2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-22, 03:27   Link #61
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
What does Tetra being a trap have to do with it?
Which is funny because Tetra isn't really a trap but 100% female now.
Old 2014-12-22, 03:51   Link #62
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
That explanation highlights the fact the mangaka doesn't understand the subject. Gender is learned through cultural conditioning. Whatever sex the player's body happens to be, that cultural conditioning won't disappear. Biologically there aren't many differences between male and female brains. A man who's been male all his life won't suddenly start acting all cute and fluffy and start wanting to have sex with men because his body is now female.
Gender roles (how each gender is supposed to act in each culture and such) are learned through cultural conditioning, but there are many studies that indicate that it isn't really true for gender identity.

Quote:
One study conducted by Reiner & Gearhart provides some insight into what can happen when genetically male children are sexually reassigned female and raised as girls. In a sample of 14 children born with cloacal exstrophy and reassigned female at birth, follow-up between the ages of 5 to 12 showed that 8 of them identified as boys, and all of the subjects had at least moderately male-typical attitudes and interests. Similarly David Reimer was born male but after a botched circumcision went through reassignment surgery to become female. Though he always felt like a male and eventually reverted back to his original sex. This provides some support for the argument that biological variables have an impact on gender identity and behavior independent of socialization.
There are a few studies that disagree, but that isn't really the majority position. Anyway, obviously, in the real world, the gender identity of an adult would never really change, but, in this case, I don't think it's that odd if the player's internal identity is altered. That doesn't mean the player would forget their cultural baggage, but changing their view of themselves could alter how they express it. It's not like people from different genders grow up in different worlds, after all.

Like I said in my previous message, put aside gender for a moment and look at the Werecats. You don't see people freaking out about their now inhuman faces. It somehow becomes natural to them. So, I don't see how that applying to biological gender is that odd. It doesn't even need to necessarily be something natural, but rather part of the same magic that changed the world and took them there in the first place. I mean - the change of voice certainly isn't natural at least, considering how initially the adventurer keeps the player's voice and then it gradually changes if applicable. If it were meant to be something natural, the voice should change as soon as they wake up in a different body.

Last edited by NeonZ; 2014-12-22 at 05:26.
Old 2014-12-22, 17:32   Link #63
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
That explanation highlights the fact the mangaka doesn't understand the subject. Gender is learned through cultural conditioning. Whatever sex the player's body happens to be, that cultural conditioning won't disappear. Biologically there aren't many differences between male and female brains. A man who's been male all his life won't suddenly start acting all cute and fluffy and start wanting to have sex with men because his body is now female.

Realistically there are thousands of players walking around in elder tale with their gender identity fucked up.

It's fine that the author didn't feel like going into it, but it hurts the narrative's credibility.
The voice changing to match female is one thing.
But I don't think the gender personality change thing is a case in Tetora's situation. To me, that's how he normally acts when he tries to roleplay a female character.

Biggest influence we seen so far is just the biological shock. Nothing in personality.
Old 2014-12-23, 08:25   Link #64
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

It was a nice wrap up episode, Shiroe's plan was explained and we got to see the raid victorious.

Demikras and William got some fun scenes (so tsundere ! )

We got to see PH (they really went their way to show them as shaddy eh)
Closed Thread