Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-02, 04:52   Link #5521
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren31 View Post
Shia also knows about Hajime story..
ah yea, I forgot he told her when they first met(?)
Man I gotta reread stuff, I'm forgetting things...
Old 2014-09-02, 04:55   Link #5522
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
So even though, I know the answer (Maybe?)
But just to be sure, Yue is the only one that knows, in what kind of hell Hajime went through to survive right?

or did he tell anyone else in his Harem?
If you re-read the chapters from the time Shia appears until she joins them, you will probably find it. I forgot which chapter, but I remember Shia cried when Hajime told her about him. Well, Shia cried on many occasions beside that one as well.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 05:02   Link #5523
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
As for Darius Drake's comment, I am too tired to reply to his comment. Someone please enlighten him for stuffs he was missing because I doubt he went through 200+ pages for spoiler. He also missed the part about Kouki's hesitation to kill almost put his classmates at risk of slavery or death. Then when Hajime showed up, saved them, and killed the devil woman, Kouki was like:"Don't kill her, take her prisoner and you gotta listen to me because I'm the hero" ignoring the fact that she tried to kill them before.
That was actually mentioned while I was lurking. I still think you're overreacting to it.

Seriously, all he really does is overreact to his childhood friend suddenly (to him) saying what he hears as "I'm crazy about a person I haven't seen in 4 months, has changed drastically in those 4 months, just admitted he's in love with someone else, has two more people wanting to jump his pants behind him, and paid attention to for no real reason before we came here!"

Okay, sure, Hajime just saved them all from Kouki's blunder of failing to kill someone trying to kill/enslave them. Still doesn't change the fact that the big thing that everyone's stating is the prefect reason to despise Kouki is him, basically, going "Okay, hey, girls following that guy. Do you want to, maybe, move away from the person who seems to be magically brainwashing you?"
Quote:
Kouki thinks that
Library = a waste of time
Training = is a good place to use your time and can make you a lot stronger..

Like I said Kouki doesn't think that much and if he ever thinks something it will only be for his own convenience.. ( you overestimate Kouki)

Heck the kingdom that summoned them would have already been destroyed by the demons if Hajime didn't save them..
If you see it that way, you see it that way. I see it differently, though, and I doubt we’re going to easily agree on this one. No point in arguing about it anymore, then.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 05:33   Link #5524
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
That was actually mentioned while I was lurking. I still think you're overreacting to it.

Seriously, all he really does is overreact to his childhood friend suddenly (to him) saying what he hears as "I'm crazy about a person I haven't seen in 4 months, has changed drastically in those 4 months, just admitted he's in love with someone else, has two more people wanting to jump his pants behind him, and paid attention to for no real reason before we came here!"

Okay, sure, Hajime just saved them all from Kouki's blunder of failing to kill someone trying to kill/enslave them. Still doesn't change the fact that the big thing that everyone's stating is the prefect reason to despise Kouki is him, basically, going "Okay, hey, girls following that guy. Do you want to, maybe, move away from the person who seems to be magically brainwashing you?"

If you see it that way, you see it that way. I see it differently, though, and I doubt we’re going to easily agree on this one. No point in arguing about it anymore, then.
No
From my view , kouki was snaped by the fact someone he was thinking weak, save his ass,
Kouki always get the long stick, not caring a bit for others feelings, you think that is a good think?
Apart from the opinion we have,
Kouki is a bastard who cannot say thanks after being saved twice, any misplace grudges are irrevelant if you dont say thanks first, after you can try convince hajime, but he does not, he was ordering hajime. He was blind to kaori feelings(kaori is not his thing)
He saw yue and co. And quickly made the assumption they were slaves, why? Coz anybody will stay near hajime on her own?
The most of kouki big asshole is after all done and say he cannot do a thing, he would be already death if hajime like it. He is alive only out of hajime kindness, hajime debts nothing to him, so...
Why thinking only hajime is evil/bad and so?
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 05:40   Link #5525
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

@Darius Drake
I don't know why you called it overraction, but I think everyone's reaction to that situation was correct. Kouki was too dumb to read the mood and other people's feelings. Everyone else (his classmates) beside Kouki already guess about what happen between Hajime and his girls, and the only peson who reacted negatively over it is Kouki. I think there was no magical brainwashing and whatnot in Kouki's thought. Kouki just wanted to badmouth Hajime because of Kaori's confession, he probably thought Hajime was not worthy of Kaori's love because Hajime got so many women already, then he started his rant and further denied Hajime's trustworthy companions as being forced to follow Hajime because nobody will follow an otaku freak. You just want to make excuses for Kouki not accepting reality because of his mindset. Know that the only person who thought that Hajime forcing the girls to follow him was Kouki. Hajime ran into Aiko and his other classmates before, but how come they never thought Yue and Shia were forced to follow him? I repeat: The only person who thought Hajime forced the girls into slavery, magically brainwashed them (in your own words) into following him is Kouki. The other classmates might envy him, but they did not react negatively like Kouki did.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 05:53   Link #5526
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
@Darius Drake
I don't know why you called it overraction, but I think everyone's reaction to that situation was correct. Kouki was too dumb to read the mood and other people's feelings. Everyone else (his classmates) beside Kouki already guess about what happen between Hajime and his girls, and the only peson who reacted negatively over it is Kouki. I think there was no magical brainwashing and whatnot in Kouki's thought. Kouki just wanted to badmouth Hajime because of Kaori's confession, he probably thought Hajime was not worthy of Kaori's love because Hajime got so many women already, then he started his rant and further denied Hajime's trustworthy companions as being forced to follow Hajime because nobody will follow an otaku freak. You just want to make excuses for Kouki not accepting reality because of his mindset. Know that the only person who thought that Hajime forcing the girls to follow him was Kouki. Hajime ran into Aiko and his other classmates before, but how come they never thought Yue and Shia were forced to follow him? I repeat: The only person who thought Hajime forced the girls into slavery, magically brainwashed them (in your own words) into following him is Kouki. The other classmates might envy him, but they did not react negatively like Kouki did.
This, so much this. Not to mention that, like I said many time before, Kouki jumped to the WORST possible conclusion just from that alone.

Or here's an example: After reading this phrase of your "As such, I can EASILY see myself saying the exact same things of Kouki if I was in Kouki’s position, having not noticed Kaori’s feelings.", I think you're an ungrateful asshole who badmouths and accuse this person of being a scum even though he just saved your ass.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 05:56   Link #5527
Darius Drake

Quote:
@Darius Drake
True. You haven't said anything drastically untrue in this.

Honestly, my point of view is based on the fact that I could see myself doing the EXACT same thing he did in his situation. Which is why I'm arguing that you're overreacting. I have a VERY MILD version of Aspergers (mild to the point where I almost wasn't diagnosed with it), and suspect that Kouki is similar to me. It explains everything that I've seen you complain about him, but pulls it back from "he's a worthless peice of self-absorbed garbage who should be killed ASAP" that many people on this board seem to encourage, and puts him into a situation where, partially, "change, particularly sudden change, can be upsetting to him".

And, yes, I do understand that his being brought to this world could be easily seen as sudden change. However, it depends on the individual, and if Kouki saw the change more of a "I'm the hero in a Video Game" and was comfortable with that, it could be enough to deal with that change. However, having two people he knew and thought he knew how to act around suddenly, and without warning, turned into complete strangers is something that would distress him more.

So, yeah, use your take on it as you like. I'm just sticking myself into Kouki's position and feel that it's acceptable and understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
This, so much this. Not to mention that, like I said many time before, Kouki jumped to the WORST possible conclusion just from that alone.

Or here's an example: After reading this phrase of your "As such, I can EASILY see myself saying the exact same things of Kouki if I was in Kouki’s position, having not noticed Kaori’s feelings.", I think you're an ungrateful asshole who badmouths and accuse this person of being a scum even though he just saved your ass.
If that's your take on it, that's your take on it. However, that wasn't what I was saying.
Old 2014-09-02, 06:06   Link #5528
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
T
Honestly, my point of view is based on the fact that I could see myself doing the EXACT same thing he did in his situation. Which is why I'm arguing that you're overreacting. I have a VERY MILD version of Aspergers (mild to the point where I almost wasn't diagnosed with it), and suspect that Kouki is similar to me. It explains everything that I've seen you complain about him, but pulls it back from "he's a worthless peice of self-absorbed garbage who should be killed ASAP" that many people on this board seem to encourage, and puts him into a situation where, partially, "change, particularly sudden change, can be upsetting to him".
This is something I found on the net about Asperger's Syndrome symptomps. It may not be right, but I'm basing on it to dissect Kouki.

+ Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
- "Not pick up on social cues" might be true and not the latter.

+ Dislike any changes in routines.
- Not quite, since he adapted well to his arrival to a new world but reacted badly to Kaori leaving

+ Appear to lack empathy.
- Wrong, since he does hesitates to kill someone and actually worry about the slaves in a very wrong way.

+ Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others' speech. So your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. And his or her speech may be flat and hard to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
- Don't know

+ Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."
- No.

+ Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.
- I don't think so

+ Avoid eye contact or stare at others.
- Don't think so too.

+ Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
- Don't think so too

+ Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or studying astronomy. They may show an unusual interest in certain topics such as snakes, names of stars, or dinosaurs.
Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.
- Most likely no

+ Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory processing disorder.
- Definitely no since he can combat just fine

(The list is here: http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc...drome-symptoms.)

Quote:
If that's your take on it, that's your take on it. However, that wasn't what I was saying.
Uh, that's not what my take on it. Rather, that's an example of what Kouki was doing and why I have a problem with it: Jumping to the worst possible conclusion.
Old 2014-09-02, 06:09   Link #5529
Beelze
Maou's son

Kouki is what the author made him to be if the author decide it kouki will change if not all hail kouki cause the thread will stay active
Beelze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 06:10   Link #5530
DiamondBanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
Lol... I guess the majority of Arifureta readers just wanna see what stupid thing Kouki would do next. Than we realy need to thanks Kouki (even though He don't know how to say thank you) for all these hype of Arifureta...

ALL HAILL KOUKI....!?
i am one of them

ALL HAIL KOUKIIIIIII
DiamondBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 06:18   Link #5531
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBanker View Post
i am one of them

ALL HAIL KOUKIIIIIII
I am more interested in how hajime will deal with shia/kaori when they become serious wanting his pants
Kouki could be the MC friend who helps, offer a diferent opinion, but nope, kouki is the ass tard made for hate him, now i only wait for the time someone(hájime,yue,demons,eri) kill him and saves us from the most tard i read in this type of LN

Ren31, yea you get pretty acurate, not forget he saw hajime harem and is very jelaous coz someone he thinks is in his harem turns she wants hajime pants(kaori)
Mari the pityfull witch
Old 2014-09-02, 06:18   Link #5532
ren31
King of the Night

So I guess,
Kouki getting his ass save twice and not even any words of thanks to the one who saved him and he even have the guts to order the one who save his ass and also defame the one who saved him,
is normal?
Old 2014-09-02, 06:22   Link #5533
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
So I guess,
Kouki getting his ass save twice and not even any words of thanks to the one who saved him and he even have the guts to order the one who save his ass and also defame the one who saved him,
is normal?
Yup. Or at least, it's specifically directed toward Hajime.

Which, in my opinions, make it worse. If he's like this with everyone, I can accept that he's socially stunted or still just a child. However, if it's the latter, it means he's specifically being an ass to Hajime just because said person is the one Kaori love.
Old 2014-09-02, 06:31   Link #5534
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Man, so many quoted statements & scattered unhidden spoilers in less than a day (Sorry new comers).

Just all the passionate Kouki ramblings getting pretty much everyone unhinged in different ways.

...We really need Miu back. Miu's adorable presence pretty much makes everyone feel at peace in-universe and out. To busy to hate when everyone is going 'D'aaaww~" or "Hhhnngggh~" (Or at least repost those cute translated moments)
Old 2014-09-02, 06:47   Link #5535
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Man, so many quoted statements & scattered unhidden spoilers in less than a day (Sorry new comers).

Just all the passionate Kouki ramblings getting pretty much everyone unhinged in different ways.

...We really need Miu back. Miu's adorable presence pretty much makes everyone feel at peace in-universe and out. To busy to hate when everyone is going 'D'aaaww~" or "Hhhnngggh~" (Or at least repost those cute translated moments)
Hell yeah, this is very welcome, we better turn this talk in myu greattness(for real this time)
I begin
Spoiler for myu cuteeeeee:

You want stop hajime? Make myu sáy him "papa you dont love myu?" And hajime is done for...
Mari the pityfull witch
Old 2014-09-02, 06:49   Link #5536
chaosbeowulf

Hm, maybe instead of bashing Kouki, we discuss the ranks for Hajime's harem/waifu? Yue would be #1 and legal wife of course, but what about the rest? Who would be #2, Shia or Kaori?
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 07:16   Link #5537
gimme breack
I Hate Ecchi . . . NOT!!?

Spoiler for V1C6:

The parts when Kouki so blockhead

and Hajime not save him twice but trice if not fourth, the first and 2nd were in the orcus dungeon right after bahamut got summoned, and the process make hajime feel almost death for many times...
Old 2014-09-02, 07:54   Link #5538
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
+ Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
- "Not pick up on social cues" might be true and not the latter.
I was going with this one (body language and inborn social skills). He, instead, fulfils a sterotype that he purposefully targeted due to the perceived ease of the role (School Prince). This also can be utilised to explain his trouble with what Hajime was originally, since he’s “not putting the effort into even trying to fit into the class”.
Quote:
+ Dislike any changes in routines.
- Not quite, since he adapted well to his arrival to a new world but reacted badly to Kaori leaving
Who said that his routine changed all that much between the two worlds? Seriously, the little we know about what he was like in Japan, he could easily see his routine as being quite similar in the magical world.
Quote:
+ Appear to lack empathy.
- Wrong, since he does hesitates to kill someone and actually worry about the slaves in a very wrong way.
The hesitation to kill is a display of empathy, however, the site you went to does not say that people with Aspergers don’t have empathy, just that they don’t, necessarily, display it normally. Don’t see why you’re saying wrong here, honestly. He didn’t display empathy when Hajime ‘died’, going more on a “there, there” route to comfort Kaori.
Quote:
+ Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others' speech. So your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. And his or her speech may be flat and hard to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
- Don't know
...I will, technically, agree. However, I suspect the first part of this one isn’t the case, mostly because I know that Japanese is a language which sometimes requires the accent to be correct to say the word correctly.
Quote:
+ Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."
- No.
I think that he’s a bit too old for this one to fully apply. But, sure, I can agree with your decision.
Quote:
+ Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.
- I don't think so
Can’t say myself, either.
Quote:
+ Avoid eye contact or stare at others.
- Don't think so too.
Never brought up in the story, so I’ll say no.
Quote:
+ Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
- Don't think so too
Agreed.
Quote:
+ Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or studying astronomy. They may show an unusual interest in certain topics such as snakes, names of stars, or dinosaurs.
Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.
- Most likely no
Eh... I don’t know.
Quote:
+ Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory processing disorder.
- Definitely no since he can combat just fine
I have no problem with this conclusion.

Please note, these symptoms aren't present in everyone with Aspergers. While writing most of them off as you did, Lhklan, would likely mean that they don't have it, I have disagreed with you on a few of them.

Oh well. Let's just end this discussion here. I can't really think of anywhere further we can go on this topic right now.
Old 2014-09-02, 07:59   Link #5539
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Yeah, let's just agree to disagree. Well, back to Miu: How would Miu react to Kaori's new body?
Old 2014-09-02, 08:11   Link #5540
dragon1412

there is no such things as mild level of Asperger's Syndrome, if it was, no one would call it Asperger's Syndrome anyway, this is coming from a psychologist. Kouki have no such things either, he is simply someone with a one-tracked minded and used to his assumption been true to many times causing self-centered mind, basically, if you put him in a sport competition he might become an awesome guy, put him in a death fest... not so well.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel