06:49   Link #165
Gaulek

They aren't safer in their house than in town, they are normally safer in town if Kirei do his job.

She don't want to bring Archer near Shirou and Caster because he want to kill Shirou and allied with Caster.

She know who is Archer like she show in the date, and know how sad is life was.
She don't want that Shirou have the same sad life, she saw in the episode before that Shirou have fun with nothing, She wanted to change that.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 06:52   Link #166
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plus, given past experiences with him, Rin was suspicious of Archer--I'm not sure she could trust him around either Shirou or Caster, given his dislike of Shirou and his approval of Caster's capability of eliminating Berserker.
Old 2015-01-01, 07:04   Link #167
Tenzen12

We are talking about "ultimately selfish" Rin. She does what she want and if she want take Shiro on date and , she simply will ( and Archer would spoil mood). This date is very in character.

In other she still picked neighboring city for that to avoid encounter with other masters and servants, took "strongest servant" Saber with them and had Archer on standby. So she did took lot precautions beforehand. Was it enough? Clearly not, but we can say that only from hindsight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Imo the reason why Rin didnt took Archer is due maybe, that Archer TRIED TO KILL SHIROU?

We know that Rin used a Command Seal on Archer but if you know that the situation might become tense there was no need to bring him as well when they had Saber tagging along.

About Shirou actions on Caster deal: Shirou was mostly hesitating on what to do but Saber atack forced his hand to stop her and Caster used that moment to make her move.

Honestly was a quite humane response, no matter how cool headed you are if one close family member is used as hostage with a VERY real (Caster does not bluff on that) chance of dieing you WILL hesitate no matter what decision you take in the end.

But on this case is not the same as Kiritsugu did (his family in exchange of the world) this was a trade of 1 person in exhange of 1 person , and Shirou ideals wouldnt allow him to leave Taiga to die on those terms

Probably Shirou would have acepted the deal since Caster had no use of Taiga and she needed Saber as a tool so she would be safe for the moment, simply Saber saved him from doing a sour trade even if in the end it ended in the same result. Shirou will bet on the " try to everyone leave alive" than "sacrifice one and keep the rest"
Shiro ideals are "save everyone without any other sacrifice than himself" It would be far more likely that he would give in Caster first demand in exchange for Saber and Taiga freedom. That exchange he did went AGAINST all his ideals. If there is any other reason than make worst possible choice for sake of itself it would be his personal feelings.
Old 2015-01-01, 07:36   Link #168
Geburah

Well, to me it seems in character, by acepting Caster deal he was risking his life or at least his arm while keeping everyone alive. If he doesnt acept Caster deal Taiga head goes "pop" 100%.

In any case Saber end the discussion before any deal was complete.
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 15:15   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhm... I liked this episode. That is all.

I can't believe I bothered to read a circular discussion that started on like page 2 or 3 and still hasn't been dropped.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 17:38   Link #170
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Ah, that Saber angst was delicious! Clearly, I could see why this is a "sequel" to Fate.zero xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 19:12   Link #171
Tenzen12

Yeah best Saber is bullied one and soon Gil will join game to have some fun too.
Old 2015-01-13, 07:52   Link #172
hoshino_crimsonwings

Question, made me curious, could caster given the time actually summon the holy grail?
Old 2015-01-13, 20:14   Link #173
Tenzen12

We will never find... but if someone could it would be definitely her.
Old 2015-01-17, 15:20   Link #174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If it's just the lesser grail she wants (I, myself, am unsure what one would with a cup that's barely even filled), she could probably obtain it, yes.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 14:46   Link #175
LoveYouSaber

Great episode, and the new version of This illusion/disillusion was nice. Brought back good memories of the old anime.

Also grateful that they managed to insert some cute moments of Saber and her love for food , despite Rin being the main focus of the date/outing.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:06   Link #176
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 12 - The Final Choice

Better late than NEVER, better late than Never.

Three months ago I left pending episode 12 for Unlimited Blade Works season I, and, finally, today I watched it and thus concluding season one by just a margin of one day before the start of season II.

The curtain closed down on Shiro left defenseless, broken, and wandering what has to be done. Certainly, darkness is growing stronger in Fuyuki City, as the Holy Grail War rages to spare no one whether be Master, Servant, or denizen into a banquet of blood, sorrows, and tears.

If anything this episode's first act served me as a remainder of the calm before the storm with Rin, Shiro, and Saber going all out on a date involving some tough batting competition recompensed with a picnic full of sandwiches.

Now, we cut with Caster's ambush, and her delightful triumph winning Saber along with Shiro's remaining command spells, which she's going to put to good use in order to summon the Lesser Grail that obviously Kotomine must know its location about.

The veil of darkness wrapped Shiro and Rin and the rest of Fuyuki. What comes next? I suppose for Rin and Archer to destroy Caster, but what's Shiro going to do with his predicament over Saber's loss? Can he keep up with the fight? or just toss everything aside and wait for someone's else to create a miracle?

No, I do not think Shiro is the latter type. He'll definitely rise again to answer his handicap and step up to the challenge once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber
Great episode, and the new version of This illusion/disillusion was nice. Brought back good memories of the old anime.
Agreed. Beautiful way to end the first season to UBW with a cover version from the original visual novel's song to remind us that this still Fate/stay Night.

Last edited by Guido; 2015-04-05 at 17:26.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote