AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-05-09, 13:22   Link #81
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, the last scene is 5 months after Gwen's death, and she was preparing to go to a summer course in college that night. The traffic incident was on graduation day, so likely late May to mid June (given that it specified 2014, I'm going to say mid June given all the snow the North East got this year). So at most a month between the beginning and Gwen's death.
LOL, that was the swipe feature on my phone. I meant "tragic incident" not "traffic incident".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And Peter was still mourning, so it's not like he met anyone in that time.
The fact that he put the costume back on (after Aunt Mae gave her heartfelt speech about letting go) means he has officially left his mourning period. That doesn't mean he's going to jump in bed with the first girl he sees (Felicia? MJ?), but he has clearly been shown to have moved on from the initial tragedy and is trying to find a way to continue.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 14:32   Link #82
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The fact that he put the costume back on (after Aunt Mae gave her heartfelt speech about letting go) means he has officially left his mourning period. That doesn't mean he's going to jump in bed with the first girl he sees (Felicia? MJ?), but he has clearly been shown to have moved on from the initial tragedy and is trying to find a way to continue.
Right, I just meant during those 5 months between her death and him putting the suit back on he wouldn't have met anyone.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 07:53   Link #83
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Saw this not quite on cinema last night quite by happy coincidence, so I pretty much missed out on the majority of the dialogue since I couldn't hear it that well. Still, the fact that it had me quite engaged from beginning to end is a good thing in my books.

I think what I liked most about this movie is that there are many parts where Spiderman is shown being a superhero: helping the little boy on the street, dealing with robbers despite having a cold, and just doing good old superhero stuff. Basically, the stuff I missed from movies like the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, who gave more attention to being super instead of being heroes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:45   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got a chance to see this. Honestly I enjoyed it overall.

Honestly not sure what would be the major complaints coming out of this. Certainly the "too many villains" concern wasn't there since it was mostly Electro with some Goblin and a sprinkle of Rhino at the end.

Spoiler for Movie Thoughts:
Old 2014-05-31, 21:15   Link #85
monster

Once again, Spider-Man doesn't disappoint, especially the way he swings around the city. It's always fun watching Spider-Man. I enjoyed the original trilogy, but these new movies are fun as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In fact the film feels more at times like a series of events that happened to occur within the year cameras just happened to follow around Peter Parker. Hell, there isn't even really a beginning, middle or end for Peter's story (i.e. the film), but rather a series of events that simply happen around him (entire segments and storylines can be completely excised without any harm to other storylines or events).
I think that's just fine. This is a slice of life in your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I think what I liked most about this movie is that there are many parts where Spiderman is shown being a superhero: helping the little boy on the street, dealing with robbers despite having a cold, and just doing good old superhero stuff. Basically, the stuff I missed from movies like the Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, who gave more attention to being super instead of being heroes.
Yes, those scenes were great. I also like his general attitude. He really does enjoy being Spider-Man and it's great that he can be like that given all the negatives that kind of life has for him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 00:33   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Finally got to see it and I'm not quite sure what the gripes are, I was reading comments saying it was worse than Spider-Man 3...I need to know these people's drug dealers...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 22:06   Link #87
Frontier

Just saw the movie today, and I enjoyed it a lot. Not necessarily as much as Winter Soldier, but it was really fun .

Spoiler:

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-06-02 at 12:24. Reason: Somehow I repleaced Garfield with Macguire....
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 09:58   Link #88
GDB

Garfield, not Macguire.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 12:23   Link #89
Frontier

Oops .

Tags
film