AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2014-07-24, 20:12   Link #1201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else could see them as it has always been described as unseen.

It might just be for the sake of the readers has having invisible force tear up the place just doesn't have the same effects.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 20:51   Link #1202
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I don't know why people are seriously wondering why Kamijou forgot about the dragon. This is clearly a retcon (an awesome one at that). You can just as easily say that he knew the entire time but just never said anything. It would actually make his composure in Volume 22 make more sense. I would like Volume 10's extra material touch on this.
Old 2014-07-25, 10:14   Link #1203
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
not only Touma, Mikoto, and I refuse to believe that this event was not being monitored by the dark side.
I'm sure Aleister would have put a stop to any dark side involved, like how the dark side had no idea where any of the Sisters went after the Level 6 shift failed.

I definitely wasn't expecting anything like this. Having an 8-headed dragon pop out is pretty crazy. Glad to see Kongou and Shokuhou get some more closure in the printed volume.
Old 2014-07-25, 11:00   Link #1204
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

>49. I am in a secret fourfold word, the blasphemy against all gods of men.

>50. Curse them! Curse them! Curse them!

>51. With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross.

>52. I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him.

>53. With my claws I tear out the flesh of the Indian and the Buddhist, Mongol and Din.

>54. Bahlasti! Ompehda! I spit on your crapulous creeds.

>55. Let Mary inviolate be torn upon wheels: for her sake let all chaste women be utterly despised among you!

Guess the source.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 00:32   Link #1205
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else could see them as it has always been described as unseen.

It might just be for the sake of the readers has having invisible force tear up the place just doesn't have the same effects.
I kind of feel the same way you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't know why people are seriously wondering why Kamijou forgot about the dragon. This is clearly a retcon (an awesome one at that). You can just as easily say that he knew the entire time but just never said anything. It would actually make his composure in Volume 22 make more sense. I would like Volume 10's extra material touch on this.
Well you could both be right. Maybe Touma can't see it, but he can feel it. He can feel the strange power so he recognizes it in Volume 22 even if he can't actually see the dragon doing anything.

Also, it's possible that Izzard saw the dragon in Volume 2 because his alchemy made him imagine it rather than Touma's IB actually being visible to him. (Ars magna could have made IB appear differently?)

Maybe whatever Touma is doing is only viewable within another phase like the imaginary number district so only Aleister could observe this happening?

I feel like this explanation would make the most sense.

Also, I'm guessing their reactions will also make more sense when the manga is released lol. Now I'm super excited about the extra content.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 15:44   Link #1206
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Seems definitely like Yamata no Orochi and not for "visual effects"

Was this posted? Haimura drawn cutie-- I mean Dolly
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 06:42   Link #1207
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well you could both be right. Maybe Touma can't see it, but he can feel it. He can feel the strange power so he recognizes it in Volume 22 even if he can't actually see the dragon doing anything.

Also, it's possible that Izzard saw the dragon in Volume 2 because his alchemy made him imagine it rather than Touma's IB actually being visible to him. (Ars magna could have made IB appear differently?)

Maybe whatever Touma is doing is only viewable within another phase like the imaginary number district so only Aleister could observe this happening?

I feel like this explanation would make the most sense.

Also, I'm guessing their reactions will also make more sense when the manga is released lol. Now I'm super excited about the extra content.
im one of the people who thinks that the IB/Dragon adjusts itself to the strength of the supernatural phenomen it needs to negate...
Spoiler for index stuff:

Mikoto Lvl 5.5: she was already by 50% of her transformation,
Spoiler for index stuff:
therefore 8 dragons showed up and did their job...

at least this would explain the different versions of IB...

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2014-07-27 at 10:48.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 09:29   Link #1208
GDB

Spoiler tag that stuff from the Index novels, please.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 16:56   Link #1209
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

There's some more stuff from volume 10 and apparently the first dragon was unable to break the black sphere in the volume version which is why the other dragons came out to work together to be able to break it. Also, Dolly mentions the promise to take her to the sea to Misaki and Mitori while Misaka Imouto told Mikoto that she wants to go to the sea.

Spoiler for Dolly:

Spoiler for Misaka:

Spoiler for Dragon:
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:07   Link #1210
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

I've got higher quality ones for the dragons.

Spoiler for Dragon mauling:
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:18   Link #1211
GDB

What witchcraft is this? Misaki without her star cross eyes? THIS IS MADNESS!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:28   Link #1212
Wandering Soul

Not cool. Misaki isn't Misaki without stars in her eyes.
Old 2014-07-28, 17:32   Link #1213
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

I see stars in her eyes, they're subdued but they're there.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:39   Link #1214
pampz21
ShipCore

Is this flame of Recca without the flames?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 19:39   Link #1215
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Misaki & Full Tuning(?) = ;_; feels.

Dragon mauling is hot. One of them is my waifu.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 07:57   Link #1216
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
There's some more stuff from volume 10 and apparently the first dragon was unable to break the black sphere in the volume version which is why the other dragons came out to work together to be able to break it. Also, Dolly mentions the promise to take her to the sea to Misaki and Mitori while Misaka Imouto told Mikoto that she wants to go to the sea.

Spoiler for Dolly:

Spoiler for Misaka:

Spoiler for Dragon:
Damn it! Misaki's tears of joy just break my feelz meters, Same with Dolly. Why do the Misaka's clone always better than the original anyway ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 04:54   Link #1217
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post

thanks and now im comepltly sure that my theory about the IB was correct...

one dragon wasnt enough to stop lvl5.5-misaka and IB adjusted its strength so that it was able to negate the supernatural phenomen

this would also explain why it was stronger in WW3 and weaker in NT4...
the difference between "being formless" and "dragon-like" is maybe because of the AIM field in AC...
it has the same effect on IB/dragon which it has on aiwass, it forces the formless existence into a "vessel" to make it easier to use
Old 2014-07-30, 05:08   Link #1218
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Maybe negate isn't the right word. It looks like it was eating or crushing it. Other than that, a plausible theory.
Old 2014-07-30, 06:36   Link #1219
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
thanks and now im comepltly sure that my theory about the IB was correct...

one dragon wasnt enough to stop lvl5.5-misaka and IB adjusted its strength so that it was able to negate the supernatural phenomen

this would also explain why it was stronger in WW3 and weaker in NT4...
the difference between "being formless" and "dragon-like" is maybe because of the AIM field in AC...
it has the same effect on IB/dragon which it has on aiwass, it forces the formless existence into a "vessel" to make it easier to use
I think still think it may be able true though that what you said may be partially true. There still needs to be additional powerful phases as back-up, for there to be more of IB that actually materializes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post

That looks absolutely beautiful, thank you.

Also, as to the spoilers... well apparently Kamachi DOES know how to write great arcs. He just doesn't write good arcs for the snooty people online he read it without paying at all and try to see it early without getting the tankobon or at least waiting for those to be put up.

We DO deserve it (and I actually buy the volumes BTW).

But yeah, the feels during that Misaki scene with Mitori and Dolly... I understood most of that because there wasn't that much kanji (and some of them I recognized)... That was very touching... Misaki seems to be a lot nicer than she outwardly appears to be... it seems that to the right people... Touma/Dolly... she can be very nice.

And I like how Misaka Imouto showed that sort of still unexplained connection to Dolly. What I'm curious about is whether or not anything more about the shadow metal is revealed.

And now I'm uber hyped for this arc, and I'm ready to change this arc to an 11/10. I also under-rated it.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 07:07   Link #1220
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think still think it may be able true though that what you said may be partially true. There still needs to be additional powerful phases as back-up, for there to be more of IB that actually materializes...
this wouldnt go against my theory, IB/dragon will grow as strong as it needs to be in order to 'negate' the supernatural forces...

the reason why 8 dragons showed up and not 9 or 7 is because 7 dragons are to weak and 9 dragons are to strong,
fiammas and toumas case was also compared many times, i think it wasnt some useless text to fill the pages, im sure that this aspect of "as strong as it needs to be" is also existing for IB....

if, as example, IB is overhelmed and the right arm is severed, the other powers shows up, and railgun proved (at least for me) that if the first 'attack' of the IB/dragon wasnt powerful enough, it will grow as stong as it needs to be in order to negate...