Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 22:31   Link #21
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
LOLOL. Just because it's a game setting and it's SAO? Why don't you ask the romcom authors to stop writing another romcom?
Please show me as blatant of a design steal like this novel for a romcom. I'm more irked by that than the concept itself.
Old 2014-01-14, 00:34   Link #22
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Please show me as blatant of a design steal like this novel for a romcom. I'm more irked by that than the concept itself.
I actually don't really think like that, but I'm just going by your yardstick in being judgmental as an example. You should first show me how is this and the other novels you mentioned a blatant design steal?? I don't read this and not a fan of SAO either, but the fact that you made a judgment call before you even read something sounds as dumb as those who decided what an anime is about from one episode, especially those who like to use the words 'generic' and 'cliche' without much of a thought. And this kind of absolutely mind-blowing pre-judgmental and I-know-it-all attitude irks me more than anything else in the world. If you have read all the series you mentioned, it would be a different story though.

Cheers & Peace
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 01:29   Link #23
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

I meant the character designs for this series was stolen from a popular series, which they don't just replicate a similar design for no reason. That is enough for me (and given what I know about it) to ridicule the series as one that has no shame in masquerading around as an SAO offspring, whether or not you or anyone else thinks so or agrees with my valuation process for the other novels is none of my concern. You are all free to agree and disagree with my opinion and process if you want to ramble on, just kindly leave me out of it. From what it looks like, we can form a nearly blind positive judgment for any series given just tidbits of information when there's no translation, but never a negative one and that negative first impressions should be nonexistent. That is all I will say on this topic and in this thread since I'm extremely apathetic to this nonsensical discussion.
Old 2014-01-14, 02:58   Link #24
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
LOLOL. Just because it's a game setting and it's SAO? Why don't you ask the romcom authors to stop writing another romcom?
Lol that will surely take a lot of time

SAO started the vmmorpg plot syndrome since it's the one that became a hit, so I think that's basically where the comparison will started... though tbh when it comes to anime there's still .//hack
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-01-14, 05:25   Link #25
majestix1988

Thread maker i think you need to edit your first due "Similarity issues" that happened on this thread....mostly readers nowaday judge it easily but actually new.....(or putting a P.S. word)

i guess i could explain this via gaming antics Hajime is mostly a typical gamer with
guy who challenge himself via creating their own rules while playing the game think of a guy who playing Demon's SoulDark Souls) that rush to final boss via evading all the monsters only defeating Bosses with loot item can only be used with no death due..no saving( the game that equals with a saving someone life

VRMMORPG is just a disguise on this light novel like SAO or dot Hack only the system/admins changed it(its pretty same you are teleported to different world + you cant see damage system just hp going down like Diablo 2 with no damage counts)
Old 2014-01-14, 12:12   Link #26
Shadow5YA

Uh... is there anything that confirms Ren losing her character affects her real life?

Because if only her character got hacked, I really don't see how the stakes are that high.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:58   Link #27
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Uh... is there anything that confirms Ren losing her character affects her real life?

Because if only her character got hacked, I really don't see how the stakes are that high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom
Here's a basic introduction into the world

Story Synopsis
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

My Opinion
Spoiler:

SAO? No, it's not. As for similarities, it is mainly to the extent that all novels dealing with VRMMORPGs have, "Someone's life is at stake due to some weird ass shit going on with the game itself." Then again, without that plot, these settings wouldn't really exist. Actually, I'm confused why people assume this is like SAO just because the main characters "kind of look like Kirito and Asuna." Which they don't. At least, Sakura doesn't look like Asuna at all except for the fact that she's a chick with huge tits and long hair. I'm sure you can draw comparisons somewhere, but that's a pointless thing to do for people who aren't even going to bother trying to read it.
Loss of her character means loss of her soul.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 20:11   Link #28
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
What does he do about defense and magical attacks? With his low HP and paper thin defense he couldn't afford to take a single hit and I'm sure his opponents would have time to take at least one shot at him. He can't even block. Can he dodge even AoE attacks?
Spoiler for Yes.:

As for the thing with TJP, I'll just copy and paste what I said over on the jcafe boards.

SAO? No, it's not. As for similarities, it is mainly to the extent that all novels dealing with VRMMORPGs have, "Someone's life is at stake due to some weird ass shit going on with the game itself." Then again, without that plot, these settings wouldn't really exist. Actually, I'm confused why people assume this is like SAO just because the main characters "kind of look like Kirito and Asuna." Which they don't. At least, Sakura doesn't look like Asuna at all except for the fact that she's a chick with huge tits and long hair. I'm sure you can draw comparisons somewhere, but that's a pointless thing to do for people who aren't even going to bother trying to read it.

I did like the novel. Kind of. Not great, but it was an enjoyable read. Honestly speaking, reading it was fine and all, but I can't help but feel that it would have been better if I spent that time reading another light novel instead. I don't know what that other novel would be, but I have that feeling.

With that said, I find your opinion on it no less valid than those of a person who thinks the series is cool because of what I've spoken about it and more valid than those who like it "because it looks like SAO." It's just the "negative" context of your words makes you a target for harassment :P
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 22:56   Link #29
laclongquan

From the POV of a gamer/Net user, the motivation of that stalker chic is easy to understand, even if we are not Japanese. Hell, it's just as simple as a REASON to keep the current playing course, which is always a major drive in any sandboxy game.

Of course, the key thing with a WN/LN is writings. How does it go? Full of jokes like Mushouku Tensei? Rambling on like EC? distant and somehow cold like ReMonster?
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 03:13   Link #30
jelder

LOL Considering that SAO itself wasn't original, using it as a reason to mock the originality of other anime/manga/LN is rather funny.
jelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 05:11   Link #31
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The front cover looks like a total rip-off from SAO.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 05:16   Link #32
casgoldsmith

Sword Art Online?
Old 2014-10-03, 05:36   Link #33
Tenzen12

This sound rather interesting, not because protagonist who indeed might (or might not) be another Kirito, but rather because his father look like he has important role, which hints it will not be -do-everything-on-my-own,-save-all-chick-and-create-harem stuff- (I am not against harme in particular though).

Does anyone translating this?

PS: Re-Monster, EC and into certain degree even Shield Hero are more inspired by Log Horizon than SAO, actualy considering Nipple Stalker, Ossan and others it looks to me like actualy more prevelant approach.
Old 2014-10-03, 08:25   Link #34
Breimoon

I read RE-Monster ,Shield Hero ,SAO and Log Horizon and i can say that each type of story has its charm and its bad parts, the cover does kinda look kinda like a ripped off Asuna and Kirito but wont comment on the story since didnt read yet this work. By the way tenzen i don't think Re-Monster was ispired anyway by Log Horizon and didnt Shield Hero WN come out earlier than Log Horizon's?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 08:46   Link #35
Tenzen12

I am not sure what came actualy first, both LH and TY started as WN and while TY has more chapters each is pretty low on content and could be writen in single day, but you might be right in the end.

But what I meant is, Log Horizon contained two basic elements that became pretty popular afterward:

1)Real Fantasy world working on RPG mechanics (exp, lvs, skills ect...)
2)Settings exposure : Thoroughly dealing with these game mechanics, technology development, politics and social issues and characters impact on it (Well Mamare is Mamare)

In other hand SAO is more of Heroic epos of sort where actual mechanics and settings aren't realy important unlike Kirito pawning enemies and building harem (it's not like that is bad thing on it's own though, I liked it when Conan did it)