AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 44.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-06, 21:52   Link #121
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not counting episode 11 of Fate/Zero since it was an outlier, I don't think any episode had more than 2 minutes of animated added compared to the TV broadcast, and even 2 minutes is on the high side. So really, there's maybe a 5% total difference in run time between the two. Definitely not a "preview" discrepancy.
Episode 12 had like 8 minutes or so of added stuff compared to broadcast (that one episode which was basically one giant conversation between Kirei and Gilgamesh).

But on the whole the added scenes of every episode amounted to maybe the length of a single episode (20-22 minutes). So yeah, a nice bonus, but hardly enough to make the broadcast edits mere previews.

And of course then there was Season 2 of F/Z, which had like 2 minutes of new stuff in total (when S2 desperately needed additions far more than S1).
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 15:12   Link #122
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 08 - Winter Days, Where the Heart is

Having watched this episode one more time now I've gotten the grasp clearly on certain details shed.

Ironic that Shinji mused to himself that he's a first-rate mage for activating his Bounded Filed upon the entire school. To me he looked like a little kid whom happened upon his Dad's revolver and became amazed after shooting dead a cat with it; real first-class mages do not attract attention upon themselves, and, at least, they should have taste at how they accomplish their deeds.

Shinji's annoying and whining, but, unfortunately, for Shiji haters like myself if he manages to escape out loose and without getting harmed or killed, then that means he's still one more role to play in the Holy Grail War whether becoming another Master's puppet or being manipulated into that role.

Aside from Shinji, only a Servant can kill another like, for example, poor Rider biting the dust. However, Shinji was completely taken off guard because the unseen assailant, judging from his dialogue, wasn't a servant, but somebody he, at least, has seen in school. This makes me to conclude the assailant was none other than Caster's master, and I can only think two possibilities:
1. Caster magically enhanced and boosted his master, so that person could kill Rider.
2. Caster magically boosted his master and set that person as diversion, so then the real Caster could sneak undetected and done Rider while the latter was busy fighing Caster's master.

Finally, Shiro's dream at the beginning of the episode, which not necessarily has to be taken literally as a dream in context. The context to me is a dead giveaway for Shiro's ideals getting shattered and unable to recover whether be from betrayal or disillusionment; perhaps, it is another way to say that Shiro could eventually become betrayed by his ideals.

As for Tohsaka, well, had she experienced and seen the horrors that Shiro did in his childhood, then she would also be behaving desintisized from the near carnage that Shinji's magic field did.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote