AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-15, 13:03   Link #641
Iamis

Though I also suspect that Koichi will die at the end of the second year... the thing concerning Maya's restored emotions is just flat out impossible

Regrowth only works on things up to 24 hours in the past, Untouchable happened like 30 years ago

Though If Maya did Die I do suspect a deathbed request or something similar maybe Passing The tool of the sage (Hlidskjalf) to Tatsuya and Miyuki
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 13:06   Link #642
Diocar

Aren t miyuki and masaki the future heads of their families?
If so they simply can t marry
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 13:20   Link #643
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I just want to throw my hat into the Miyuki x Masaki shipping.

Actually, I think it make a frightening amount of sense. Consider this scene in volume 11:

Pay attention to the very last paragraph. I have a suspicion that, as much as a Miyuki x Masaki marriage would make perfect sense in the context of Mahouka's world, I am not very sure whether Masaki would even be able to consummate his marriage with Miyuki. Odds are, their children would not be conceived through sex, at all.

And once Miyuki takes over, she might well commit a huge taboo - in desire that her brother and herself produce a child, but because Tatsuya would never sleep with his sister, Miyuki would mix her genetic material with Tatsuya to produce one of the most powerful magician the world has ever seen.

In the end, once Maya is in her grave, and Miyuki is in charge, Miyuki might well outright divorce poor Masaki. The official justification would be that , as Ichijou Masaki will be the next Ichijou clan head, for the sake of maintaining the fiction of balance, the Yotsuba new clan head has decided to end her marriage to maintain the sham of a balance of power.

And Ichijou Masaki subsequently develops a relationship with Yotsuba Miyuki that parallels the relationship between Saegusa Koichi and Yotsuba Maya in the previous generation. Or maybe not - perhaps Ichijou would grasp the situation with the Yotsuba's, and anticipate that his marriage with Miyuki would alas be nothing more than an arranged marriage, an unrequited love that inevitably comes to an end. From the very beginning of his marriage with Miyuki, Ichijou sees the ending, and resigns himself to it.

Two children would come out from their pairing. The older would be conceived not through sex but artificial insemination. The younger would result from Miyuki more or less secretly raping Tatsuya, and then passing off the child as Ichijou's. When the divorce happens, the older child goes with Ichijou, while Miyuki keeps the younger child. The older child,a male is powerful, but in the conventional sense. The younger child born ten months later, is , a female is a demigod that's the pinnacle of generations of Yotsuba efforts. Separated when both were very young, they meet each other again at First Magical High School, with neither knowing they are siblings, for like Maya before her, Miyuki hides the true lineage of her daughter.

I also suspect Mayumi would end up marrying Katsuto. They will have a good, solid and stable marriage, and Mayumi would be somewhat happy. That's right, I ship Mayumi with Juumonji - their morality seems broadly quite similar, and likely their political positions.

I also think Koichi Saegusa's maneuvering might well end up with Koichi dead before Mahouka is out - we may well actually have a magnificent duel between Koichi and Mayu at the climax of the second year, that ends with Koichi dead, and Maya with a few decades of what's left of her life shaved of as a result of the exertion - on-top of how ever many years the trauma inflicted on her, during the Nightmare shaved off her lifespan.

Finally, I suspect Maya would have a deathbed request - she will ask Tatsuya to use his abilities to undo his mother's work on Maya's mind. With the spell undone, the extended non-life and stay of execution that Miyu's works afforded expires, and Maya, in her dying moments, dies as truly herself. In those final moments, she will ask the siblings for forgiveness, and it being granted, dies in ironic peace, as peaceful as any Yotsuba could die anyway.

Is higly unlikely Miyuki marry Masaki cuz both are Heirs, at least its the mechanics of this LN series, when Maya was about to marry Koichi she was suppose to get in 7th Clan, about "forbbiden taboo" I will like to read more about Minoru? Kuduo, seems to be its considered NOT taboo if they do artificially, cuz no body contact?, BTW: Someone remember when I said it will not surprise me if Tats and Miyuki or both were born this way due Miya fragile body, this Vol seems to shown a very pragmatic Society due Power Ups search, in another angle looks like Shiba siblings 3rd years comes to open war against Zhou Organization, well, is the path I see from spoilers in this Vol.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 13:23   Link #644
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Bunch of text
That dance part he added was intentional. To show her utter devotion to Tatsuya and that she is unattainable, to the point she hates other men. That's also interesting to see that men don't approach her when she is with her brother. During the Valentine she didn't receive chocolates, Masaki is the only one who tries but his case is hopeless, just like Miyuki's situation.

I don't think Tatsuya will ever have a child with Miyuki, he is not in love with her, that's the only thing that can't change but even if it happens it will be consensual, full blown sex and meaning that he loves her as a girl.
There is nobody on this planet able to rape Tatsuya .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
Though I also suspect that Koichi will die at the end of the second year... the thing concerning Maya's restored emotions is just flat out impossible

Regrowth only works on things up to 24 hours in the past, Untouchable happened like 30 years ago

Though If Maya did Die I do suspect a deathbed request or something similar maybe Passing The tool of the sage (Hlidskjalf) to Tatsuya and Miyuki
Anything is possible in this novel. What if the relic amplifies his powers so much that he is able to restore thing to this extent?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 13:43   Link #645
Iamis

you talking about the Magatama? The Magatama is supposed to be able to store Magic Sequences Not amplify Magic

Besides how would Regrowth get amplified in the first place without causing more pain to the caster? 30 seconds caused around 150 times greater pain then Isori and Kirihara felt, 30 years would probably just flat out kill Tatsuya from shock
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 13:53   Link #646
Chris38

Personally, I'm not so sure if Tatsuya isn't going to be eventually going to be able to love Miyuki as a women...

After all, to me his love for her ... definitely surpasses the level that siblings normally have and while I'm aware that Miya has mentioned that the only remaining emotion that Tatsuya has is brotherly love... but at the same time, she said this:
Quote:
"Did Okaa-sama……intentionally choose for this to happen?"

Even though I was speaking myself, it felt like I heard someone else talking. It felt like a me which was not me was moving my body and asking questions.

"I obviously didn’t plan things out to that extent. However, I did think that if the capacity that was left was only enough for one emotion, then it should be affection directed towards you. Tatsuya will be spending far more time with you, after all."
And Miya is definitely capable of lying to her daughter and Tatsuya, who has undertaken the operation at the age of six ... where it was easy to convince him that the affection he has toward Miyuki is brotherly love ... especially with him, being unable to compare this feeling with any other deep emotion...

Basically, I think there is enough room for the author to introduce some plot twists, where Tatsuya is going to be able to eventually respond to the feelings that Miyuki has toward him ... provided that the other blocks to their relationship are going to be removed as well, but since there are still, pretty much, about 2 years of High School remaining, before Tatsuya and Miyuki graduate ... he has more then enough time to do that...

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-04-15 at 14:30.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:01   Link #647
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally, I'm not so sure if Tatsuya isn't going to be eventually going to be able to love Miyuki as a women...

After all, to me his love for her ... definitely surpasses the level that siblings normally have and while I'm aware that Miya has mentioned that the only remaining emotion that Tatsuya has his brotherly love... but at the same time, she said this:

And Miya is definitely capable of lying to her daughter and Tatsuya, who has undertaken the operation at the age of six ... where it was easy to convince him that the affection he has toward Miyuki is brotherly love ... especially with him, being unable to compare this feeling with any other deep emotion...

Basically, I think there is enough room for the author to introduce some plot twists, where Tatsuya is going to be able to eventually respond to the feelings that Miyuki has toward him ... provided that the other blocks to their relationship are going to be removed as well, but since there are still, pretty much, about 2 years of High School remaining, before Tatsuya and Miyuki graduate ... he has more then enough time to do that...
That.......is a scary thought, espicially since it seems more and more likely to happen, with the way Miyuki is starting to get more and more assertive, and with Tatsuya not being able to refuse Miyuki. Im hoping for an ending where Tatsuya breaks free from the yotsuba in some form or another goes his seperate way alone, and with Miyuki having an arranged marriage to Masaki since she no longer has value as the clan head without Tatsuya.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:02   Link #648
Chimurry

Quote:

After all, to me his love for her ... definitely surpasses the level that siblings normally have and while I'm aware that Miya has mentioned that the only remaining emotion that Tatsuya has his brotherly love... but at the same time, she said this:

I not sure about they will have intimacy, but I think Miyuki will likely try to get Tats "seeds" in order to get the best Human Magical Individual possible, on my pov seems to be the ultimate goal basement under Ten Masters Clans Org
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:08   Link #649
niffum

To add to the whole "Tatsuya can't undo what Miya did to Maya" thing, didn't Miya use outer Systemic Magic that affects pushions? Tatsuya's Regrowth doesn't work on pushions, so he couldn't undo the spell even if he wanted to.

I do agree that things do not look good for Koichi though. He has "Tragic Character" written all over him.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:14   Link #650
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I not sure about they will have intimacy, but I think Miyuki will likely try to get Tats "seeds" in order to get the best Human Magical Individual possible, on my pov seems to be the ultimate goal basement under Ten Masters Clans Org
I was thinking it seems more and more likely that Tatsuya and Miyuki end up together, even if its just a stay together scenario where nothing really changes, judging from what i have read of the spoilers for this ln.

We have the example of the "brother and sister" son created, the way Miyuki has been increasingly agressive and Tatsuya really doing nothing to stop her, and the shocking similarities tatsuya and Miyuki have to the gods. Im really hoping im wrong or that my opinion changes once I get my hands on the new Ln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
I do agree that things do not look good for Koichi though. He has "Tragic Character" written all over him.
Hes sooo going to have a bad ending.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:21   Link #651
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
To add to the whole "Tatsuya can't undo what Miya did to Maya" thing, didn't Miya use outer Systemic Magic that affects pushions? Tatsuya's Regrowth doesn't work on pushions, so he couldn't undo the spell even if he wanted to.

I was not thinking of Regrowth actually as the mechanism... but if his powers of deleting or modifying data does not allow him to theoretically reverse what Miya did to Maya, then I apologize for misunderstanding the nature of Tatsuya's powers. I was thinking of the general principle that Tatsuya's powers operate under, but if it doesn't allow him to affect or undo the effects of moving Pushions..... I wonder, would Tatsuya in co-operation with Miyuki find a way to combine abilities, to undo outer Systemic Magic, perhaps unwittingly? I still think it would be ironic and interesting if the siblings undo the actions of their mother on their aunt's deathbed.

Of course, Miyuki might be completely wrong about her belief that Maya would marry Miyuki off - I don't even know who, outside the Ten Families would be a suitable candidate to bring into the family, and that's on-top of the fact that the very purpose of making Miyuki the heir, is to forestall any possibility that Tatsuya turns against his clan. Adding another male adds another unpredictable variable to a very delicate situation.

Does sexual intercouse play a part in ensuring powerful magicians? Or does simple IVF style artificial insemination work just as well, so long as the fetus is carried in a mother's womb? If that happens, Miyuki's refusal to consummate any marriage is not really that much of an issue. If she needs to do her duties, artificial insemination would serve just as well. In-fact, does Miyuki even need to be married off to an outsider, beyond the Yotsuba clan?

And yes, death flags are all over Koichi, But why aren't Mayumi's two brothers introduced yet in that case, if they are front-runners to inherit the clan? Unless.... Mayumi is Koichi's intended heir, in which case, the second and third most powerful families in Japan are now ruled by new clan heads younger than 20 years old - I wonder how many of the replacement families would smell blood in such a situation, especially if Maya also bites it soon after, leaving Miyuki in charge. If that's the case, Kudou's plans to check the Yotsuba's might fail, for the very simple reason I can't see Mayumi and Katsuto actually moving against Miyuki. And of course, perhaps other powers might think that Japan is more vulnerable given that some of their most powerful families are in a leadership transition period - until Tatsuya sharply disabuses them with judicious uses of material burst.

Last edited by novalysis; 2014-04-15 at 14:36.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:30   Link #652
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
you talking about the Magatama? The Magatama is supposed to be able to store Magic Sequences Not amplify Magic

Besides how would Regrowth get amplified in the first place without causing more pain to the caster? 30 seconds caused around 150 times greater pain then Isori and Kirihara felt, 30 years would probably just flat out kill Tatsuya from shock
My bad, a random ancient relic then. With everything we know, the existence of an artifact amplifying superpowers isn't impossible. It is speculated that the philosopher stone can help to solve one magic problem.

Quote:

What the... That's twisted .

But I don't think it's possible, the facts speak for themselves, Tatsuya cares for her has a big brother. He never shown that he cares for her as a woman and stated it himself. Given that his feelings for her are extreme, if it was romantic love he would have bedded her already, they are always alone at home and he saw her almost naked many times, it does him nothing at all, normal since she is his sister. I don't see why Miya would lie to them too, she has no reasons to do to so, besides letting Tatsuya with romantic love to her beloved daughter would not do any good.
Old 2014-04-15, 14:44   Link #653
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javani View Post
Apparently in the volume 13 Masaki wants to get her phone/adress and she refuse, she must really hate him
Seriously? Poor guy

I stand by my position though: The more often this story thread gets airtime, the bigger Masaki's chances get. Because it means that the development is relevant.

Of course it would require developments to fly, but it's certainly not inconceivable. It would also allow the author to let Masaki with his Ichijou influence to come to Miyuki's aid once the going gets tough. And it doesn't take too much to foresee a T/M vs Yotsuba conflict in the future.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:49   Link #654
real123

What happens in the scene where masaki meets the siblings
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:33   Link #655
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
the word insurrection left me the feeling that the non-magician factions will finally make their move.
the non-magician faction is just a front for the Black sage to take his revenge on the yotsuba clan because they destroyed Dahan(now part of GAA), which was his home country, as well as destroying the Kunlunfang Institute which was their magical research institute.
If we think back to the beginning of the story GAA under the influence of the black sage is the main antagonist, the okinawa battle was the first attempt, then 3 years later the yokohama was the second attempt and i can bet my ass the insurrection arc will be another attempt most likely the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
That.......is a scary thought, especially since it seems more and more likely to happen, with the way Miyuki is starting to get more and more assertive, and with Tatsuya not being able to refuse Miyuki. Im hoping for an ending where Tatsuya breaks free from the yotsuba in some form or another goes his seperate way alone, and with Miyuki having an arranged marriage to Masaki since she no longer has value as the clan head without Tatsuya.
that's not gonna happen... the only way for him to exit his guardian duty i at the end of his "protection detail" i assume it will be when they graduate high school or he is liberated from the duty by the head of the clan or the third he goes ballistic nukes the clan into oblivion and the guardian duty along with it.

besides what makes you think miyuki will even accept an arranged marriage? She dislikes the yotsuba because they treat tatsuya the way they do, she playing along in order to become the head of the clan to change that, if that option somehow becomes impossible she will have no reason to play along and with a walking nuke machine gun along side her (like was said in reminiscence arc its the worst possible outcome for the clan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I stand by my position though: The more often this story thread gets airtime, the bigger Masaki's chances get. Because it means that the development is relevant.
his chances are below 0, for one miyuki doesn't give a rats ass about him, she just being polite as a social necessity, second masaki is the future head of the ichijou family and miyuki is the future head of yotsuba(unless her aunt changes her mind or has a death wish ) but i stick to not giving a rat's ass as primary motivation.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:46   Link #656
Zoks

Why does Miyuki having feelings for Tatsuya make that relationship inevitable? Considering the publisher, Tatsuya will never get together with Miyuki in that matter. Also, I'm not sure what Miyuki shippers expect would change in their relationship, seeing how he is already with her nearly 24/7. It's like they promote the continuation of the status quo. They want the curse that Tatsuya was stuck with by the Yotsuba to become acceptable to him somehow, instead of him growing and overcoming it.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:59   Link #657
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Seriously? Poor guy

Of course it would require developments to fly, but it's certainly not inconceivable. It would also allow the author to let Masaki with his Ichijou influence to come to Miyuki's aid once the going gets tough. And it doesn't take too much to foresee a T/M vs Yotsuba conflict in the future.
Do you really think tats will fight the yotsubas? With miyuki being oficially the future head of the clan in a little more than a year, the kurobas utter devotion to him (they have the second best candidate) and with so many enemies and agendas against the clan, japan or magicians? Who is he even going to fight against in the yotsubas? Some mildle age guys that don t respect him because don t know his powers but are loyal to miyuki? I don t think he has really a good reason to kill anyone in the yotsuba right now....
Honestly i think this is going towards a yotsuba against the world and tats will be on the yotsuba side lol
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 16:02   Link #658
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Do you really think tats will fight the yotsubas? With miyuki being oficially the future head of the clan in a little more than a year, the kurobas utter devotion to him (they have the second best candidate) and with so many enemies and agendas against the clan, japan or magicians? Who is he even going to fight against in the yotsubas? Some mildle age guys that don t respect him because don t know his powers but are loyal to miyuki? I don t think he has really a good reason to kill anyone in the yotsuba right now....
Honestly i think this is going towards a yotsuba against the world and tats will be on the yotsuba side lol
I think she's going to be the official heir, not the official head, but yeah, same thing. He's not likely to fight the Yotsuba mostly because it isn't really in his interest. He'll most likely stay neutral if Miyuki isn't involved, otherwise he would protect her.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 16:30   Link #659
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Why does Miyuki having feelings for Tatsuya make that relationship inevitable? Considering the publisher, Tatsuya will never get together with Miyuki in that matter. Also, I'm not sure what Miyuki shippers expect would change in their relationship, seeing how he is already with her nearly 24/7. It's like they promote the continuation of the status quo. They want the curse that Tatsuya was stuck with by the Yotsuba to become acceptable to him somehow, instead of him growing and overcoming it.
I guess it's because she is the main heroine? Shippers have their reasons. I find it quite amusing that some find Masaki X Miyuki impossible despite Miyuki being practically in the same situation as him. Masaki's situation is even better than hers.
Old 2014-04-15, 16:44   Link #660
Javani

Probably impossible because the author has admitted Miyuki is too much brocon for love an another man.
Javani is offline   Reply With Quote