AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-22, 20:44   Link #4021
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^I forget. Has it been implied she knows him from "childhood"? She went through great lengths to make sure Tsuchimikado did not tell anything about her to Touma.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:45   Link #4022
Death Usagi
Banned

So... do you guys think NT Volume 10 was one of the best work Kamachi had done out of the entire Index series or you think there is another arc that rivals it?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:50   Link #4023
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
^I forget. Has it been implied she knows him from "childhood"? She went through great lengths to make sure Tsuchimikado did not tell anything about her to Touma.
I'm not entirely sure on that, she sympathizes with him?, I think.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2014-05-23 at 08:22.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:52   Link #4024
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Not the only two brains. Merely one of the two brains that we know of (the other being Kumokawa Seria).
You missed my next sentence lol. But yeah, I should have made sure it said one of them and not only 2, and then edited my first sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I agree, Now I'm not so sure about her and Touma's past, but for her she definitely finds him/IB interesting. I wonder where that actually lies. She apparently has no knowledge of the magic side so what does she see the IB as?
Well, I'm sure we'll find out eventually... wait a minute... She's an esper right since she's in the power development program... She hasn't displayed her powers yet... but... I want to say that she might be the #6 since she found out about Touma's situation so quickly, AND MISAKI knows her. It could be possible... Though then I'm not exactly sure what her power would be...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:52   Link #4025
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well, I'm sure we'll find out eventually... wait a minute... She's an esper right since she's in the power development program... She hasn't displayed her powers yet... but... I want to say that she might be the #6 since she found out about Touma's situation so quickly, AND MISAKI knows her. It could be possible... Though then I'm not exactly sure what her power would be...
Hmm I thought they revealed that in NT7?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:58   Link #4026
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You missed my next sentence lol. But yeah, I should have made sure it said one of them and not only 2, and then edited my first sentence.

I had thought about that awhile ago but it slipped my mind lol thanks for reminding me, but so far evidence hardly has any baring on who the #6 is, I believe the first thing we actually had gotten for it was back in NT with the fake one and the battle with Tsuchimakado she didn't use anything but a pistol basically. Also in the same vein as if she was the #6 why is she in the A Certain High School? at least that's what I thought of way back when and dropped the thought, but then seeing the wiki that Aogami Pierce could be the #6 while being a Kihara in-hiding made me laugh. So like I said before we don't have enough evidence to support anything but speculation, of which I do enjoy doing just that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 21:37   Link #4027
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

its think its about time everyone notice this level 0. it would annoying if most of the people in AC and all the schools in it would be clueless on what happened

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2014-05-22 at 23:03.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 21:45   Link #4028
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

To be honest there are very few reasons left to keep Touma's identity a secret in the video. It seems from world leaders to super villains and mad scientists all the way to military commandos and house wives know the name Kamijou Touma and most seem to have an opinion about it. Then again AC could be seen as a separate nation with no unchecked information going out or coming in.

Kamijou Shiina: "Ara Ara Touya-san. Just who does that boy take after?"

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 22:05   Link #4029
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Kamijou Shiina: "Ara Ara Touya-san. Just who does that boy take after?"
Kamijou Shiina: One of the scariest characters in all of Raildex-dom. "Ara ara Touya-san. Mata desuca?"

I doubt the general public will know about Touma. Up till the time of the AC invasion by Vento the information control around Touma was almost perfect. He is undoubtedly famous (or rather infamous) in the magic world, but that didn't publicly exist until Gremlin started their rampage.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 23:16   Link #4030
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Kamichi may have been sadistic, but to me Togashi is still far more so.

All in All this was an entertaining volume even if I didn't think everything worked as well with me as it did with everybody else (I don't feel like getting hung here so I'll save it for now) The ending was fine, I guess, but frankly Touma screwing everyone over was the biggest highlight for me here. I'm very curious to see what'll come next and whether or not it'll be the final phase of the series, it has been running for a pretty long time after all even if we don't necessarily have a clear end point...besides Aleister....
Old 2014-05-23, 00:22   Link #4031
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

One hell of a roller coaster ride, this volume was. Words can't really describe how I feel about it so I won't bother other than saying that it was great.

Happy that Othinus didn't die though. The OTP ship could still sail!
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 00:26   Link #4032
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
One hell of a roller coaster ride, this volume was. Words can't really describe how I feel about it so I won't bother other than saying that it was great.

Happy that Othinus didn't die though. The OTP ship could still sail!
Yea this one had me all over the place I'd be laughing one minute, rage the next then get beaten down by the feels from Othinus and Touma. I have to say it will keep me looking back on it for a while to come.

On a side note, was that penguin doll in nt 9 a reference to Heavy Object... don't know why I only just thought about it...

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 01:39   Link #4033
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's where. At least I can't think of any other. lol unless it's a really convoluted way of saying it's Eztali.
"Intelligence Agent" is so generic though....Could be a US agent for all we know...
Old 2014-05-23, 02:15   Link #4034
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I just read the epilogue and this sentence is bouncing around in my head
Quote:
"We have no more attachment to Othinus herself, but this ending could hinder Kamijou Touma's future"
I assume they're talking about letting Othinus die/disappear. But I am wondering why they are concerned about the future of a specific human. Are they planning to use him for something like it is implied with what they did with/to Othinus. I think I'm over thinking this this part right now.

Quote:
"High Priest, we're thinking about influencing events by interfering with the existing world, aren't we?"
If we take this at face value, can it be implied that they could have influenced events any time they wanted, right? If this is true then this means it's possible that these gods could be the reason that TouMAN has Imagine Breaker.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 02:35   Link #4035
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Kind of funny that the Fairy spell really does turn her (with help) into a Fairy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem12 View Post
and i wonder if those other gods would also 'help' turn ollerus into a fairy. wonder how that would look like..
Uh, I didn't see a single part of the text that said she was a fairy. And why would she be? The fairy spell was destroyed. No one got turned into a fairy... that was just another mostly accurate but still wrong spoiler... and apparently another one people are going to keep repeating as a fact even though nothing in the text says it. Her being 15 cm is not the same as being a fairy.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 02:41   Link #4036
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I just read the epilogue and this sentence is bouncing around in my head
I assume they're talking about letting Othinus die/disappear. But I am wondering why they are concerned about the future of a specific human. Are they planning to use him for something like it is implied with what they did with/to Othinus. I think I'm over thinking this this part right now.

If we take this at face value, can it be implied that they could have influenced events any time they wanted, right? If this is true then this means it's possible that these gods could be the reason that TouMAN has Imagine Breaker.
What do they mean about no more attachment? Is Othinus originally a member of them? If not, then how did she came up with the name GREMLIN for her own organization? The name of her own organization GREMLIN which is the same as the name of the organization of magic gods is just a mere coincidence?
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 02:45   Link #4037
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure on that, she sympathizes with him?, I think.

Lol at Aqua crying btw, Manly tears man!!!
Knight Leader was the one crying.

@dniv

I remember that in NT.7 it was stated that she was a normal (different from "normal") student and had no powers but used her intelligence to fight Tsuchimikado, unless I'm wrong.

P.S. Am I the only one who wants ti see Touma, Mikoto's father team up in an arc? From what little we know about him I tought he felt like he was kinda like Touma in the way he acted and just went around helping people.
Old 2014-05-23, 02:55   Link #4038
The One Above God
Kamijou

Seria 'manipulated' the 'hearts' of people like Misaki. At the same time, it's said she can't 'manipulate' her own 'heart' like Misaki again.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 03:12   Link #4039
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

9/10 Would read again.

Just finished reading it in one go.
The volume was amazingly intense, words can't describe this boss rush.

Still, at some points it didn't feel like the entire world was after him, just a very large amount of characters.

Guess this volume shows that magic's been revealed.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 03:20   Link #4040
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Ok NT 7 said she wasn't that valuable to the esper psychic powers program so she likely isn't a level 5, but she may have some sort of power... so much for that theory...

Also, I liked this arc best, with WWIII in second. But this arc was best mainly because of NT 9. NT 8 and NT 10 were excellent as well, but NT 9 literally came out of nowhere along with the ending of NT 8, and I guess also NT 10. That was fantastic.

But the middle was the sudden strongest improvement from my POV.

Edit:

^^ I don't know if magic has been believed or people will largely think it is some UFO stunt or whatever when people make crazy fake videos of things.

Though I am curious how AC is going to internationally condone this incident since I swear to God if they take credit for Touma's actions, then those bastards should be destroyed now. There is so much one can take...

AC attacked Touma, hacked other countries' feeds, didn't cooperate with them, and showed more insane technology to the rest of the world. I'm a it curious about the consequences of this...

Magic should be noticed sooner or later... and I wonder what will happen to religion and science when they find this out. Will we get another war? Will people be pissed off that religions use magic and etc... I see dire consequences down the line.

Otherwise, they would not reveal who Touma is for privacy. That's clearly common sense. And he doesn't care if they don't know his name. But I would like a holiday lol to be named for that day.

Also, I thought it was rather obvious from the epilogue that Touma is being used as a key element in the real Gremlin's plan. And that at the same time, Othinus who may have suffered from memory loss at some point... or who might have been manipulated, led Gremlin, which was something the real Gremlin was masterminding the whole time. This group appears to be around Aleister level given that they know more about phases than Othinus, know him, call him young, and mock him to his face even after he rips a hole into their dimension...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark