4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 3.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.90%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-07, 02:57   Link #141
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

The vibe I got from the first two eps is more of "Overman king Gainer" than anything. The design of G-Self ( a Mech with horn is kinda similar to King Gainer - a mech with dreadlock hair ), the walking machines is just like Sillouete engines and the way they treat prisoner so laxing ( In Gainer, Adette - a captured member of Siberian railroad actually just walk around freely. She even got a job as a teacher in the Exodus' school. ). But I love Overman King Gainer so I found it as a good thing. And I don't care if Tomino kill half the cast as long as he leave Aida, slingshot girl and her black, long hair friend alone . I also hope his senpai will not change side, he seems to be pretty ok.

I actually prefer slingshot girl, she kinda remind me of Sara Kodama.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:58   Link #142
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I don't like the animation at all, but the story is interesting. I loved how they paid homage to the old UC Mobile Suits when Captain Cahill(SP?) broke into one of the docks.
Old 2014-10-07, 03:32   Link #143
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

My friend told me it was bad like real bad, but watching the show myself it wasn't as bad as i expected, helps when your expectations are low, story wise I'm interested in the world building for this universe.

And even if our MC hasn't fallen for Aida I have.
Old 2014-10-07, 09:52   Link #144
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

LOL This has all the silliness that the original Gundam had.
Old 2014-10-07, 12:59   Link #145
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

When they looked inside the cockpit, I half expected them to say it looks like hamburger inside.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 13:00   Link #146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm disappointed that they didn't say that. I was expecting it too.
Old 2014-10-07, 17:31   Link #147
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I actually prefer slingshot girl, she kinda remind me of Sara Kodama.
I'm betting she or long-haired friend(turned short-haired pilot?) is the new Freya.

And I'm watching this for Aida.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:43   Link #148
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm betting she or long-haired friend(turned short-haired pilot?) is the new Freya.

And I'm watching this for Aida.
Another one that got seduced by her floating hair, eh ?. No, seriously! What kind of shampoo did she use to have hair like that? . She's the only girl with long hair floating like that ( the girl with long, black hair couldn't do that even though they're in the same place ).
Old 2014-10-08, 00:20   Link #149
Kusano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I can't stop listening to G no Senkou.

That ED is catchy as hell.
I know right.

This http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24604660 is what i have been looping all day. Think lots of peeps on there feel the same.

TSUKAME PURAAAIDO~ TSUKAME SAKKUSESU!
Old 2014-10-08, 12:27   Link #150
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Looking for TV-size downloads of OP/ED. They're quite catchy and so retro.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 23:36   Link #151
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Another one that got seduced by her floating hair, eh ?. No, seriously! What kind of shampoo did she use to have hair like that? . She's the only girl with long hair floating like that ( the girl with long, black hair couldn't do that even though they're in the same place ).
I'm guessing it's because her hair was messed up while in low gravity which is why it stayed that way. On the other hand, if they're in low gravity, they sure can walk normally

Eitherway, I got seduced by that hair too. Darn it.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 15:32   Link #152
askara

Dam this is the most terrible "proper" gundam series i ever seen and i was so excited waiting for this before.

The animation (gundam fighting) is unimpressive and dare i say worst than seed, tried way to hard to portray a new universe setting as interesting and fell flat. voice acting is like from 80s/90s amine recorded with low quality equipment and sounded like playing loud music through a small cheap cellphone speaker(good god when that bunch of cheerleader came on i have to lower the voice). scenes is a random disjointed mess like mc running into wall, dialogue is terrible like being written by a robot(for example mc dialogue when he fight the pirate) and dam that girl keep going "G" makes me want to punch a wall.

and lol the plot make no sense at all. like prisoner/spy suspect get transfer to school and get information of specified of mc and no one care about her being a pirate when under attack and capture G-self somehow is in the hand of pirate again after capture by government.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 13:46   Link #153
s07195
However,

As a modern Gundam anime viewer (first Gundam anime: SEED), I have no fucking idea what the hell was going on in the first two episodes.
Maybe it's time to go back to First Gundam and start there. A lot of people are saying that this is distinctive Tomino style but I'm a relatively new anime watcher so...
Old 2014-10-30, 14:16   Link #154
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
As a modern Gundam anime viewer (first Gundam anime: SEED), I have no fucking idea what the hell was going on in the first two episodes.
Maybe it's time to go back to First Gundam and start there. A lot of people are saying that this is distinctive Tomino style but I'm a relatively new anime watcher so...
Feel free to watch "First Gundam" whenever you want. But if you're only doing it to make sense of Reconguista, then I suggest you don't bother with it. Other than the technology and possibly some element of human evolution/mutation, the story itself should be self-contained.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 15:59   Link #155
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Feel free to watch "First Gundam" whenever you want. But if you're only doing it to make sense of Reconguista, then I suggest you don't bother with it. Other than the technology and possibly some element of human evolution/mutation, the story itself should be self-contained.
Not really to make sense of it, considering it's so far from UC that they made a new calendar for it, but just to get a sense of Tomino's style. I feel left out reading posts on this forum saying 'Oh, classic Tomino style', 'It's nostalgic, 90's feel', etc.

I know this is a Gundam sub-forum and all, but reading this thread makes me realize how much of this franchise I've heard from as word-of-mouth and how much I have actually watched. (Watched SEED... and Build Fighters. That's it really. )
Old 2014-10-30, 16:03   Link #156
kuroihikari2

I've found that most of the stuff from the first 2 episodes (like the factions and why certain characters do certain things) only makes sense by episode 4 and 5. Which is kind of bad for the people who gave it the "standard 3 episode treatment".
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 16:22   Link #157
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Not really to make sense of it, considering it's so far from UC that they made a new calendar for it, but just to get a sense of Tomino's style. I feel left out reading posts on this forum saying 'Oh, classic Tomino style', 'It's nostalgic, 90's feel', etc.

I know this is a Gundam sub-forum and all, but reading this thread makes me realize how much of this franchise I've heard from as word-of-mouth and how much I have actually watched. (Watched SEED... and Build Fighters. That's it really. )
In that case, Turn A Gundam is probably a better choice.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote