AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-02, 18:26   Link #1681
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the reason for Miya being "frail" because she overused her Mental Interference Magic?

So, basically, she was a perfectly healthy person around the times she gave birth, and then overused her magic for 13+ years and died.

An "Extra" is a person who is still blood-related to the main family, but is not considered family. In this aspect, she is much closer to the truth than anyone else, because (as of right now) Tatsuya will NEVER be "Yotsuba Tatsuya." He will be the Guardian "Shiba Tatsuya" until the day he dies.
Now bit confuse is erika an extra before she was given the name chiba? Or not bit confuse
Old 2014-05-02, 18:56   Link #1682
IceHism

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the reason for Miya being "frail" because she overused her Mental Interference Magic?

So, basically, she was a perfectly healthy person around the times she gave birth, and then overused her magic for 13+ years and died.
I believe Miya's path to self destruction started after operating on Maya. I don't think she seriously abused her magic like Genzou. But it was a slow buildup that got her in the end as it was just a little past her capabilities.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:09   Link #1683
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Now bit confuse is erika an extra before she was given the name chiba? Or not bit confuse
No. IIRC, she was an illegitimate child, so she wasn't even an extra. Then for whatever reason, they decided to bring her into the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I believe Miya's path to self destruction started after operating on Maya. I don't think she seriously abused her magic like Genzou. But it was a slow buildup that got her in the end as it was just a little past her capabilities.
IIRC, the books say something about how ever since she did the operation on Maya, she started using MI magic like crazy, like a form of penance.

From that point of view, she must have been VERY healthy to start out with, to last for ~30 years of overuse.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:11   Link #1684
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Vol 8 Chapter "Untouchable — The Nightmare of 2062"
Quote:
In the aftermath of this incident, Miya broke her body from overusing her mind manipulation magic before she turned twenty like a penance. She was repeatedly in and out of the hospital and lived her life under medical care for ten years.
Miya broke her body before turning twenty. She had Tatsuya and Miyuki after thirty. It means that her body was in really bad shape, it's really strange that she could have one child, even more 2 in a year span.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:13   Link #1685
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post

Miya broke her body before turning twenty. She had Tatsuya and Miyuki after thirty. It means that her body was in really bad shape, it's really strange that she could have one child, even more 2 in a year span.
I'm sure Tatsurou is attractive enough to help motivate her.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:13   Link #1686
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No. IIRC, she was an illegitimate child, so she wasn't even an extra. Then for whatever reason, they decided to bring her into the family.

IIRC, the books say something about how ever since she did the operation on Maya, she started using MI magic like crazy, like a form of penance.

From that point of view, she must have been VERY healthy to start out with, to last for ~30 years of overuse.
I think both sibling will share the same faith as their mother if they overused much there magic on daily basis ._.
Old 2014-05-02, 19:15   Link #1687
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post

Maybe she took a break in her magic use for the purposes of children? Obviously she never become fully healthy, but healthy enough to deal with the physical strain.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:20   Link #1688
IceHism

Quote:
Maybe she took a break in her magic use for the purposes of children? Obviously she never become fully healthy, but healthy enough to deal with the physical strain.
Or since it is like 2080, technology for giving birth has advanced a long way to make the physical stress not as bad. They could even use magic to assist in the process.
Old 2014-05-02, 19:35   Link #1689
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
she also knows about decomposition, she saw him disintegrate a truck right in front of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Or ask about him for that matter, i mean mayumi who saw him use mist dispersal to disintegrate a truck right in front of her and then see's him using regrowth a magic that is unbelievable, there's no way he was from a normal unknown family with such magics.
The only one who saw Tatsuya vape that truck was its driver, and he won't be telling anyone anything. Mayumi and her group were on the other side of the wall the driver was trying to take down, and Katsuto was nearby but out of sight. All of them sensed the magic (it specifically states that Katsuto realized it was NS magic that disintegrated a large amount of matter), but none saw who did it (though Katsuto showed up in time to see Tatsuya skulking around).

I'll give you Regrowth, though. Just about everybody saw that.
Old 2014-05-02, 19:42   Link #1690
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The only one who saw Tatsuya vape that truck was its driver, and he won't be telling anyone anything. Mayumi and her group were on the other side of the wall the driver was trying to take down, and Katsuto was nearby but out of sight. All of them sensed the magic (it specifically states that Katsuto realized it was NS magic that disintegrated a large amount of matter), but none saw who did it (though Katsuto showed up in time to see Tatsuya skulking around).

I'll give you Regrowth, though. Just about everybody saw that.
???
Mayumi has multiscope which is ESP just like elemental sight so she saw it clearly. Hence why she was shocked.
Old 2014-05-02, 19:53   Link #1691
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I love how this is the vol13 discussion thread and we always find ourselves talking about something more general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
I think it normal that ppl end up talking about general stuff here. There isn t a general thread for mahouka anymore and nobody really goes to the threads of past arcs....
You're wrong. The Discussion About Other Topics is a general thread. It's a thread for topics that don't yet have a specific thread -- like much of what has been discussed here lately.

General topics discussions need to leave this thread in order to let this thread be what it's intended to be: a discussion of volume 13. From this point forward, posts not related to volume 13 will be treated as off-topic and will be dealt with according. If you want to talk about something other than volume 13, do so in another thread or request a new thread.

Edit: The Speculations/Theories for Beyond Volume 12 has been renamed to Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume thread. You may use this thread for predictions / speculations / future content discussions.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 19:07   Link #1692
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Is there anyone eager to see the fight between Tatsuya and the doll- parasites?
They are both above-human andd this time, the demon-king mode is on. No hold back, no shackle, just good old super-power vs super-power.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 20:44   Link #1693
Jamjam

I believe an "extra" does not refer to a single person but to a family. Isn't Ichihana an extra and so is Nakura, the Saegusa butler? Their family is stripped off their number because they had sinned, not powerful enough or have magics like Ichihana that can control the muscles (which is feared). The numbers do not only correspond to a single family. A number 4 can be given to more than one family. Isn't it said that it's only a coincidence that the 10MC today is from one to ten. And in total there are 18 families that can be 10MC so those 18 have numbers 1-10 in their family name. (Before it must've been bigger but was reduced because some became extra).

So Mayumi thinking that Tatsuya is an extra "Shiba" shi-4 does not mean that he's a relative of the Yotsuba Yotsu-4, just that he came from the same lab.
"There is no plan which is without fail, and there is no battlefield without the danger of death. While victory and defeat may be decided by tacticians, living and dying will always be decided by soldiers."
Jamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 22:09   Link #1694
Luckmonth

Spoiler:
"Everyone lives bound and depend on knowledge or perception itself, it's called reality. But knowledge or the perception that something vague. Could Just the fact it's just an illusion, all people living in the assumptions. "
Sorry I'm not good in English
Luckmonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 22:12   Link #1695
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckmonth View Post
Spoiler:
Mind explaining what you post can't understand it
Old 2014-05-03, 22:13   Link #1696
Luckmonth

Mayumi Swimsuit Chapter Part 2
Spoiler:
"Everyone lives bound and depend on knowledge or perception itself, it's called reality. But knowledge or the perception that something vague. Could Just the fact it's just an illusion, all people living in the assumptions. "
Old 2014-05-03, 22:15   Link #1697
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

^ should I repeat what I ask earlier before you post that can you give some brief translation ._. that is all ty
Old 2014-05-03, 22:37   Link #1698
Luckmonth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ should I repeat what I ask earlier before you post that can you give some brief translation ._. that is all ty
It is Mayumi swimsuit chapter I just wanted to ask if anyone can translate it? I've tried with GT but still confusing
Old 2014-05-03, 23:50   Link #1699
Seitsuki
Onee!

Looks like an OCR scan. Quite poor though, loads of mistakes. Actual readers would struggle a bit, never mind a machine.

Spoiler for Only interesting part:

Yuri \o/

Spoiler for Also:

[\o/ intensifies]
Old 2014-05-04, 00:00   Link #1700
millie10468

Thanks to Seitsuki-tan, my former indifference about shipping has been reborn into an intense longing for any ending with Tatsuya and Miyuki. I have finally fallen for the insidious murmurs of the viability of this ship! I have succumbed to the dastardly insinuations of this ship's occupants and especially of Captain Seitsuki-sama! I can finally proclaim that, Be it a romantic ending or a platonic one, as long as the two of them are together in some way, I'll be extremely satisfied.

Because let's face it... Miyuki-chan is a flawless goddess. Not even the anime can take that away from her.

Seitsuki-sama, what are your orders on how to react when this ship is threatened by pirates (Erika and Mayumi ships)?

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote